+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    If the artsy mom was so anti-television....how did she know about Wife Swap and why was she on it??

My thoughts exactly!!!

That TV turned into a fish tank really bothered me. Good show, but in the end I liked pageant mom better, pageant dad is cool. But as someelse posted she better stop feeding the girls that garbage food or they will look like her, and not be able to pageant.

Why is it that all these artsy fartsy people on these shows always have FILTHY houses?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Why is it that all these artsy fartsy people on these shows always have FILTHY houses?
    Because they are too busy being "creative" to worry about such petty things as cleaning their houses.

FORT Newbie
    Last nights episode was disturbing. Pageant mom only feeds her kids junk food? If she keeps that up, her daughter won't be able to fit in her pageant gowns.

Creative mom needs to get that hair cut!! If she's not going to wash or comb it, why bother having it?
    Regarding creative mom's hair: It's really short and very much styled on the cover of her cd!! Maybe she was wearing hair extensions? I did a google on her and guess what??!! She was an 80s rock musician.

FORT Newbie

How I got on Wife Swap

If the artsy mom was so anti-television....how did she know about Wife Swap and why was she on it??
    Hello:

I am the "artsy mom". I didn't know about Wife Swap when a producer from ABC-TV asked me to apply for the show. I had never heard of it but I certainly thought the title was amusing. They came to me perhaps through one of my art galleries or because I was an 80's rock musician. The producers often look for a match for someone they already know they want to feature like the pagaent family. I, myself, thought that there could have been many other matches for the pagaent family, but I guess the "art" angle gave them something different from the usual. -Ramona Jan

FORT Newbie

From Artsy Fartsy Mom Herself

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    That TV turned into a fish tank really bothered me. Good show, but in the end I liked pageant mom better, pageant dad is cool. But as someelse posted she better stop feeding the girls that garbage food or they will look like her, and not be able to pageant.

In actuality my house is like a museum. I have a fulltime housekeeper. It's just that in TV land they like to create sterotypes. But I know what you are talking about. Most artists have a very messy house and usually too many cats! I have neither. Sorry if this information is more disturbing than what I did to the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by artmom
    In actuality my house is like a museum. I have a fulltime housekeeper. It's just that in TV land they like to create sterotypes. But I know what you are talking about. Most artists have a very messy house and usually too many cats! I have neither. Sorry if this information is more disturbing than what I did to the TV.
    None of this disturbed me, it seems that any shows tend to show "free- thinkers" (for lack of a better word) homes rather dusty, sinks piled with dishes, dirty etc etc..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Unless the producers took liberties with the label "free-spirits", I think Artsy mom's free-spirit philosophy applies to her only. Seems to me the dad and Lucy's spirits are not free at all. Lucy wants to do pageants, Artsy mom says no. Dad is too busy with the laundry etc. to persue his own free-spirit interests. How lovely to be in a family where one can say "I'm too busy being creative - fend for yourselves." (Now, I say this based on the representation of the producers which could be slanted.)

However, Ramona's behavior in the Pageant home was all her own. Is it really a free spirit who poo-poos another person's lifestyle? Forcing them into her way of thinking/living is not acknowledging THEIR free spirit.

Personal note to Ramona who appears to be posting here: have you made any changes as a result of the show?

I have found from watching this show that the "free-thinkers" have a harder time conforming to the rules of the other household and in general are very resistant to change of any kind. I often wonder just how "free-thinking" they really are or is it more that they feel their way is better (more natural, healthier, or broader) than the other families - that is the way it comes off to me.

I am looking forward to tonight's episode with the corporate mom and the stay-at-home, homeschooling mom of 7! Being a stay-at-home mom for 20
    years, I hope she is a good representative! I didn't home-school tho - no way - I liked my school time hours!! My quiet time! I'm now back in the job world again and I'm not sure if its all its cracked up to be! No more quiet time and when on earth do I shop!! I hate crowds!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by artmom
    Ok.. when I saw you putting on makeup at Pageant Mom's house.. I was SOOOOoooo grossed out! Only because I was assuming that it was HER makeup. Trust me.. nothing good comes outta wearing someone else's lipstick, eyeliner, rouge, etc. To name only a couple; herpes & sties!

So.. do tell. Was that her makeup, or did the producers make you go buy your own? (it did look used already, so..umm.. ewww)

Also, IF it was her makeup.. WOW! No way in hell could they make me wear someone else's gunk. Not to mention, if it was MY makeup and they told someone else to wear it (unbeknownst to me), I'd be furious!!!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread