+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Re: Wife Swap

I don't believe he's sorry for what he said, nor is his wife, they're sorry they got called out on their bull. Sorry for themselves, not for the people whom they offended. I'm sure behind closed doors there is nothing but more of the foul crap that we have already heard too much of.

In the end, I'm glad his kids get to see the backlash from this, it is possibly the best lesson they can learn from this experience. It is not cool to treat others that way, and you pay for you behavior in this world. I just wonder if their children are getting any backlash at school. Like I said I only saw a few minutes of the episode, and will not be watching it when it repeats, but it seems from the comments here that they were chips off the old block so to speak.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I believe in accepting apologies, and both of these ring of sincerity, in my opinion. The next thing will be to see if the actions back up the words. I have not reason to believe that they won't; of course, I don't think that we'll ever know how things eventually work out.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3305304;
    Damage control? I don't know if I buy it or not but I'm glad he finally made a public statement because having his wife do it for him is such a wuss move. What I think is so weird is that the internet is totally blowing up about this and "Stephen Fowler Wife Swap" was in google's top 50 searches immediately after the show aired and I've heard nothing about it in the mainstream media. Not even a blurb. I'm sure Joel McHale will talk about on The Soup but I bet that's all we'll hear. Our local TV station has a segment called "The Rant" (which is quite hilarious sometimes) where people can write in or call in with opinions about various topics and so I emailed my query about why this hasn't been mentioned by the mainstream media. I don't know if they'll air it or not, especially since it's NBC and the comments are about an ABC show but we'll see.
    I watched the show, yelled at the TV in disgust and immediately went and googled Stephen Fowler Wife Swap lol. I have never been so mad at a TV show especially one such as Wife Swap. What an ignorant fool he is and his wife is equal a fool in the follow up she was laughing along with him. First of all to me I think her job is a bunch of BS so if her husband made her lose clients (I cannot believe she has any clients to begin with) well then those so called clients are probably saving themselves some money they otherwise would have wasted oh but wait they probably make more money in a day/week then a Midwesterner would make all year. What an evil jerk! I am still fuming about that guy!

I'm putting this is spoiler tags just in case...

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm so annoyed. I just watched the Soup and the only mention of this episode was to make fun of the Missouri husband's misuse of quantity vs quality. I wonder why the media is so afraid of Stephen Fowler?
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3308482;
    I'm putting this is spoiler tags just in case...

Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm so annoyed. I just watched the Soup and the only mention of this episode was to make fun of the Missouri husband's misuse of quantity vs quality. I wonder why the media is so afraid of Stephen Fowler?
    They are not afraid, he's just not worth it!

Anyone catch the episode last night with the "Unschooled" family? middle boy looks like a starving 3rd world country person. Can't write above a first grade level and he is 10? Can't do math? That father is a piece of work also. People should need a license.

I didn't see all of last nights episode since my granddaughter was here and the show was on during reading time, but don't all home schooled children have to pass academic tests every year? I admit I don't know much about home schooling and I know that each state probably has their own rules but logic would tell you that there are certain areas that would have to be covered. Math, English, History, Sciences, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3309308;
    I didn't see all of last nights episode since my granddaughter was here and the show was on during reading time, but don't all home schooled children have to pass academic tests every year? I admit I don't know much about home schooling and I know that each state probably has their own rules but logic would tell you that there are certain areas that would have to be covered. Math, English, History, Sciences, etc.
    I would think so also, but this 10 year old could not write a sentence above first grade level which is about 6 years old? Math he had no math skills whatsoever -did not know what 7x4 was etc etc...

I saw it. And I think, judging from the "other|" mom's reaction that the home school mom was NOT following a curriculum. My kids all go to school (or went...lol, they're in college now) but I think this show gave home schooling a bad name. Done the right way, I'm sure it is fine. The policeman family was probably one of the more normal families I have seen on this show. Granted, they pushed the kids a little too hard, IMO, but they recognized it and even toughie dad softened up. Home school dad has obvious left over school issues. He comes off as an "odd duck" and I would bet he had a horrible experience in school and is projecting his problems on to his kids. Those home schooled kids worry me with their lack of knowledge and social skills. It was however, nice to watch this week where people weren't belittling each other so much.

At one point, home school mom made the statement that a lot of home-schooled kids go to college at an earlier age than other kids that go to regular school.

I wish school mom would have asked home-school mom what the 18-year-old son's plans were. Basically all she said was that he was artistic and didn't need to learn calculus.

They showed very little of the oldest son, other than his dancing around at the beginning and sitting in on some of those truly enlightening dinner conversations! What is he going to do with the rest of his life? College? Street-corner performer?

+ Reply to Thread