+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Flip this House - on A&E

Yet another property flipping show, well not exactly. Instead of showing amateurs trying to make a quick buck in real estate, this show follows a "professional" property development company in South Carolina. You get to know the team as week to week they work on different properties. My favorite part was in the first episode when the police stopped them for working without construction permits. Remember, these are professionals. But don't worry, a call to the right people in town hall and...well, they still get fined, work gets stopped and they have to beg for the permits.

I'm liking it. In the second episode they take on a waterfront house with a million dollar view, and a $1.2 price tag. The summer selling season is just 2 weeks away, so the crew has a 10 day deadline. No problem for our crew, we'll just work late hours and on weekends. Oh, yeah, they get visited again by the police, seems the waterfront house has strict zoning rules - Construction is only allowed between 7am and 6pm, no weekends. Well they manage to get it done. It's all good and the real estate broker on the team values the house at 1.7 to 1.9 million, but they didn't have a buyer by the time the show aired. Let me just say, I would never pay a million dollars for a house with formica counters.

Oh Yeah, don't confuse this show with Flip That House on Discovery Home (That show is a clone of Property Ladder, I mean an identical twin).
    Last edited by Chorita KaBoom; 08-10-2005 at 03:46 AM.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

The waterfront property was the third episode. What amazed me is that they paid 1,000,000 for that property and it was a dump. I don't think they are going to flip it that quickly. I like this show because of the huge team of players. I like Dawn, I want to be Dawn, I want my co-workers afraid of me. I do agree with you for over a million bucks I want granite countertops in my kitchen and a cook and a maid.

I don't see how they can get work permits, although when I had my deck built the contracter went and got it that day and had it posted. What I don't get it how they can possibly have the inspectors check the plumbing and electrical and framing when they are building a total house in 10 days. I mean don't you have to work around the inspector's schedule??? What about code violations???

Another thing I like about this show is how they bring back the owners and show them what they did. What really got me is how in the second episode the mom died and they just locked up the house. I would have cleaned out all the food and at least cleaned up the place. The kitchen and family room and the attic was a mess. I mean spend it was 3 or 4 yrs and the siblings could not agree what to do. I would have been in there cleaning out all the old newspapers and junk and getting the family papers. A weekend in the spring and fall over a 3 yr period can do wonders. It was fun watching Kevin and Richard get drunk waiting for the thieves to show up.Then they had that huge fight the next episode over the waterfront property.

It is very interesting to watch this show and them watch Property ladder. Watching Property ladder, epsecially they blonde idiot from LA is like watching the 3 Stooges.

When does this one air? I remember seeing a promo for it, but then have forgotten all about it.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I LOVE THIS SHOW !!!

Is on A&E on Sundays......at 6PM (and I believe also 10am)

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Yea! There are others out there watching this show! Bearcata, I should have known you'd be watching. I missed the second episode because I forgot to set up a series recording for it on the DVR. Hopefully A&E will reshow it soon.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Chorita KaBoom
    Yea! There are others out there watching this show! Bearcata, I should have known you'd be watching. I missed the second episode because I forgot to set up a series recording for it on the DVR. Hopefully A&E will reshow it soon.
    The reason I saw it was I love Sell This House and it shows try after it.

I want Dawn to give lessons on "How to be Dawn" I will be the first one signing up.

FORT Newbie

Flip stands for film lies insult proffesionals

This show is a joke ! No reality except lies and deception. These houses have never sold as of 8/16/05 so beware flippers as this flipper seems to have accumulated a nest of floppers

Quote Originally Posted by tellthetruth
    This show is a joke ! No reality except lies and deception. These houses have never sold as of 8/16/05 so beware flippers as this flipper seems to have accumulated a nest of floppers
    OK we need more info than that....come on give....

Quote Originally Posted by tellthetruth
    I agree. You can't make a statement like that on here without proof and a link. I really don't care for this show too much. I agree that waterfront home was a dump. They did make it nice but I don't think they'll get their money's worth out of it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast