+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who Will Be Named the First Ever EMMY IDOL?

Who Will Be Named the First Ever EMMY IDOL?

Viewers Will Get to Vote for Their Favorite "IDOL" During this Year’s EMMY Awards

by SnowflakeGirl

FansofRealityTV.com – Wow, what do you know, someone else is actually copying FOX for a change. For THE 57TH ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS, CBS has announced that it will be spicing up its award show with an “American Idol-esque” singing competition they’re calling “EMMY IDOL.”

The telecast will begin with a big musical number featuring The Black Eyed Peas and Earth, Wind and Fire, followed by a musical tribute to television theme songs performed by TV personalities competing to be named EMMY IDOL.

Viewers will be allowed to vote for their favorites during the broadcast via the web (www.CBS.com) or text message.

EMMY IDOL performers will include:

Kristen Bell ("Veronica Mars") doing "Fame"; Gary Dourdan ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation") and Grammy Award-winning R&B artist Macy Gray teaming up to do "Movin' On Up" from "The Jeffersons"; Emmy Award winner and current nominee Megan Mullally ("Will & Grace") with real estate mogul and current Emmy nominee Donald Trump ("The Apprentice") performing "Green Acres"; and finally, Emmy Award winner and current nominee William Shatner ("Boston Legal") and famed opera star Frederica von Stade doing the theme to "Star Trek."

CBS will broadcast THE 57TH ANNUAL PRIMETIME EMMY AWARDS live from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on Sunday, Sept. 18 (8:00-11:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT). The winner will be announced toward the end of the broadcast.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Oh heavens, this sounds potentially very, very embarassing

Gary Dourdan has a pretty good voice.
    He sang with DMX at the Canadian Live 8 concert.
    Not sure about the song choice though

FORT Fogey
    William Shatner will be singing the theme from Star Trek??? The one that begins, "Space. . . . The final frontier. . . . "?? This ought to be a hoot!!

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    Well, being on the West Coast...these kinds of contests mean nothing for me. It will be taped, and so I couldn't vote based on what I thought was the best preformance anyway. I wish they would show the show live here.

It's a cute idea though.

I was upset- Kristen Bell should have won!

+ Reply to Thread