+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Cowboy Jane or whatever the hell she calls herself.. she's the one who went WAY over the top at the table discussion. There was NO reason for her to full on attack the Italian hubby by saying he's "an alcoholic, spineless {bleep}".. all the while pointing her finger. Then, she aims that finger at the wife and says "You're a whore, alcoholic and [blah blah]".. Wow!
    She was being very confronting and very rude. Even if ANY of it is true.. she needs to reel herself in.. and I think she felt like she could do that because her "strappin'" husband was by her side. He has a major anger issue and she knew if they even so much as raised an eyebrow at her, that he'd explode.

She really needs a nice smackdown (besides from her employer/husband). The SECOND she raises a voice like that toward my child.. is the day she knows what an Irish fist tastes like & how quick I can dole out my corporal punishment. No amount crap shoveling or hay bailing will help her either...she's not that tough.
    What the little girl said didn't warrant that woman to scream, point that finger and basically bully her into eating her green beans.

I hope the Italians sue (like he said he would). The "cowboy justice" {yawn} he felt the other husband needed..was way out of hand and definitely NOT necessary.
    Makes me wonder what in the hell goes on in that home when the kids get "busted".
    When the little girls were all excited about that little tiny room all decked out for the "beauty shop".. they were excited, and seemed to be having fun. Until Iron-fist Daddy stands there... "only ugly people need makeup to cover up".. or whatever he said. Immediately the girls won't want to enjoy it.. daddy majorly disapproves. Cut that fun out..instantly. Poor girls were so confused.

If there was even a remote problem the Italians had, it's all null and void now... the cowboy family has MAJOR, MAJOR issues. They'll never EVER think that they have, or will do anything wrong. Good for them, stay on the farm then..don't mingle with any outsiders. Especially a WIFE SWAP reality show.

Shame on them for being so classless. :nono

KELBEL, yeah.. right in the face too! Can't tell me she isn't used to the abuse. "He'll kill you! He'll kill you!". Nice.. what an excellent couple.
    "We don't need to converse, our love is obvious because we know what each other is thinking without saying a word". He obviously doesn't "get" relationships either.
    "See that nod".. "that's all I need".
    Last edited by Maveno; 05-02-2006 at 12:55 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzz View Post
    Such a weird ending to the show - had I not seen the previews, or if they hadn't reminded us a million times it was coming - I would never have guessed such a blow-up would occur.
    Yeah, they really hit a new low, didn't they? I don't really have anything to add, just put me down as agreeing with Maveno's entire post.

I think I enjoy these programs more when there's one couple to root for, a "good" vs "evil" situation, but last night I just hated all 4 of them.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The show was fine until the end, when it turned into Jerry Springer. If this is how the couples face to face meetings are going to be, count me out!

FORT Fan
    I thought the whole thing lacked class. The couples could have just walked away from the situation instead of resorting to violence and making themselves look silly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Good grief! Sounds like I missed a doozy!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think this was also the first time that, when the swapped couples were meeting up with their spouses, the Italian mom rode alone in the limo while cowboy took the truck. The Italian hubby rode in the limo with the cowboy's wife.

I did notice that when the married couples reunited cowboy wife made the remark that she knew he would come in the truck.

Anyone else notice the thong shot on the cowboy wife when she jumped into her hubby's arms?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    I did notice that when the married couples reunited cowboy wife made the remark that she knew he would come in the truck.
    I noticed that, too! Not sure what it meant - that she knew he would have issues with the other wife, or he was just trying to keep it real?

Anyone else notice the thong shot on the cowboy wife when she jumped into her hubby's arms?
    Uh, yeah, I did, but thought maybe I was just imagining it, hehe. For someone reason it just didn't seem to fit her personality.

just put me down as agreeing with Maveno's entire post.
    Me three. My goodness the "Cowboy" (I shudder for real cowfolk everywhere) family had some issues. Wow.

Where to even begin? Ok, when the Cow-wife said about the Cow-husband "He'll kill you!" Something about the way she shrieked that out so quickly, tells me she might've seen those fists a-flyin' before.

Isn't child labor illegal? The oldest little girl began chores at TWO? What the?? I am from the Midwest. I went to school with farm kids. NONE of them were out there at two (high school yes; old enough to drive a tractor). Granted, a farm isn't a ranch but still. It's not all that different work-intensity-wise either. If you have to press your toddlers into service you can't afford one. Hire help, or give it up. Is it even safe for kids to muck out a stall? What if the horse suddenly rears? And making the girl ride with her hat down over her eyes - huh?! Is that normal practise? Seems dangerous.

Both the cowpoke parents were verbally abusive to the other family. (The Cowdad auctioning Kim off - "Big gal, sold!") Were they that threatened by anyone different?! The "Italian Princess" (re: the show) family did not seem bad or harmful in any way. Certainly nothing that earned them such treatment. Granted, different than the other family... especially the male role... but if it works for them, why not? I'd have set their kids a bedtime and curbed the writing on the walls (directed that to one area only and given them chalk to draw on chalkboard-painted walls with maybe?) but Cowgal's reaction was abusive verbally IMO. She just carped and harped constantly. To the dad and his kids. Even to the neighbor kids!

She said it at one point: "Maybe I am OCD". I think it was a lot more than that. (I know OCD sufferers; it doesn't make them abusive, or controlling to others.) But it shows she's wondering about her own actions, so something's up. Someone must've said that to her in the past.

I mean she just began berating the new family especially the husband. She was not constructive in any way just critical and even abusive (the name calling). How many times did she call both kids a "weakling"? And her rules about "No crying, no whining. You're not dying, are you?" are weird. What would Alice Miller say?

I was upset at Wife Swap for not showing the actual punch. Unless they were not allowed to, due to a pending court case. I do hope the Italian family sues the jeans off the Cowpuke family. Leave them just enough to get some anger management counseling.

The Italian dad seemed shaken when the cowboy just went 'off' on him. And the way the Cowgal was calling the Italian mom names was bizarre. Both their reactions were extreme, compared to any situation we saw. Nothing we were shown, merited such abuse.

Wow, do I feel sorry for their children. (Who I feel CFS should check out... why do I feel like their parents would pull a Waco if so?)

When the little girls were all excited about that little tiny room all decked out for the "beauty shop".. they were excited, and seemed to be having fun. Until Iron-fist Daddy stands there... "only ugly people need makeup to cover up".
    Well - if he let them just be little girls, and see what playtime and fun are... and girly girl pastimes are... he might lose his ranchhands. Grrrr.

I really hope CFS checks that family out - someone not from that immediate area, mind you - and I hope they literally lose the ranch in a lawsuit (Cowdad punching Italiandad in the face when he hadn't done anything!). I'm not usually vindictive but wow. Nothing short of that is gonna wake them up.

Uh, yeah, I did, but thought maybe I was just imagining it, hehe. For someone reason it just didn't seem to fit her personality.
    I'd wager they could be one of those couples who don't actually 'do' anything but who have some sort of kinky thing going on. If they never have sex as she said in the show - why's she wearing a thong to greet him? Something about this family stinks of hidden abuse. ALLEGEDLY IN MY OPINION
    Last edited by Brandy; 05-03-2006 at 04:35 AM.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar
    I couldnt believe they started fighting, i wonder do they still get the money since they didnt do the ending were they meet.

Yeah that Thong on Cowwife I mean woman, girl ... whatever it suprised me, I think thats about the only femine thing left about her.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

+ Reply to Thread