+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Star Search Winners

Star Search Winners

Junior Singer

In a close competition, 10-year-old Tiffany Evans won tonight's Junior Singer Final and takes home $100,000. Tiffany performed first, singing, "And I'm Telling You," and got a perfect 20 stars from the judges. "In my years as a singer, I have never seen anybody with as much natural and powerful talent as you," raved Naomi Judd, "You were born to be a star." Ben Stein called Tiffany an "extraordinary; a force of nature" and Carol Leifer told her, "Unbelievable! You're such a star." An overwhelmed Jessica Simpson summed up Tiffany's performance with this tearful comment: "That was the best thing I've ever seen!"

Lisa Tucker was second to perform, singing "I Have Nothing." "You are just spectacular. Great future ahead," Naomi Judd told Lisa, giving her 4 stars. Ben Stein also gave Lisa 4 stars, calling her "exquisitely talented and very, very fetching, but up against overwhelming competition." "You're a phenomenal talent," agreed Carol Leifer, also scoring 4 stars for Lisa. "Whitney Houston better move over. You're next, Baby!" Jessica Simpson remarked, giving Lisa 4 stars.

When the judges were finished scoring, Tiffany was in the lead with a perfect 20 stars, and the home audience kept her in front. With 38 stars, little Tiffany Evans walked offstage winner of the Junior Singer category and $100,000 richer.

Model

Porschla Coleman won tonight's Model Final competition and walked off the runway with $100,000 plus a contract with international modeling agency Wilhelmina Models. Pronouncing her "gorgeous, slender, magnificent," Ben Stein gave Porschla 4 stars. Carol Leifer gave her 5 stars, quipping, "Tonight you're gonna be driving home in a 'Porschla.' You're a knockout!" Jessica Simpson also gave Porschla 5 stars, calling her "stunning, gorgeous." Naomi Judd gave Porschla 4 stars and called her "beautiful in spirit, mind and body."

Candace Campfield was the second Model Semi-Finalist, and received 5 stars from Ben Stein for her "spectacular combination of wholesome--that girl-next-door sweetness--and magnificent sexiness." Calling Candace "an absolute knockout, gorgeous," Carol Leifer gave her 4 stars. Remarking that "Texas girls got it goin' on," Jessica Simpson gave Candace 4 stars. Naomi Judd also gave Candace 4 stars, adding, "You're proof that you can make it without implants in the show business world."

The judges favored Porschla by one point, and the home audience upheld the decision and widened the gap. With 35 stars, Porschla Coleman won the Model Final, along with $100,000 and a contract with Wilhelmina Models.

Comedian

In the closest competition of the evening, Chicago Comedian John Roy won tonight's Final battle for $100,000, a CBS development deal and a guest-starring role on a CBS program.

First up in the Comedian category was Loni Love, whose energetic routine focused on airline travel and the Middle East. Pressed for time, the judges scored Loni without comment. Despite their silence, the judges let their appreciation for Loni be known in their scores. Loni received 4 stars from Carol Leifer and Ben Stein and 5 stars from Jessica Simpson and Naomi Judd.

John Roy performed second, telling jokes about rap music and ethnicity. Carol Leifer, calling him "fresh, clever," gave John 5 stars, as did Jessica Simpson. Ben Stein gave him a "very good" and 4 stars, and Naomi Judd matched his score.

The judges tied Loni and John 18-18, and it was up to the home audience to break the tie. When home scoring was tallied, a mere one star made all the difference: John Roy won with 33 stars, and receives $100,000, a CBS development deal and a guest spot on a CBS show.

Adult Singer

In the Adult Singer Final, Jake Simpson won the category, along with the prize of $100,000 plus a recording contract with Sony music.

Starting off the category tonight was Spencer Day, who sang the haunting ballad "What a Wonderful World" while accompanying himself on the piano. "I think you were seducing me, so I'm going to give you 4 stars," Jessica Simpson told him. "I appreciate your moodiness," added Naomi Judd, also giving Spencer 4 stars. "Bit of a reach, but 4 stars," Ben Stein commented, and Carol Leifer added her 4 stars, telling Spencer that he has a "big, big future ahead."

Jake Simpson performed second, singing Stevie Wonder's hit "Signed, Sealed, Delivered." When he had finished, Jake received a perfect 20 stars from the enthusiastic judges. "That is passion, and that is inspiring. I am a huge fan," Jessica Simpson commented. "You make my molecules vibrate at a high frequency. You're a sonic blast!" added Naomi Judd. Ben Stein remarked, "When he's supposed to be there, he's ALL there!" Carol Leifer summed up Jake's performance thusly: "If I could have given you 6, I would have, but there's only 5 stars!"

When the judges had spoken, Jake was out in front with a perfect 20, and the home audience kept him there. With 37 stars, Jake Simpson won the Adult Singer Final and receives $100,000 plus a recording contract with Sony music.

I notice that all of the winners get contracts of some sort except the Junior Singer. That's kind of unfair, I think.

FORT Fanatic
    Tiffany is so good she might even pass as better than some American Idol semi-finalists...she blows me away.

FORT Fanatic
    Did you write that John? I thought I was the only one who watched this!
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

Nope, that's part of the official Fox press release.

VOTE FOR LAKIYA JACKSON ON STAR SEARCH TOMORROW MARCH 7TH AT 8:00 CHANNEL TWO SHE IS THE FIRST RAPPER TO APPEAR ON STAR SEARCH PLEASE VOTE

+ Reply to Thread