+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Tonights show looks strange, the whole family sleeps in one room? what is this some new trend? Kids in the shower with mom yeeck!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Tonights show was FULLARIOUS!!The blond mom wouldnt let the little boy put his pencil near his face!!!That poor child couldn't use a butter knife to cut his steak!!! That woman was out of it!!!

Favorite quote of the show has to be..: "If you wanna kiss my daughter...you have to kiss ME first!"
    Poor poor girls!!

And then she goes out on the date with the girl and makes the boy use hand sanitizer? or was that an outtake?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I still can't understand why they lived in the RV. What was the purpose of that? I guess if you cram everyone into a small space it's less likely you'll lose one of them or allow germs to get on them. What were these people planning to do when those older girls get to college age? Maybe they hadn't thought that far ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsohooked
    I have found from watching this show that the "free-thinkers" have a harder time conforming to the rules of the other household and in general are very resistant to change of any kind. I often wonder just how "free-thinking" they really are or is it more that they feel their way is better (more natural, healthier, or broader) than the other families - that is the way it comes off to me.
    Ah, that was what I was trying to say but you put it better.

I wanna know how they made so many kids with everyone sleeping in the same room?! No one ever asks...
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

FORT Regular
    I was wondering the same thing.

I'm amazed that no one in that family has rebelled yet.

As much as I believe that mom's should be around, if I was a kid I would rather be in the home of the mom who wasn't there rather than the home of the mom who wouldn't let me breathe.

She started crying because no one made the eight year old lunch. The kid can't make himself a sandwich?

I'm wondering if she thought that the kids would never leave home and stay with her forever, since she wasn't teaching them how to be self-sufficient. In fact, her type of behaviour sends messages to her kids that 1. I don't trust you. 2. You're incompetent. 3. You don't have a brain. 4. Everybody in the world is bad and the only person you can trust is me.

As for the other mom, she learned from the experience and looks like she's doing better in being there with her kids.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMom
    What were these people planning to do when those older girls get to college age? Maybe they hadn't thought that far ahead.
    The girls were home schooled, so the mom probably won't even let them go to college. This type of mom probably has the mentality that women don't need to go to college, because they should stay at home and bear children and take care of their men.

...another thing, did it bother anyone else that she was taking down license plates and looking up people's information???!
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I was another one watching who was perplexed as to exactly when/how they had sex in order to produce all those chitlins.

The license plate, info searches that she did constantly is a tad excessive. I most definitely can see being careful and making sure there isn't a rapist living in the RV next to ya... but it seemed that she does it almost like..for fun. I mean.. they're soooo damned paranoid about who is RVing around them, but they fail to realize that they have a fully functioning HOME to go to. Needless paranoia, GO HOME NIMWITS. No need to be the resident RoboCop if ya don't hafta. Geez.

Also, if I remember correctly, she DID say something to the affect of "what a real mother does".. or something like that when she was reading the rule changes. I was even offended by what she was saying. How dare she say that in someone else's home, to her HUSBAND and CHILDREN even.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread