+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 75 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Mona wants FRISKIES TUNA....

Joey just finished his salmon & Trout -- bad bad boy hehehehe
    Attached Images Attached Images

Odd, odd people out there.

Both families struck me as odd. I know there are people out there who believe in eating a raw diet is healthy but the mom did not look healthy at all. The hunting family needed to get those boys under control and vegen mom was taking some great steps but it looks like the hunting mom felt all they needed was a candy bar, a good whack and a gun in their hands.

Yikes.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

They should do Husband swap. They probably would not dare because the men would kill each other from jealousy.

How sucky for Vegan Dad to be working 14hr shifts in a full blown grocery store....
    all that food, and he only gets to eat cold bird seed.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Why are vegans so weird?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Ok, one thing I learned from watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet (which I really can't watch anymore...I cry too much), is that forcing your cat(s) to be vegan is detrimental to their health in BIG ways too!

There was a woman who honestly, DID love her cats..she had about 12 of them. The SPCA officers were summoned to her apartment by neighbors who were concerned for the cats and how skinny they were.
    Come to find out, the woman is vegan and very poor, but she ALWAYS fed her cats... even if it meant she went without.
    She wants the "very best" for her cats so she feeds them ground soy, wheat, etc.. NOTHING containing meat. Exactly what she thinks is "healthy" and sufficient.

Every cat was emaciated and lethargic. Also, because of the lack of iron and other nutrients that cats are suppose to digest, they were all in some state of blindness, and a couple were totally blind already.

The officers realized that she did actually love her cats and honestly didn't want anything bad to happen to them. She was doing it out of "love".. so they didn't charge her with anything, they basically educated her of the pros and cons of a cat's diet intake and most importantly, that she was causing all of this pain to her cats.

She ended up giving all of them up, except for 2. Or 3, I dunno.. something like that. But the ones they took to the SPCA, I believe all of them had to be euthanized. TOTALLY heart-wrenching episode which made me totally infuriated at the woman for forcing HER all vegan ways on these helpless, carnivorous cats.

So, naturally.. I was totally disgusted in this woman last night!!! It goes against the "nature of things" to force your cat to eat all veggies, or whatever the hell she was giving it. It's like, having a gold fish and only feeding it chunks of steak.

She was out there.. and the hunting dad was right, she's her own problem, SHE'S not happy.

The hunting mom.. I guess she was alright. But, ya know.. if there are people out there who DON'T like, or want or believe in eating meat.. so be it. Whatcha going to do??? Who cares, that's what they do, so that's what they do. She was being somewhat hypocritical.. would she want the vegan mom to instill only eating raw veggies and NO meat?
    I have no idea why she cried about it. I mean, comeon.. get a grip. They don't want meat.

Also, hunting dad said at one point, "What PETA stands for is wrong". Well, "we" don't have to agree with how the organization goes about educating the public, or how they bring a lot of controversy with (sometimes) silly complaints (ie; drinking milk is evil to the cow).
    BUT, PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Dedicated to establishing and protecting the rights of all animals...in which I think is a great, GREAT thing! Animals need protection too..it's as simple as that. I think people get all anti-PETA because there are members of the group that have skewed the organization's goals.. I mean, comeon, we're all going to stop drinking milk?? The means of obtaining the milk should be looked at, but to stop drinking milk altogether is a really silly demand.

Also, those videos that are always shown by PETA members ARE awful to watch (vegan mom showed one). Hard for any hard-core animal eater to watch and condone. Ya just can't. Every time they have a vegan mom on, she seems to always have one of the torture videos handy.

This wasn't one of my favorite episodes.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I'm getting a little hungry. I tried to go outside for a snack but the sun has already gone down. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I liked it when the Kentucky dad told Vegan mom there's a lot of sun where starving people are...funny because I was thinking the same thing.

I know a couple raw foodists and they love it, although they do tend to defend their dramatic thinness sometimes. Some foods need to be heated in order to be digested easily/properly like broccoli for instance. I figured Vegan mom was sun-snacking because she was probably bored with her diet.

I can't say I'm a fan of hunting, eww, I think if it was up to me to hunt for meat then I'd most likely be a vegetarian. Luckily I'm no where near that lifestyle (I love being a city-girl) and grocery food stores are my friend
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    As a serious carnivore I was really disturbed to soo the birdseed family. I ate a complete second plate of food cause I felt so bad for the dad. I had dinner for him ( ? It sounds good, right? ). I think the vegan mom ( like hunter dad said ) is looking to use minimalizm (sp? ) to cure her own unhappiness. It didn't seem to matter to her that the rest of the family may not want the same thing. Like when he told her they got a stove. What's so wrong about having a stove? Some things are better when cooked. Just because there is a stove in your house it doesn't mean you have to start fixing venison raost every night! I think the sun fried her brain.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    The hunting mom.. I guess she was alright. But, ya know.. if there are people out there who DON'T like, or want or believe in eating meat.. so be it. Whatcha going to do??? Who cares, that's what they do, so that's what they do. She was being somewhat hypocritical.. would she want the vegan mom to instill only eating raw veggies and NO meat?
    I agree. Not only that, but if you haven't eaten meat in 4 years (i think that's what was said), then your body won't accept it and you can get really sick. She shouldn't force the girl to eat meat, but she could educate her on how not everyone wastes meat. To kill and eat your own meat is actually great. You only kill what you can eat. It's not mass killing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDooGal
    Why are vegans so weird?
    Because they are bird brains. If you are only eating what a bird will eat then your mind will only develope to that extent, imo
    I seriously think it is very dangerous to have your children grown up strictly on a vegan diet, it will harm their development.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

+ Reply to Thread