+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily
    Yes, I think it turned out darling and was sorry her friend couldn't afford it. I wish they'd have a quick follow-up to let us know how long it took to sell and what they got for it! If I were a single gal in Greenville, I would have loved it. But a one bedroom is a hard sell. Come to think of it, my mom would have a fit if I didn't have a place for her to sleep when she visited, so I would also have probably had to pass on it. The neighborhood was great, tho. Reminds me so much of the older parts of Raleigh (NC), where I grew up.

Emily
    I think her friend said it was high for a 1 bedroom and she was looking for a 2 bedroom. Still I think she was being a tad unrealistic. I know even 1 or 2 bedroom condo's can be expensive. This was a house. Did she think she was going to get a 2 bedroom house for less than 130,000 in that area? In what condition??

As far as mom visiting, she can have the bedroom; I will sleep on the couch. A starter home is what it is. When my parents visited me when I first moved out, they always stayed at a hotel, probably knowing they would get a better bed, bath, sleep and privacy then at my apartment.

FORT Newbie

Ginger should be fired!!

How in the world is Ginger still employed with this company?!?!??!?! She constantly screws up! She gives hope for everybody to be employed! She must be losing them so much money and they keep her! She drives around in her new car with her little white dog and doesn't have a clue!! If it's not termites, it's going over budget, not securing the loan with the bank, etc.! Get rid of her and hire me! And I like Dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Love this show! I was shocked to see how high home prices are in South Carolina, though. For some reason I thought the housing was cheaper in the South.
    My sister lives right outside Charleston in Mount Pleasant, and the homes out there are very expensive. Not all of South Carolina is this pricey, but because of the location and history of Charleston it tends to cost more to live there.

FORT Newbie
    As an Upstate Realtor and owner of a condo in downtown Greenville I cannot believe that that Park St home was not snatched up at $125,000. Condos for instance in Greenville are going for around $250 plus per sq foot and that home had some yard, like new etc. can walk to the wonderful downtown, Fall park. etc. Was great to see the views of the falls, the downtown etc on national TV. Greenville is a somewhat undiscovered jewel just coming into it's own. I sell a lot of foreclosures and have many buyers who flip homes and have done some myself. Before you offer get a termite inspection! Love the show and Ginger is an accident waiting to happen but she makes it interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by treeguy
    As an Upstate Realtor and owner of a condo in downtown Greenville I cannot believe that that Park St home was not snatched up at $125,000. Condos for instance in Greenville are going for around $250 plus per sq foot and that home had some yard, like new etc. can walk to the wonderful downtown, Fall park. etc. Was great to see the views of the falls, the downtown etc on national TV. Greenville is a somewhat undiscovered jewel just coming into it's own. I sell a lot of foreclosures and have many buyers who flip homes and have done some myself. Before you offer get a termite inspection! Love the show and Ginger is an accident waiting to happen but she makes it interesting!

Thank you treeguy for responding its nice to hear that the house was a decent price. My problem when I first started looked here in the Washington Metro area was that as a single professional I wanted a small house, not a condo. I was so tried of apartment living. The trouble is that all that is available is big family homes. If I was Ginger I would be pushing that home to the young professional who wants to get a foot in the real estate market with even an eye toward keeping the property as a rental. It is perfect for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    What do you mean made Charleston look like a joke???

Can the reason people aren't happy with the show is that they are jealous or aren't happy with the way they are protrayed. Just ask the folks over on the Town Haul thread about the editing a tv show does.
    I was repeating a comment made by one of their other neighbors, not MY opinion. I think they have accomplished something to be proud of, and I don't see Charleston, or any of SC portrayed in a negative light. I must add that the person who was complaining about it is not a Charlestonian, but a midwestern import who basically thinks that the people on the show come across as hicks. Anybody else feel that way? I was born here, so I am biased, but I think they are great.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    My sister lives right outside Charleston in Mount Pleasant, and the homes out there are very expensive. Not all of South Carolina is this pricey, but because of the location and history of Charleston it tends to cost more to live there.
    Your sister has made a very wise investment! My sister owns four homes (three are rentals) and the three they own in Mt. Pleasant have appreciated 50 TO 100K in ONE YEAR!
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy
    I was repeating a comment made by one of their other neighbors, not MY opinion. I think they have accomplished something to be proud of, and I don't see Charleston, or any of SC portrayed in a negative light. I must add that the person who was complaining about it is not a Charlestonian, but a midwestern import who basically thinks that the people on the show come across as hicks. Anybody else feel that way? I was born here, so I am biased, but I think they are great.
    No way do I think that the Trademark folks are coming across like hicks. I am seeing a team of people that Richard Davis put together over a period of time and see how they deal with the problems of flipping a house. Believe me these people do not look like fools. If I want to watch fools flipping houses I watch TLC's Property Ladder. 90% of the folks on that show are a bunch of idiots. Check out last Saturdays repeat about the ditzy blonde. That woman makes all Southern Californias look as if they took their brains out for the night and then forgot to put them back in the next morning.

Last night I watched the episode with the yellow waterfront house on Folly's Beach. Are we to assume that this house hasn't sold yet? That house was gorgeous when they were done. Too bad I don't have 2 million dollars or I would snatch that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    Last night I watched the episode with the yellow waterfront house on Folly's Beach. Are we to assume that this house hasn't sold yet? That house was gorgeous when they were done. Too bad I don't have 2 million dollars or I would snatch that one up.
    At the time the show had been edited the house has not been sold. Since it has been aired it might have been we don't know. Because there is a time lag between filming and production if the house had been sold we would have been told. They do this on Property Ladder, Sell This House, Designed to Sell, Trading Up and Flip This House. Its all in the timing. On Sell this House it is not unusual for Tanye to say at the end of the show with in a week, a month the couple got an offer.

+ Reply to Thread