+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Wife Swap

Is anyone watching the new season of Wife Swap?

In the "supposed" warm south where it's been cold for weeks.
    I watched tonight's episode because nothing else was on that I was interested in. I noticed there wasn't even a thread for the show anymore. Tonight's show was at least interesting to say the least. That 9 year-old was out of control. I would hate to see him 10 years down the road. I can see him beinga very troubled person. I think baseball was a good idea for him because he became a normal kid and bonded with other kids through that. I also think the other kid, Spencer I think, will grow up to be one of those arrogant jocks who is overly competitive about everything. The person that annoyed me the most was the conservative mom though.

I watched last week's show, with the strict black parents and the do whatever the heck you want white parents. It was pretty good. I thought the black parents were doing a great job raising their sons, minus the 50 cell phone calls aday, they both seemed like happy well adjusted young men. The other family, now why on earth would you go on national television and say you have no rules and you let your children watch 8 hours of tv a day?

Anyone catch "pageant mom" last night? She wasn't as bad as I initially feared.

Last nights episode was disturbing. Pageant mom only feeds her kids junk food? If she keeps that up, her daughter won't be able to fit in her pageant gowns.

Creative mom needs to get that hair cut!! If she's not going to wash or comb it, why bother having it?

Pageant mom seemed a lot more normal than artsy mom. I didn't catch the whole show, but from what I saw, it seems like artsy mom's family was much more messed up by her rigid, controlling, "my art comes first & the heck with the rest of your needs," attitude. (And from what I saw of her art, she was wasting her time, IMHO). I don't know if Lucy needs to do the pageants, but she certainly seemed tickled while shopping for new clothes. And having a balanced diet does not require living on liquified wheat sprouts, or whatever that green concoction was. Yes, the other family could back off on the pageants a bit, or let the other kid compete too so that she gets the same amount of attention as her sister, but they still seemed like more of a team than the p-whipped dad, repressed kid, & ultracontrolling mom combo.
    I watch this show because it helps me feel less sad about being single

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic
    Anyone catch "pageant mom" last night? She wasn't as bad as I initially feared.
    I felt the same way. I cringed when I saw the pageant pictures but she turned out okay. She was very nice to the girl and seemed to geniunely want to see her happy and that was cool.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

It was a sad moment when artsy mom and her family destroyed their tv and put a fish tank in it. That little girl seems so brainwashed by her mother, saying how tv was turning her brain to mush, it seemed like she was told exactly what to say. On the other hand, she is a very creative young girl, maybe not so much tv is not a bad thing!

If the artsy mom was so anti-television....how did she know about Wife Swap and why was she on it??

FORT Newbie
    Agreed that pageant mom seems a lot more normal but check out realitytvcalendar online. Artsy mom and dad have a cd out and I actually ordered it last week. Fantastic singers! Unbelievable. Makes me wonder about reality tv casting. These guys are professional and my money was not wasted. Plus they have a song called The Wife Swap Song that I am going to play at my next WS party. It's hysterical!

Back to pageant mom--she might be right about competition. How can it be avoided? It's like avoiding tv. Impossible! Do you think artsy mom is too idealistic?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 75 123456789101151 ... LastLast