+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 75 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting Reggie's episode tonight as well. I don't think that limb has a chance of breaking, QBoots. Religion always brings up a lot of "discussion".
    it always gets me riled up ... so i'll try to behave.

Why is Pastor Dad in some kind of box to do his little interview clips? Is that supposed to be some kind of confessional?

Pastor Mom is lecturing Atheist Dad about spending time with his kid; meanwhile Atheist Mom is comforting Pastor Daughter who feels ignored and neglected. Hmmmm

jeff's forgetting that the bible also says to "obey the laws of the land" ... hehehehe

Poor Reg! Im gonna pray for him.
    Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God

reggie has a point .... if you don't believe in god, many christians tend to make you feel like you don't count unless you do ...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Wonder what would happen if, when "Mrs. Reggie" is older, she decided to return to her roots. Just musing here. Would like to know where the atheism came from.

It was so good to see Reggie interacting with his children, and how much it seemed to mean to them. Also loved seeing the change that his wife brought to the niece in the other family. She was very tender and loving. All of these interactions just gave me a good, gooey feeling inside!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    Wow, I'm in shock. A reality tv program actually featured two sane families? In the same episode? Where did they find these people?!?

Given the Pastor's love of God it was nice to hear his comments at the end showing that some religious families who "live by" the Bible actually take heed of the love thy neighbour commandment.

And I loved the editing near the beginning where the athesist mom announced her religious preference and they cut to the baby crying. Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff View Post
    Wow, I'm in shock. A reality tv program actually featured two sane families? In the same episode? Where did they find these people?!?
    i was thinking the same thing ... i really had nothing of substance to say about this episode. i thought the pastor's wife should have backed off some, but overall, both couples seemed to deal with things okay and learn some things. i, too, liked what pastor jeff said at the end ... having a background in that life, i know that a lot of christians DON'T love their neighbors no matter how much they claim that they do.

At first I was surprised that Reggie and his family thought that atheists were so disliked. I find he had serious problems regarding that issue. There are plenty of atheists in Montreal and it is never an issue. But I realized that Reggie probably lives in a community that is very Christian and I'm sure many Christians are like the Weavers from TAR (do as I say, not as I do). I'm really happy to see a Christian family that behaves like one on TV. It seems to be that this "experiment" was beneficial to both families.

+ Reply to Thread