+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

10/16 - new episode

Ginger bought a property for 550,000 and they put in 430,000 to update it and hopefully sell it for 2.3 million giving 600,000 to the Greenville Symphony.

The house had good bones and it didn't look like it needed much. What I liked was how replacing the woodend ballastrades inside with wrought iron or adding better finishes really changes the place.

What was interesting to note that even if you leave a nice property alone for 5 yrs it is amazing what can happen as far a mold, and how toxic it can be as far as getting the entire crew sick.

The best part of this show were the rats. Finding them in the stove and then after Hired Killers came through having to rip all the dry wall off and getting rid of all the insulation and dead mice and rat bodies. The smell must have been incredible.

FORT Newbie

How Long Will It Take To Sell

These upper-end home with their long sales cycle do not seem to be Richard and team's forte....it's not like someone is going to be shelling out over 2 million after just attending a party for one night.

I wonder what their carrying costs are and how long it will take to actually sell? And, of course, at what price?

Yes, the rats were the best part, particularly seeing Ginger run out of the house. Oh, and the size of that monster rat...amazing! Did the mold report ever come in? I have to re-watch the episode but I don't think they ever had time to get the report back from the lab. Was it toxic? In any case I guess they got rid of it all.

On a separate note...what would you give for an update on the house they rented back to the down and out couple with the flea, beer and cat issues?

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by scrow9

On a separate note...what would you give for an update on the house they rented back to the down and out couple with the flea, beer and cat issues?

Steve
    Come on give if you know else I will sic John on you.

FORT Newbie
    Oh, no I don't know anything...I was just saying wouldn't it be nice to know!

The house was gorgeous when they were finished. The rats were disgusting. How many did they sound they found? One hundred and thirty something??

Did the whole thing with Ginger's dog seem fake? She's going to let her dog walk around the hotel parking lot...and Richard just happens to see him and take him??

At one point they had a count of over 130 rats. I am sure that after they finished with taking all the drywall and insulation down they found alot more, after all it is a 6,000 sq ft home.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    The best part of this show were the rats.
    No way... I enjoyed watching Ginger walk around in high heels in ridiculous places (as always, climbing a steep drive way, etc.) and the numerous (ridiculous) closeups of her low-cut shirt.

If you have 'em, flaunt 'em. And she does.

What's the odds that Ginger and Richard have slept together?

Missed seeing Dawn last night. I think Richard's definitely found a quality construction group to work with in the future.

Anyone know if the property ever sold?

FORT Newbie
    Hmmmm...not to start any rumors but it did seem like Richard is staying in a lot of hotels recently...there was even a head and shoulders shot of him in this latest show that made me think "is he staying in a hotel AGAIN?"

Now, I am not sure of the distances involved between his office, home and these work sites and it all could very well be just a business neccessity but on the other hand, is there trouble in Richard's family life?

If Ginger wants to keep wearing revealing outfits on the show, that's fine with me...she definitely "do-able" ha ha even if she's a bit of an air head! Dawn, on the other hand, is someone I can't stand.

FORT Newbie

TradeMark Is A Lot Larger

TradeMark Is A Lot Larger than I thought...I got the impression from the show that they were a rather small company...but check out their Web site at http://www.trademark-properties.com (Ginger can be found under the Investment Services section) and you will see that they have quite a few employees.

FORT Newbie
    New to this site, but love this show, in spite of some of the contrived silliness. But I like both Richard and Kevin. I grew up in Charleston and hearing the geechee accent makes me a little homesick!!
    I guess Richard was in a hotel since The Cliffs house is about a 3 (maybe 4) hour drive from Charleston--but that is by car. Not sure how long that would take in a helicopter!

+ Reply to Thread