+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Buy Me

Buy Me

A new show that just premiered on HGTV. All about selling one's house very much like Designed to Sell, also on HGTV or Sell This House on A&E.

Again the home owner, in this case a bachelor entrepernuer thinks his house is worth more than the realtor does, does not want to fix it up to showcase it, and thinks all the houses he is looking for are way overpriced, even if they are at least twice as big as his current residence and have all the upgrades and finishes everyone wants, pool, hot tub, granite counter tops in the kitchen, hardwood floors, an all slate huge bathroom etc...

I had real issues with the cracks in his foundation wall (there were at least 2) and all he did was basically caulk it. If you have such big cracks shouldn't a structural engineer look at it or a least a house inspector. I hope he disclosed it cause at least here in the states if there is a preexisting condition that can cause damage to the house and damage the new owners property the previous owner is liable.

There was another episode of Buy Me last night. Looks as if it is being filmed up in Canada, they do not seem to be having the same hot real estate market that we are down here on the East Coast. I guess I get a tad annoyed at some of these home buyers that want a lot fo money for their properties and they are not that well maintanied.

I don't like the show; in produces anxiety in me rather than interest. I think I'll stick with Designed to Sell!

I enjoy this show a lot! It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has such complicated transactions during the sales of homes

RVD
    FORT Newbie
    looks like the show is in canada (montreal or somewhere like that). the one with the couple selling their house despite their bad agent Perry was kind of funny...

RVD.

I caught a new ep last night. The homeowner bought a townhouse 6 yrs ago for $161,000 and after renovating it and finding a fiance wants to sell it for $268,000. A $100,000 profit. I did think he was a tad arrogant in thinking he renovations were worth that much?? What did he really do, new hardwood floors.That was not clear. New carpeting on the stairs. Painted all the rooms. New tile in the bathrooms. Not that impressed with the upgrades in the bathrooms. He finished the basement into a nice rec room. He did put new counters in the kitchen, but the little island sucked. It was a countertop on a base cabinent that had wheels on it. Big deal. It amazes me how much some people want for not doing that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    I caught a new ep last night. The homeowner bought a townhouse 6 yrs ago for $161,000 and after renovating it and finding a fiance wants to sell it for $268,000. A $100,000 profit. I did think he was a tad arrogant in thinking he renovations were worth that much?? What did he really do, new hardwood floors.That was not clear. New carpeting on the stairs. Painted all the rooms. New tile in the bathrooms. Not that impressed with the upgrades in the bathrooms. He finished the basement into a nice rec room. He did put new counters in the kitchen, but the little island sucked. It was a countertop on a base cabinent that had wheels on it. Big deal. It amazes me how much some people want for not doing that much.
    I saw this episode also...and that was certainly a poor excuse for a kitchen island!

FORT Fan
    That was an "island"? When they showed it the first time, I thought they just hadn't gotten around to installing it on the wall. And then the second time they showed it, it was way over next to the fridge.

I love this show - my favourite of all the "sell-your-house" shows. It may be a little anxiety provoking, but I'm actually learning the most from it with respect to what I should be doing to upkeep my house so selling in the future won't be such a trauma.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread