+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

Quote Originally Posted by Monkadelic
    Forgive me for being cynical... but something bothered me about Sienna and Ash, with their "home-schooled" son. If they truly believe what they believe, breaking away from society because of its ills... why are they living in the suburbs? If you want to rag on traditional capitalist society and you move away from it all, I applaud you. Dwell in the wilderness through a self-supporting life, living off the land by the sweat of your brow. There is something to be said for making a difficult decision like that, and there is no doubt another level of education in it as well.
    Yeah, but it's really hard to go dumpster-diving in the wilderness.
    All kidding aside, I agree with your entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I just hate it when someone acts superior to us "modern day" folk just because THEY choose to save their pee in the toilet. Thanks, but I'm going to flush every time & I don't need to be taught a "better way of life".
    Why is it that the "free-thinkers" of the world are also the most narrow-minded? If they want to be jobless dumpster-divers, that's their choice, and it's fine with me. But if I choose to be a productive member of society with a 9-to-5 job, that's not fine with them.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Ash is 24! He looks like he is 16 and acts like it too.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Why is it that the "free-thinkers" of the world are also the most narrow-minded? If they want to be jobless dumpster-divers, that's their choice, and it's fine with me. But if I choose to be a productive member of society with a 9-to-5 job, that's not fine with them.
    I dunno why. Same with religious fanatics. Ok, great..pray all you want, but don't belittle my view points on religion and I won't belittle yours. It's just that easy.

I can understand the viewpoints of some people who want to conserve energy, live off the land, eat home grown veggies, etc.. I totally applaud people who do it. But, don't speak of my lifestyle like I'm some leech of the land and causing world destruction. If we all decided to live in the woods and do as they speak, our civilization would be going backward, and I don't think it would be a good thing.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

hmmm

there are many ways people can be "productive" members of society.....

Tonight's episode

Monday, November 14, 8/7c
    "Hodge/Kolpin"
    A backwoods, hunting mom whose motto is "Kill it and grill it" swaps places with an animal activist mother who eats only raw food and has a vegan pet cat.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    a vegan pet cat
    I love that. Let's force a domesticated predator to go against it's remaining natural insticts and eat vegatables only, not to mention not meet it's dietary needs.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Where do they find these freaks? Sun-gazing to end hunger?

I know...people are idiots!
    Cats are not human. Cats, being total carnivores, have special nutritional needs in certain respects when compared to humans.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

I'm getting a little hungry. I tried to go outside for a snack but the sun has already gone down. Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

I was busy reading the post by Sienna (presuming it was really her) and just "came to" for this episode. It's cat abuse to make it be vegan! That cat will DIE. Dammit, they shouldn't be allowed to have a cat or dog. If you want a vegan, get a damned guinea pig! Do you think I feel passionately about it? Yes, I do!

+ Reply to Thread