+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

Re: Flip this House - on A&E

Armondo looks like Fat Elvis of late.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2529085;
    Armondo looks like Fat Elvis of late.
    His body is only trying to match his oversized ego.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2529328;
    His body is only trying to match his oversized ego.
    ...and doing so quite successfully, I might add.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2529560;
    ...and doing so quite successfully, I might add.
    If Armondo bloats up any bigger, he may be eligible as a big balloon in the Macys*s parade this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2530838;
    If Armondo bloats up any bigger, he may be eligible as a big balloon in the Macys*s parade this year.
    How about San Antonio's Good Year blimp?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2530838;
    Or maybe he can audition for the next season of the Biggest Loser. The title of that show is fitting in more ways than one for our friend Armondo.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

8/18/07 - Atlanta - South Howard St

Angie and Harris are back, this may be a repeat but I never saw it. This time Angie and Harris are dealing with a silent investor named Eddie Thomas who doesn't have time to oversee the project but will pay for it but wants Harris to use Eddie's choice of crew and Harris is not happy with that. The project is in an up and coming area of town known as Kirkwood the house was built in 1949, has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath and is 982 sf, priced under $145,000. After looking at the property and seeing the possibilities the crew notes that the porch addon is being considered the 3rd bedroom. After looking at the attic they decide to put a master suite up there. They purchase the house for $138,000 and have a budget of $70,000. That $25,000 for labor, $40,000 for materials, $5,000 for landscaping. 8 weeks for the timeline. Sounds good until I realize that they are taking the entire roof off and are rebuilding the ceiling into a second floor. It rains and the construction put a tarp over the work but did not pitch it and so when they removed it water just poured down and flooded the first floor. Later the floor supposedly buckled, still it looked as if the construction crew sweep all the water out immediately. The silent investor has 4 phone numbers and never returns their calls. At one point (wk 4) the construction crew has walked off the job cause the investor has not paid them. Angie and Harris drive to his office and barge in a meeting and get a check for $6,000. But the investor is bitching about the overlarge deck, it is twice as large as it should be and since Harris is supposely on site he should have caught that, and the investor is complaining about the stone pillars holding up the master suite extension over the front door that is also creating a porch. Later a Stop Order is put on the property cause the investor never got the proper permits. Again I find this a little fishy as the builder, the project manager should be doing that. The point of the silent investor was that he was too busy to oversee the project so why should he pull permits? Wasn't Harris suspicious when housing inspectors where not showing up checking on the framing, plumbing and electricity?? Angie and Harris still cannot reach the investor. Imagine their surprise whent they drive by the property (wk 6) and see a sign Sale By Owner. They call the bank, no mortgage payments have been made and the bank is foreclosing. I find this odd as usually you have to be 2 or 3 payments behind for this to happen. The bank wants $212,500 for the house. Again why is is not done and they improvements made are not worth that much. Angie and Harris go over the site and meet with Scott and Danielle and discuss that it would take $35,000 to finish the house and maybe they would make $1,000 to $6,000 profit so they decide that it is not worth it and walk away from the project.

I don't know, if you look at this show is a totally cynical way (and why would I be doing that???) it seems a set up. The team is doing a 8 week timeline. Ha, this is the first time I have ever seen them do that. It is also a way for the production company to not pay for the house do some work, get a show and walk away from the project without paying too much and leaving the house a complete mess, as if that is not so unusual for this production company?? show that the flipping business has its ups and downs and attempt to make Angie and Haarris appear sympathetic.

The owner of "Trademark Properties" has all the charm and charisma of a sleazy used car salesman (apologies to all used car salesmen out there). I would never purchase a house from him. He and his crew come across as the types of people who would hide more defects than they would fix. Plus I want to take Ginger's spike heels and shove them . . . . and that goes for her little dog too. Maybe one of those trademark properties will fall on her. What an obnoxious wench she is.

Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;2513861;
    It stinks, its not really a flipping show to me, its about a self centered plastic surgery having flipper, who is going broke, and likes to boss people around, kiss his animals in the mouth and seek the advice of a psychic

:

Thats it in a nutshell . And his Executive Assistant is an aspiring rapper
    I totally disagree. The show is about a "flipper" with OCD and how he handles his syndrome and his job at the same time. He drives everyone crazy, firing them and rehiring them, but turns out some of the classiest and best looking flips of any of the multitude of that type of reality show on TV. Give it a chance. As you get to know the employees, you'll like it more and more.

Looks like repeats this week.

+ Reply to Thread