+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 75 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Wife Swap

I was wondering if anyone else had seen the show tonight. It was a shocker, on both ends! Talk about polar opposites. This was just beyond bizarre. The NJ woman was very ugly...inside; her lips defy description. I felt so sorry for those little girls of the pioneer family. I wonder if they go to public school. I can't imagine that they do. Pioneer mom hasn't shaved her pits in 6 years......just WOW! NJ was just a nasty witch in the things she would say to pioneer dad. It was totally unnecessary. I hated it that when she got home she asked her son if he liked that nasty, ugly woman; that's a fine thing to teach your children...to talk about people like that. NJ dad has no spine, and his wife doesn't respect him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I saw it - and really couldn't believe how shallow and plastic the NJ mom was - no role model at all! I didn't mind the no shaving, but did mind the sharing that small amount of bath water! There are folks near us who live off the grid, and with solar and wind power it's possible to have refrigerators and freezers, even low energy washing machines! I thought the NJ mom didn't do anything on the first week, why should the family even try to learn anything from her - so disrespectful bouncing on the bed, and screaming out to the other shoppers. I really hope that seeing the show wakes that NJ dad up! His kids and he have a relationship, but mom doesn't care about anything else besides herself (even her hubby).

All I could think of was THIS mom is even worse than the Oregon homophobic mom, and I never thought anyone would top that! At least she "tried" to talk with the other mom...and did interact with others (not successfully, but she did).

I'm glad someone else witnessed that. I haven't seen armpits that hairy on anyone other than an NBA player in a long time. I can understand that some women don't shave, to each their own, but she had a chia pet growing underneath her arms.

Mrs. Plastic did annoy me saying that to her son, and did you see the look she shot her husband when he tried to stand up to her for donating those clothes to charity? Also, her bumping the pioneer husband into his seat with those silicone filled balloons was uncalled for. I will say one thing, if I were her I would not have wanted to spend a single moment in that house either, and I certainly am not sharing a tub with three other people even if you let me go first, no matter how hard they scrubbed that tub before they offered it to me. I'd sooner shower at the gas station sink. I admit it's my own hangup.....just knowing that they work with all of those animals and don't bathe daily, and when they do it's a community bath, I just couldn't sleep in there even if I brought my own bedding along.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 04-17-2009 at 09:49 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I concur!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Wow, NJ mom is a super mega b!tch! I can't believe how cruel she was. Her behavior is probably why the pioneer family thinks the so called "American Dream" is evil. Pioneer family though, ugh, there is no way in hell I'd be sharing bath water with 3 other people. That is just so unsanitary!

FORT Fanatic

I seriously think NJ mom is mentally ill. She has to be because it's too scary to believe someone sane would be so narcissitic and cruel to others.

Couldn't help laughing in disbelief when she went on her tirade about how Pioneer dad wasn't a real man and should step up and provide for his family. In other words, earn lots of money and then hand over the paycheque.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I have a feeling NJ Dad isn't really attracted to NJ mom anymore and that relationship might not be lasting too much longer. She was horrid. I couldn't believe some of the things she said, especially in public.

But I do agree that the Pioineer family needs to have electricity, at least a couple of hours at night. And they should absolutely get their own bath/shower!!! Every once in awhile buy your daughters a new article of clothing and it will go a long way.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

OK..I have a question..why was the NJ couple called "Shannon Michael and Shannon Nicole"...??????? Did I miss something in the opening that mentioned that?

I was also wondering how the pioneer family even knew about Wife Swap if they have no electricity hence no tv.

IMHO, I think that was HORRIFIC the sharing of the bath water!

Oh and absolutely a perfect name for NJ wife....MRS. PLASTIC!!! She is going for more after the show!!!!!!!!!!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I'm assuming both of their names are Shannon and so they used their middle names as well to tell them apart when speaking to/about them.

I was thinking the same thing about the Pioneer family not having TV and they would know about the show. I'm always surprised at some of the families that go on the show. A lot of them don't seem like the "type" to do it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3417711;
    I'm assuming both of their names are Shannon and so they used their middle names as well to tell them apart when speaking to/about them.

I was thinking the same thing about the Pioneer family not having TV and they would know about the show. I'm always surprised at some of the families that go on the show. A lot of them don't seem like the "type" to do it.
    That is just so ODD...I mean to BOTH have the first name SHANNON...to me, it is so ODD!!

+ Reply to Thread