+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 348

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

  1. #251
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    58

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2471101;
    I was watching Top Chef last night and there was a commercial on that Bravo is putting on a new show about Flipping houses that starts at the end of July. Interesting to see how Bravo would present a 'flipping' show vs A&E and TLC.
    It stinks, its not really a flipping show to me, its about a self centered plastic surgery having flipper, who is going broke, and likes to boss people around, kiss his animals in the mouth and seek the advice of a psychic

    :

    Thats it in a nutshell . And his Executive Assistant is an aspiring rapper

  2. #252
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by JayePeso;2513861;
    It stinks, its not really a flipping show to me, its about a self centered plastic surgery having flipper, who is going broke, and likes to boss people around, kiss his animals in the mouth and seek the advice of a psychic
    Lol! I have to agree...

    Big Bob D

  3. #253
    FORT Newbie Calzonequeen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Just watched the "Brady" episode. WOW is Armondo getting huge (not just his ego) or what?????

    Maybe I can dig up one of my sister's training bras and send it off to San Antonio.

  4. #254
    FORT Regular Meda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, Tx
    Age
    39
    Posts
    83

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    I heard from someone who knows someone that does some contract work for the Montalangos (Forgive for I know I spelled that wrong and I'm just being too lazy to look it up). Anyway I guess the M's don't want to pay the guy for his work, they are trying to get him to do more work for him saying he'll be shown on the show and that will get him more notice. The poor guy just wants to be paid! They are trying to get away without paying him...pretty piss poor if you ask me!

  5. #255
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Calzonequeen;2522035;
    Just watched the "Brady" episode. WOW is Armondo getting huge (not just his ego) or what?????

    Maybe I can dig up one of my sister's training bras and send it off to San Antonio.

    LOLOLOLOL That's what I've been saying. I don't remember Armondo being quite that portly when Montelongo episodes first started airing. He's sure been packin' on the poundage this past number of months.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  6. #256
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,237

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;2523620;
    LOLOLOLOL That's what I've been saying. I don't remember Armondo being quite that portly when Montelongo episodes first started airing. He's sure been packin' on the poundage this past number of months.
    Armondo was definitely slimmer season 1. Guess he is stress eating with his brother leaving the company and writing the book.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  7. #257
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,237

    8/11/07 - Brady Bunch House

    Is it possible? Armondo is getting more arrogant. Listening to him rant and rave about how smart he is getting irritating.

    Armondo gets a call from a realtor about a property up for sale that is near a mall. It is 1960's ranch house, 3,000 sq ft, 5 bedrooms and 3 baths. On sale for $116,000. The comparibles on other houses in good condition in the area are $250,000.Armondao does not want it to go on the market cause he is sure there will be a bidding war on it and offers the realtor $125,000. The house does have a big problem, a bad foundation.

    Budget: $45,000
    Labor: $18,000
    Materials: $26,000
    Landscape: $1,000
    Timeline: 21 days

    A&E or the editors on this series keep using the same footage of a orange mother cat and 2 kittens, I swear I have seen them in pratically every San Antonio episode.

    The foundation is very bad and needs to be leveled, it will cost $16,000. Later Keno tells Armondo that they need $4,000 more and Armondo explodes and gets Keno to put in a concrete sidewalk also for the price. So the total to fix the foundation is $20,000. Veronica get custom kitchen cabinents for $14,000 and stainless steel Boesch appliances for another $7,000. That is a total of $41,000. In addition leveling the foundation rolled the roof and Armondo had the back half of the roof replaces and that had to run around $2,000 (up to $5,000), leaving only $2,000 to redo the 3 bathrooms, paint and recarpet the rest of the house. Paint the outside of the house and add landscaping. The numbers are not adding up here. Armondo puts the house on sale for $235,000for a potential profit of $65,000.

    No way did Veronica get custom cabinents in less then 2 weeks. That just does not happen.

    The show highlighted the new project manager, Brent Holt, who used to work for Armondo, who says that Armondo is "Not the nicest guy to work for" and that the "budgets are way too small". Later in the show Armondo fires Brent but Brent refuses to leave until the job is done. All the time Armondo is yelling at him to leave, he is telling us that he repects Brent for standing up to him. Is that scripted or what. Yelling at someone is not a good style of management but it seems the only one that Armondo knows. What is a real kicker is watching Armondo go speak at the Leaning Annex and promote his book. I can't believe that many people like him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  8. #258
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    34

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    I was also shocked that he had fans! I really liked the earlier eps with his brother and sis-in-law and I also like Veronica....but Armando is over the top ridiculous. Why would anyone want to do business with him??? I wonder how he treats his poor wife and son when not on camera??? He's a freak and I would not want to buy any property he had *renovated*

  9. #259
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,237

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerale52;2525928;
    I was also shocked that he had fans! I really liked the earlier eps with his brother and sis-in-law and I also like Veronica....but Armando is over the top ridiculous. Why would anyone want to do business with him??? I wonder how he treats his poor wife and son when not on camera??? He's a freak and I would not want to buy any property he had *renovated*
    Especially when he makes comments like fix the roof so it passes inspection, or in a previous episode to just paint over roach poop instead of cleaning it up and then painting it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #260
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,876

    Re: Flip this House - on A&E

    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2526835;
    Especially when he makes comments like fix the roof so it passes inspection, or in a previous episode to just paint over roach poop instead of cleaning it up and then painting it.
    This is what burns me the most about Armondo - painting over stuff like crap instead of cleaning it up FIRST, then painting over a fresh, clean surface.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.