+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by deanne1011
    How in the world is Ginger still employed with this company?!?!??!?! She constantly screws up! She gives hope for everybody to be employed! She must be losing them so much money and they keep her! She drives around in her new car with her little white dog and doesn't have a clue!! If it's not termites, it's going over budget, not securing the loan with the bank, etc.! Get rid of her and hire me! And I like Dawn!
    Yeah, but she's hot, so she stays. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't watch the show.

I like Dawn much better. She does her job at least 100% better and I think she's prettier, too. Looks shouldn't be the reason someone keeps a job(in an ideal world, anyway)
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by deanne1011
    How in the world is Ginger still employed with this company?!?!??!?! She constantly screws up! She gives hope for everybody to be employed! She must be losing them so much money and they keep her! She drives around in her new car with her little white dog and doesn't have a clue!! If it's not termites, it's going over budget, not securing the loan with the bank, etc.! Get rid of her and hire me! And I like Dawn!
    I agree, there are plenty of people that you just can't believe they are employed. And when someone wrote something about how she is an accident waiting to happen, I immediately thought of her impractical, ridiculous high heels. However, if she "screwed up" on this project, it is because she was set up.

I hated Dawn the 2 times I saw the show, if Dawn is the fat smirking undermining bossy dishonest evil b*tch who told all the guys to keep working without a permit even though that put them at risk of going to jail on one show, and then on the next she torpedoed Ginger's project and then kissed up to the boss speaking with forked tongue about how no blame should be assigned (since she knew perfectly well she was totally to blame!), and running away from Ginger when Ginger tried to confront her ("That ticks me off! I'm not going to listen to this! [runs away]). Ginger asserted herself absolutely correctly. Unfortunately for her, Dawn is a major @sshole.

Their contractor is a piece of work too. Prancing around like a child on the first show saying "Nah nah nah nah nah nah, you can't find me!" when refusing to answer Dawn's phone call while hunting, but then rolling over totally whipped and doing her bidding without question on the second show even though she did not have the authority to countermand Ginger's orders. The contractor guy went ahead with the undermining, claiming no one was in charge, when really the pair of them were just unwilling to accept that Ginger was in charge of that project.

And the owner of Trademark is just a slimy @sshole. He doesn't care about all of the immaturity in his workplace, or about working within the law or any other matter involving integrity, as long as he is making a lot of money.

Wow, Harvest, tell us how you really feel.

Harvest, so I take it you don't like the show?

Actually, I enjoy the concept, but I could do without the "characters".

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    Looks shouldn't be the reason someone keeps a job(in an ideal world, anyway)
    Yeah, I know, but welcome to 2005. Hehe. It depends on the job too.

I think the owner of Trademark seems like a nice guy. He gives his team plenty of rope, and even when they hang themselves he doesn't fire them. Plus he was more than kind to the renters he put up in a hotel and restored their car.
    If I have any quibble, it's the exploitive nature of house flipping. It irks me to see a 20-something driving around in a Mercedes while others are struggling to buy in a market jacked up, in part, by opportunistic flippers.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

FORT Newbie
    I would hardly call Flipping exploitive, entrepenourial, yes, but not exploitive.

BTW, yesterday, I would say having a car conviently at the end of the drive way when the dumpster got away had to be staged, notice that it did not have tags?

Quote Originally Posted by LBRE
    BTW, yesterday, I would say having a car conviently at the end of the drive way when the dumpster got away had to be staged, notice that it did not have tags?
    I was thinking the same thing. Are we supposed to believe that Richard's brother drove from California to South Carolina??

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    I was thinking the same thing. Are we supposed to believe that Richard's brother drove from California to South Carolina??
    And in that beater car?!

No way, Richard needed someone on the job quickly, so I am sure his brother flew in. I don't like knowing they staged that, but it was hilarious, nonetheless - I laughed out loud!

Emily

+ Reply to Thread