+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 75 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife Swap

I predict that Ed will claim he has "learned" to help Susan more. And I will call him a liar. Meh, why do I watch this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    I agree, Unk, he looks younger than my 16 year old son! OMG!
    I noticed that too! Gosh their hair is driving me crazy! I wish they would just shampoo it or something? I can't wait to see the kid without purple hair.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    re: the rhode island family ... i see our high insurance rates are going to a good cause ... NOT!

Oh Ed, you are probably still being a jerk to your wife.

Okay, anything that Ed has done, I think it's because it appeals to his sense of drama, to being a show-off. Won't truly change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt
    I was checking to see if it was a repeat. Just you and me, again, Uncle Scott?

Why does purple-hair kid talk so weird? He doesn't sound like either of his parents. Though I suspect "dad" is not his biological father.

Oh for Pete's sake! She's never seen a toilet non-flushed after use? Not great, but such drama!
    Why do I have a feeling that "dad" is his older brother?
    When the boy was asked if he likes wearing a skirt, he said yes because he likes the air around his privates? Well if you'd wash them once in awhile with CLEAN water.......

If it's yellow let it mellow??? yuccck!
    Last edited by just1paul; 11-07-2005 at 09:51 PM.

I tuned in late and was confused for a while; I thought the hippie mom was a single parent, and the rich mom swapped to be a single parent for a week. Ash looked like he was not much older than his son!

Ed was disgusting. He doesn't set the table? He needs a swift kick in the a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by princesschloe
    I tuned in late and was confused for a while; I thought the hippie mom was a single parent, and the rich mom swapped to be a single parent for a week. Ash looked like he was not much older than his son!

Ed was disgusting. He doesn't set the table? He needs a swift kick in the a$$.
    And since he's sporting a skirt lately, it's much easier access!
    Go Tigers!

On the "if it's yellow, let it mellow" thing . . . this is more common than you realize. People who have funky plumbing, usually an OLD septic system (rather than city sewer), use this method to baby the old system along. They're expensive to replace, not to mention there might not be room for a new drainfield, which means a mound system, which is even more expensive. We did it when I was a kid, not really a big deal, not really that gross when it's your family.

Hey, here's an idea for a pairing: High-maintenance childless woman swaps with woman with seven kids . . .

Hmmm...

Forgive me for being cynical... but something bothered me about Sienna and Ash, with their "home-schooled" son. If they truly believe what they believe, breaking away from society because of its ills... why are they living in the suburbs? If you want to rag on traditional capitalist society and you move away from it all, I applaud you. Dwell in the wilderness through a self-supporting life, living off the land by the sweat of your brow. There is something to be said for making a difficult decision like that, and there is no doubt another level of education in it as well.

But not these people... instead of living free from society, they're living free off of it. They would rather condemn our ways while those ways keep them fed. Especially the whole "begging for scraps" thing. True, there is a lot of unnecessary waste in society, and they played it up like they're being noble by doing this. But it's basically looking for free hand-outs from the very society they criticize. If Ash lived by his ideals, he would be plowing a field of organic crops, just enough to keep his family fed (or in a commune, enough to help support the community I assume). And he would soon find that the hoola hoop and the skirt aren't much use in that role. Get a job, dude! Whether that's a city job or in the country job feeding your family, just get a job.

Oh, and about the home-schooled son... home-schooling isn't free, it does cost money to buy educational materials, take mandatory tests, etc. I wonder if they're really home-schooling him, or just not sending him to school to avoid big bad "society", at the cost of socializing their son with other kids. You can argue about the choice to get him a PlayStation, but you gotta believe allowing the kid to attend a drama class (perfect fit) was an excellent move to allow him to interact with other kids. It will certainly help the kid perfect the fake British accent he's got started.
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

+ Reply to Thread