+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Flip this House - on A&E

Can't wait for the new season to begin. And what, no more Atlanta team? I'm sure going to miss Angie and Harrison et al. They were my favourite team. I am excited about the new team from LA. This should be interesting.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2833058;
    Can't wait for the new season to begin. And what, no more Atlanta team? I'm sure going to miss Angie and Harrison et al. They were my favourite team. I am excited about the new team from LA. This should be interesting.
    Sorry to disappoint, but my TIVO says that the premiere show is Armando Montelongo. Why hasn't he been dropped yet? He is in legal trouble and yet he still gets air time? I don't get it...

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2833119;
    Sorry to disappoint, but my TIVO says that the premiere show is Armando Montelongo. Why hasn't he been dropped yet? He is in legal trouble and yet he still gets air time? I don't get it...
    I don't get it either. I'm sad it won't be the Atlanta team.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2833153;
    I don't get it either. I'm sad it won't be the Atlanta team.
    Maybe they are thinking the controversy surrounding him will generate numbers? I won't tune in to watch him,

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2833620;
    Maybe they are thinking the controversy surrounding him will generate numbers? I won't tune in to watch him,
    I'd like to be able to say I won't tune it either, but I know I'll end up watching it eventually.

I went to the A&E website and yeah, Montelogos are still on (yuck) as well as the New Hven boys (hott!) and the atlanta married couple.

Its funny you go to the message boards and almost everybody looooooves Assmando. what really bothers me about them is the wife and her lound, nasely voice! I want to rip my ears off my head. Needless to say, I dont watch the show often. I like the Trademark team!!!

Speaking of the Trademark Team - anyone know if their show "Real Estate Pros" will be back for another season?

FORT Fanatic

I don't know why but I'm watching the new episodes. Armando is as arrogant and unlikable as ever and it stuns me that A&E not only continues to follow this farce but continues to air it. And that I continue to torture myself by watching.

Anyway, he's visiting one of his rental properties, one he purchased just two years ago. First, he can't find the rental - he's supposed to be a serious business man yet can't find a property he OWNS?!? Tells you something right there about his abilities as a landlord. Second, during the inital tour of the house he points out problems that could not have occurred just from two years of misuse (a rotting bathroom, floor & roof??). Other stuff he points out would have been obvious had he ever taken an interest as a landlord, it didn't just pop up overnight. How can a tenant remodel a home without the landlord noticing?

Problems he pointed out (like finding a 'hidden' closet and 'hidden' water leak) should have been apparent when he first purchased the house. He's going through it like he's never seen it before which I'm assuming is correct - he likely purchased it as an investment property sight unseen and just sat back collecting rent without giving a care about the condition of the home. No wonder the renters didn't take care of it - why should they when the landlord himself doesn't take an interest?

And his wife. Seriously. After the language snafu Brent had (hiring workers that he can't communicate with?? How DUMB can he be?!? Either learn Spanish or stick to hiring people who speak English) she tells him she won't tell Armando about the kitchen error. Yeah, like he doesn't watch each program repeatedly to bathe in his own inflated ego.

I don't know if the New Haven team is a new team or if the episode I caught was an older one, but I must admit those are some hunky men! The sales/realtor that's part of their team is one lucky gal!

Ok - I watched Saturday's episode with Assmando and I almost shut it off at about midway through. He could not have been an uglier person than what he was showing on this house. He treats his employees horribly and I don't understand why Brent even works for him still. He seems to take bizarre pleasure in yelling at / humiliating Brent at every turn. And Brent just takes it. I don't know that he realizes how ignorant he appears on the show.

This house spelled disaster from the moment we were shown inside the front door - it was extremely apparent that Assmando had NEVER been to the property before. And when he can't find the house, he makes some asinine statement about owning something like 70% of the homes on that street. Riiiight... Egotistical much?

Oh yes - and I need some help with the math on this one... He purchased the property for 24,000 two years ago, and says that the comps show he can sell it for around 75,000. Okay - so far I get it. Here is where I get lost -- he says that if he has to spend 15,000 to 20,000 to fix the property, he will make NO PROFIT. He ends up spending 6,500 (I call bs on that) and now stands to profit over 50,000??? Huh???
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 03-24-2008 at 12:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread