+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

10/06/07 - New Haven Boys - Season 3 finale

Well, according to the TV Guide this is the season 3 finale. Thankfully, A&E decided to showcase the New Haven Boys and not Assmondo. I really do not need to puke in my mouth watching TV and that is the reaction I am starting to get watching the San Antonio episodes. The New Haven Boys, while still playing stupid jokes on each other, do tend to treat this as a business and have some professionalism about them. The pace of the episode was nice and laidback. Still when watching the episode the signage for Paul and Than's business looks so cheap I do wonder if it is a set. Anyway, the company has 2 3 family units located on Elm Street, which I get the impression is quite close to Yale. The properties were purchase in 2004 and 2005 and are on opposite sides of the side facing each other. They have been using the properties as rentals and tenants have vacated both properties leaving one unit empty in each property. They decide to renovate the apartments and the exteriors and then sell the entire house. Since there are 2 properties JD and Paul decide to make it a competition as to who can finish first. It's JD and Jeremy vs Paul and Than. JD & Jeremy get the Blue house and Paul and Than get the Yellow house.

Blue house Stats:
    built 1918
    purchased for $170,000 in 2005
    6 bedrooms
    3 baths
    3,552 sq ft
    3rd floor vacant - 2 bedroom 1 bath unit
    $18,000 renovations done when property purchased
    budget $21,000
    time: 21 days

Yellow house Stats:
    built 1917
    purchased for $187,500 in 2004
    8 bedrooms
    3 baths
    3,800 sq ft
    2nd floor vacant - 2 bedroom 1 bath (plan to convert front parlour to extra bedroom)
    $25,000 renovatons done when property purchased
    budget $30,000 (entire front porch rotten needs to be replaced)
    time: 21 days

The main gist of the episode is the competition and that JD and Jeremy have to suffer several pranks by Paul and Than who try to sabatage their progress by paying a neighbour to complain about the trucks blocking his driveway and shuting down work for half a day and later, having the contracter put the supplies on a truck, driving it to the business office, giving the keys to the truck to Than and Paul and Than hiding the truck somewhere in New Haven. Even with all that JD and Jeremy finish the build first.

There are quite a few eye candy moments with Jeremy taking his shirt off and putting in a toilet, and later all the boys going water skiing and seeing all of them with their shirts off.

Final Blue House Stats:

total investment: $210,500
    asking price: $314,000
    potential profit: $87,800

Final Yellow House Stats:

total investment: $244,075
    asking price: $324,960
    potential profit: $64,580

Again, it was smart of A&E to end this season with the New Haven Boys as the feel of the episode was uplifting compared to the utter disgust I usually feel after watching a San Antonio episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Flip this House - on A&E

I was glad to see them end the season with the New Haven gang, they are the best of the bunch. However, I must say that the frat boy hi-jinks are beginning to get old. They are not college age any longer - closer to 40, I believe, and it is just not as believable. I do enjoy the way they get the job done correctly, and seem to have a good business relationship with their contractors. Nice to not have to watch Assmando argue relentlessly over $$ for the camera.

I know that this show has been off for a long time, but thought some of you would like to know that Armondo was indicted in Austin Feb. 21. It's in the local papers this morning.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Very interesting:

Found another lawsuit: Flip This Lawsuit » Montelongo Foreclosure and Court Activity

This link also points to a lawsuit involving brother Dave. That link is at the top of the page.

OVerall nice to see Armondo sinking under his own BS. How sweet it is.

Update on the Montelongos: more lawsuits and more trouble. This is the link that appeared this afternoon on what is happening to them in Bexar county. Lots of people are rejoicing.
    MySA.com: Metro | State
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Not sure if I am allowed to show this link - but there are many more charges against the brothers to come...

Flip This Lawsuit Montelongo Foreclosure and Court Activity

I think A&E needs to find more respectable people for it's flipping shows. The producers on TLC's Flip That House seem to be a lot smarter as they are not depending on one or two main groups and post disclaimers on the front end of the show and also tells us the status of the houses. Some sell, some don't.

A new season of Flip This House starts March 15th, 2008 at 11pm.

Very telling that A&E is showing the episodes at 11pm on a Saturday night.

Did anyone else watch Flip This Restaurant? It debuted Saturday and was okay. Not sure it will make it as a series, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2832010;
    Did anyone else watch Flip This Restaurant? It debuted Saturday and was okay. Not sure it will make it as a series, though.
    It was Flip That Restaurent, by the Flip That House people so I left posts on the Property Ladder thread about it. Still It was interesting and annoying as the same time. I think that is properly was a one of. FTH also did a 1 hour special about a flipper who restored historical homes in Richmond, VA. This felt more like a 1 hour special. Still it was interesting to see all the permits needed. All the redo's and messes that come with building and dealing with designers, trades people, investors, city governments and the fire marshall.

+ Reply to Thread