+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 75 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

They don't get paid at all? Then why do it, I wonder??

A lot of the families do seem to have kids they want to push into show biz, though. (Gemz, anyone?)

For the "bear" family, I think it was the chance to do something unusual. As a family. It's real sad about the bear dad and I hope he is OK now!

He will have a lot of love & support as he recovers, that's for sure!

I'm watching this week's episode. One wife is a Wiccan "high-priestess", the other a slave. The slave is WAY too freaked out by the Wiccan life. And Wiccan woman is too freaked out by having to work. I still don't understand why it is SOOOOO hard for every one of these participants to go change their lives for two weeks! Geesh! No one is making you live there forever!

Welcome to another episode of "Meet the Wackos". One household worships the mom, the other worships the dad. They're both wrong.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

You're right, they're both wrong. However, as the show progresses, both the women have points that they are making to the other family.

The Wiccan children appear, by their names, to be girls, but they look like boys. What's up with that?

Hey! The wives actually are hugging each other goodbye! That's pretty rare on this show.

FORT Regular
    Lucy, why did you put "high priestess" in quotes? That's what she is.

FORT Regular
    *growls at screen* We don't all dress like that! At least, not outside of festivals and such. I'm Wiccan, my husband doesn't worship me, and neither of us have any tattoos. My house looks pretty normal, too. No dragons, no pirate flags, just lots of plants.

I did wonder if the way the coven interacted with the Wiccan family was typical. Anyone know? As far as what they did, how often the members were there, etc. Is it usually done in the home?

Wiccan Mom struck me as very easy-going. I thought she might flip when she learned about the coven being banned or the plate being broken, but she didn't. Their family seemed much more healthy & balanced than the other one. It's hard to imagine that the other mom liked doing chores. I can see being willing to do it for her family's sake, but loving it? Not saying it's wrong, just don't get it.

I thought household mom's hubby (Kyle) was a jerk. "That paycheck says Kyle, not Kyle and family."? Jackass. Is he married or not? And which century is he living in? He also seemed to completely miss Wiccan mom's point about how asking for a handout from one's own husband is demeaning. It also set my teeth on edge, when the housework mom's rules included the little girls serving everyone else, even their brothers! Children should be equal. She's saying it's not just her family's way but that all women should serve all men, even all girls serve all boys. That's so toxic. In her eyes females are only here to be servants - bah.

I'm also tired of the women on this show repeatedly being the only ones in this to cry. Not that I want anyone to cry - I'm just saying the men's passive-aggressive attitude has grown very tiresome! In every episode it seems to make the guest moms cry.

It was neat the way the Wiccan dad responded to the challenge. I thought at first he'd go all obstructive too, but then he really opened up. It was very touching when he wept about his son.
    Last edited by Brandy; 03-07-2006 at 08:09 AM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The coven considered the Wiccan's home their church, and were encouraged to be there...thus their frequent presence. Lots of people love to spend lots of time at their churches...yours truly, excluded.

Once everyone settled into accepting the strangers in their homes, I was impressed with the willingness of the other families to learn other ways...even Kyle.

Over all it was a positive experience for both families. I hated that Kyle's wife not only put herself below her husband and son, but even the dog. I'm sure she was being facetious to a certain extent when she said even the dog came before, but the fact that she even voiced that was pathetic (there is truth in jest). Kyle's eyes were seriously opened to all that his wife does for the family, but if she likes her lifestyle, good for her. He just can't take her for granted. I loved it when the son acknowledged that they, basically, treat his mom like they treat the dog....and that fact bothered him. Good way to get inside his head, "Wiccan mom"!!

Loved how "slave mom" got the girls into cheerleading! How happy did those kids look?!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Regular
    I had more problems with Wiccan Mom then the other Mom. Crying over having to do housework. Please. She seemed very wrapped up into herself for a parent. I am a believer in sharing household duties but whoever is the stay at home parent, which can be the husband in some situations, should do the majority of the house work. Its just fair in my opinion. Neither of the extremes shown in this episode are good. Gods or Godesses of the household have no place in a healthy family. The kids should come first and the parents should be equal partners.

+ Reply to Thread