+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

09/16/07 - Conneticut - 2 family unit

Yeap, after a couple of weeks of Assmondo its the Than and Paul show. They buy a 2 unit family house. It is a 2 bedroom 1 bath on the ground floor and a 2 floor, 5 bedroom 2 bath upstairs unit. Unfortunately it has been a rental property for a while and it looks as if the renters are giving the owner problems and he just wants to get rid of the property. He calls the company and sells the house for $155,000. This is house was built in 1900, so is 107 yrs old. It is 2,800 sf, 8 bedrooms and 3 baths. What I really liked about this episode is that they showed the floor plans. The front parlor, dining room, kitchen, bathroom, and 2 bedrooms are the same in both units. The third floor has an additional bathroom and 3 bedrooms but they are laid out so you have to go through a bedroom to get to another. What a crappy layout. Hopefully they boys will reframe that. The budget is $55,000 and the timeline is 44 days.

Now I must admit there is an interesting chemistry with all the participants. All seem to be close friends yet all seem to be on the same page as far as this is a business. Although Than seems to be very ego driven and larger then life personality unlike Assmondo he can share the limelight. It was very scary seeing Than do seminars like Assmondo was. Can't A&E write some other plot??? What about the New Haven boys is that they are so much more professional than Assmondo and there are no temper tantrums. Especially with the illegal tenant, the guard dogs, illegal plumbing, the ceiling plaster falling down and the old fire in the basement.

Seriously, I have never been to a barbeque open house that seemed kinda staged but in the neighbours got a free meal, well good.

Final stats:
    bought: $155,000
    budget: $55,000
    overage: $4,980
    total: $214,980
    asking: $280,000
    minus $14,000 realtors commission and utilities and insurance
    potential profit: $51,000
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: Flip this House - on A&E

Every time I see Armondo he seems to be looking more and more like the Michelin tire man. If Armondo keeps treating his wife badly he may enter one of his flips to find his wife doing the deed with Brent.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2582829;
    Every time I see Armondo he seems to be looking more and more like the Michelin tire man. If Armondo keeps treating his wife badly he may enter one of his flips to find his wife doing the deed with Brent.
    That would be SOOOO funny!! And what was with her comment to Brent last night "he is not like that at home - at all" We saw his "at home" personality last night - ASSmondo - offered her a glass of wine, then proceeded to rail on her about the kitchen budget. I can see the point of not going all out, however, imo, it was a very shoddily done kitchen. Very half-ass, imo. I hated the paint job on those mis-matched cabinets, and the tile was very cheap looking. And what was with those funky light fixtures hanging from the ceiling??? The whole kitchen looked as though there was a great start to it, and then they ran out of money. I don't even know what to say about the donuts on the lawn... childish much?

9/22/07 - The Jungle House

Again A&E is not letting the TV Guide know that it has new episodes on at 9pm Saturday night. Either that or an editor bought a flip from Assmondo and refuses to let other people get sucked in.

Any way, another blatantly scripted show. Hey, it's bad when even I think it is scripted.

Again A&E is trying to make Assmondo look great by telling us a story about the home owner who needs to sell fast and for $65,000. Where is the Assmondo we know and love. He is the King Snake and if he smells any weakness he goes for the jugular and in 'real life' offered this guy only half that. But remember this is a scripted episode.

In this episode we are going to see poor Veronica, be pitted agains Assmondo. Veronica will have Brent as an ally and will also bring in Randy. Assmondo of course, has himself, his inflated ego and inflated body.

As we all know by now, Kitchens and baths sell houses. I have heard this on A&E, TLC and HGTV. This is repeated over and over again. It is a conspiracy or true?? According to Assmondo who needs it. Still the minute I heard Veronica wanting to move appliances I knew the budget would go up. She is moving the stove, dishwasher, sink and frig. Was that all really necessary? I would have loved to see several options not moving the plumbing. I think a good kitchen desinger could have done it. Still you could see that there was going to be a big blow up. In fact the writers have this entire episode where in each scene we see Assmondo getting more and more wound up until he explodes and detroys the front yard. For a man who professes all he wants to do is rehab houses and not spend too much money doing it, he just shot himself in the foot by having to spend a couple of thousand dollars replacing the sod. Does this even make sense? No it does not and as Judge Judy says if it does not make sense then it is not true.

This house was built in 1950, had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a 2 car attached garage and is 2,090 sq ft. It has been vacant for 5 yrs and the owner wants $65,000. The comps in the area are $161,000. The budget is $40,000 and 5 weeks. Now the 5 weeks through me as before they were always doing it in 3 weeks.

During the Open House Assmondo said the house was 1,500 sq ft. that was very telling there, as opposed to the figures we recieved earlier in the show.

The extra kitchen stuff increased the budget by $6,500 to a total investment of $111,500. The house is priced at $150,000 for a potential profit of $38,500.

Did anybody believe Armando's courtship story about calling back Veronica's plane as it was taxiing on the runway, then getting on the plane to profess his love? Riiggghtt.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2583177;
    Did anybody believe Armando's courtship story about calling back Veronica's plane as it was taxiing on the runway, then getting on the plane to profess his love? Riiggghtt.
    :nono THANK YOU!!! That was sooo obviously scripted and he is sooo full of $hit!!

I was thinking, yeah right they would have arrested his ass and thrown him in jail. Good riddance to bad rubish.

The funny part was Veronica's facial expression while he was telling this story - she was just kinda nodding and her eyes seemed to be wondering what he was going to say next... she obviously did not remember the story as he was telling it!

Not supposed to be any FTH on tonight 9/29/07 and the season 3 finale is supposed to be on next week according to the TV Guide.

Re: Flip this House -Season 3 finale on tonight

The season 3 finale is supposed to be on tonight. 10/06/07

+ Reply to Thread