+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 256566676869707172737475

Thread: Wife Swap

Kiz

Re: Wife Swap

Those crazy Wife Swappers...

A teen beauty queen who was featured on ABC's 'Wife Swap' two years ago is suing the network for $100 million, charging they framed scenes to "maximize her public embarrassment" by making her look like a spoiled brat. In court papers obtained by the NY Daily News, Alicia Guastaferro, 18, claims she has received death threats and harbors suicidal tendencies since the show, in which she offered, "I do feel sorry for people that are not gorgeous people."

The episode focused heavily on Guastaferro, who is described as the "princess of pageantry" and is given presents every day by her parents, who keep a Christmas tree up all year. 'Wife Swap' centers on mothers from different walks of life switching places, but the lawsuit claims ABC spent too much time on the demanding teen and not the intended subject of the show: the wife, Karen.

Guastaferro says that since the airing she has had to transfer schools in upstate New York and has gone from the honor roll to being a special education student. It probably didn't help that during the show, Mrs. Guastaferro freely admitted -- and demonstrated -- how she does her daughter's homework. "She doesn't have time!"

"I feel the way to Alicia's happiness is, give her everything she wants. Don't give her any rules. Why upset her?" Karen boasted.

Another motive for the lawsuit may be the financial woes of the family.

Last November, Ralph and Karen Guastaferro pleaded guilty to felony money laundering charges stemming from a Canadian telemarketing scheme. Karen is also in hot water for not declaring wages at the family's glass-tinting business. According to a Buffalo News report, she faces up to 16 months in jail, while he could spend up to 57 months behind bars.
    Notorious Reality TV 'Brat' Sues ABC for $100 Million | PopEater.com
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

She clearly doesn't have the send to be embarrassed about any of that. What's the old adage - you can edit IN a bad personality.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The balloon couple are trying to get more publicity with reality show. In fact the producers of WS won't rerun their show anymore over it. What people will do for fifteen minutes of fame and more!
    NFL 2014 is Here!

I haven't seen this show in a very long time.
    I never saw the episode with the Balloon Boy, nor did I see this episode.
    It seemed, though, that whenever I did see the show, there was someone on whom I had seen on another reality show.

I do think this show brings some of the worst people out of the woodwork.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Balloon Boy's family actually had 2 episodes with 2 different swapped mothers on the show. I've never seen a more disgusting display of behavior.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yikes!!

Sounds like ABC really reaches into the dregs of the barrel for contestants for the show!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3860992;
    Balloon Boy's family actually had 2 episodes with 2 different swapped mothers on the show. I've never seen a more disgusting display of behavior.
    I couldn't agree with you more. Balloon Boy's mom and dad are both nut jobs. My goodness. What a bunch of freaks. And that's being kind.

Kiz

These people never take responsiblity for their own actions. I am dismayed at many of the ways children are exploited and over exposed by these types of shows, but more often than not, it's with the parents leading the way. Clear examples are the balloon boy and the spoiled pagent girl.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Guastaferro says that since the airing she has had to transfer schools in upstate New York and has gone from the honor roll to being a special education student. It probably didn't help that during the show, Mrs. Guastaferro freely admitted -- and demonstrated -- how she does her daughter's homework. "She doesn't have time!"
    Yeah...It couldn't be that once the mom stopped doing the girl's homework for her, the grades dropped?

Always amazes me how much some people assume everyone else can't see through them. But that's (also) the type of person who makes for water-cooler-worthy reality TV.

+ Reply to Thread