+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EM Sued Over Woman's Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I haven't heard this story, but I would like to know how they figure the family supposedly driving them out of that house is ABC's fault.
    Marleybone, you can read more about this suit by clicking here.

I don't see how a tv appearance or lack of, no matter what the sister said on camera, could cause a depression that severe. I think they are looking for the show to settle with them. This suit has no merit, unless there is something not being reported here.

It would make sense MAYBE IF the show had AIRED and the nasty things the sister supposedly said about the surgery victim (I hate these types of shows) would have AIRED, and everyone heard her say it on national tv, and the sister felt bad about it, but how would an unaired show, matter, as to what she had said or hadn't said?? Who was gonna hear it?

But even IF it had aired nationally... or at all... I can't see how that could cause a depression that severe. If she had bipolar disorder, though that can have suicidal lows in itself. Who are they trying to pull on over on. This is tragic but not the fault of a tv show.

I have a sister and no one could 'trick' me into saying bad things about her. These sisters obvioulsy had issues with eachother befor EM. I love when Judge Judy says "not every situation warrents a law suit". This is a perfect example.
    Mary Jane

Did the sister even know what was said about her? If not how could that have affected her to the point she'd commit suicide? I don't understand the basis of the lawsuit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12