+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Three Wishes with Amy Grant

FORT Fogey
    I don't like this show. There's nothing, it seems, to keep my interest the whole show.

I love the show. I like watching good things happen to people. The family with the sick dad really had me in tears. Especially when she sang "Stay For Awhile". It broke my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    The family with the sick dad really had me in tears. Especially when she sang "Stay For Awhile". It broke my heart.
    That was one of the sweetest moments so far in the series for me.

Last night also confirmed my total crush on Eric For the longest time I'd been watching Clean Sweep just to see him and his creations in carpentry, but to see such a personal side last night left me all googly in crush-ville.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Watching the 2 hour episode right now. The girl with the wish to be a singer stinks. She doesn't sound good at all.
    I agree...that girl was awful. She probably tried out for American Idol and Nashville Star and got booted.

The family who got relocated from New Orleans really bothered me. The mother was the only one in the family that showed any emotion. The rest of the family didn't seem very grateful.

I am liking this show. I do, however, think it's tres sappy at times. I guess NBC had to get into the heart strings and making them sing to everybody!

I don't know if it's the stress of our lives at this point, but my wife and I watched this show and we got very emotional about it, and we're not sure we can stomach such touching stories.

I could so identify with the man dying of a brain tumour, not that I am, but am too am an Electronics Technician from the Military and I was medically pensionned off and have to take care of my 3 boys...Made me realize that something happening to me would be so hard on them...yikes....

And Eric, whom I've always seen as a man's man...to bawl his eyes out like that...just punched me in the chest!!!

What a show...

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera

And Eric, whom I've always seen as a man's man...to bawl his eyes out like that...just punched me in the chest!!!

What a show...
    My boyfriend - a 32 year old man - was reduced to tears while watching the dad with the tumor taping the goodbye messages to his children. He has Type 2 Diabetes and is afraid that one day he will be making a similar tape.

FORT Fan

Three Wishes

I have not been able to find a forum for this show here. If you have not seen it you need to catch it. Unlike competition shows, this show tells the story of how they fulfill 3 separate wishes of people in a small town. The wishes can be big (like a new dairy farm to replace a burned out building) to having a reunion for a dying man to having physical therapists work with an high school accident victim so she can walk to get her diploma. Smaller wishes - as simple as a new lawn mower to singing the National Anthem at a NASCAR race are also granted.

There is no competition and all the wishes are granted by the host Amy Grant. Better edited than Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (with no Ty Pennington worrying about whether they will finish in time), this show is a show that focuses on the goodness of humans.

PS - Kleenex is required.
    Debbie: "Bianca, why would those rugby players have to eat each other when they crashed on a beach?"

FORT Fan
    A mod put my above post in the correct location. Thanks.
    Debbie: "Bianca, why would those rugby players have to eat each other when they crashed on a beach?"

Okay, I've been crying since about 10 minutes into the show. I'm a wuss.

Wish #1: A young man that has stuttered since he was young wishes for a special machine that would help him speak. He wants to run for Class President at Texas College.

Wish #2: A woman that works at a local elderly care facility that grants wishes for the elderly asks for help granting wishes.

Wish #3: A 33 year old woman found out when her parents died 3 years ago that she was adopted. She wants help finding her birth mom.

Each and every story was very touching. I absolutely loved the grandparents that wished for everything from: the 70 something woman that wanted to be a flight attendant for a day (granted by Southwest Airlines), the 74 year old woman that wanted to ride in a racecar (hilarious woman... rode with Tony Stewart in a Chevy Impala pace car around California Speedway), the 70 something man that wanted to play jazz again (he was great!), and the 80 something woman that wanted to be a weatherperson for a day (absolutely adorable!) So wonderful... they were so excited!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast