+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

Re: Flip this House - on A&E

I was watching Top Chef last night and there was a commercial on that Bravo is putting on a new show about Flipping houses that starts at the end of July. Interesting to see how Bravo would present a 'flipping' show vs A&E and TLC.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2471101;
    I was watching Top Chef last night and there was a commercial on that Bravo is putting on a new show about Flipping houses that starts at the end of July. Interesting to see how Bravo would present a 'flipping' show vs A&E and TLC.
    enough flipping shows already!

Seriously, though. I'd rather see a show on flop houses rather than flipping one.

"Fake" reality tv is becoming very irritating! I like how Chris the Actor said he wanted a wife and children. Anyone else find this highly suspicious (if you catch my drift??)

I've read on some other threads how actors are being thrown into the casting of "reality tv". I just don't understand this.

I like the updates Bearcata and this website is GREAT!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jguitar;2443010;
    Richard Davis of Trademark did a followup show tonight on his new show about Gus from season 1, Ginger had him evicted after having not paid any of his $900 a month rent. Richard wanted to continue giving him breaks but Ginger felt Gus would never come around (the guy owed more than $14,000) so she did up the paperwork for eviction and had him served. The house of course was a mess and had to be cleaned, fumigated, painted and landscaped.
    The numbers were: bought $136K, improvements $3750 and they sold it for $197K for what Richard called a $57,250 profit (but he does not factor in the cost of the initial upgrade or the $14,000 that he lost in rent).
    I am doing a followup to my own post because I just caught the last 15 mins of the original Gus episode and see Richard fudged the dollar amounts when he did a follow up on his new show, the original amounts were:
    Bought: $156K (big diff)
    Upgrades: $6K
    Total: $162K
    Selling price projected: $209K
    Profit: $47K

So right off the bat subtract $20K + $6K + $14K (lost rent) from his $57,250 figure and it becomes a $17,250 profit (maybe), it depends on how much Richard payed to customize the car (which I had about) and paid for motels for Gus and family.

July 21 Conneticut crew

I didn't realize that there was a new FTH on last night and caught the last 20 minutes. I have started watching the new season of Property Ladder and Flip That House on TLC and was really pissed off with the episode on PL. Please watch Robert and Sergio flip a house. It is Basic 101 on what not to do. I certainly want the home owners to sue Sergio for all the stuff he covered up. To contrast that show both Flip That House and Flip This House, show how a professional crew can go in and do a good job. Know the market, do your research, know the pricepoint of what a renovated house can sell at in a particular neigborhood. Have a realistic budget, put in a fudge factor, have a backup plan, be on site to supervise. How many times have I heard kitchens and baths sell. Do you notice the majority of flippers do not put on pricey additions but do try to open up the interiors so they flow better. Quality, quality, quality shows and sells. Don't get greedy.

Helen St house:

Bought: $155,000
    Budget: $36,750
    Utilies: $225
    Insurance and interest: $3,510
    Total: $195,488

Timeline: 5 weeks
    Realtor fees: $12,245
    Potential profit: $37,170

If nothing else you know what you are getting with this company. They have a standard package as far as tile, cabinents, counters. The entire place felt like it is clean and liveable and that the new owners won't go broke fixing up what the contractors screwed up.

Interesting to note that A&E really is breaking the fees up more so you have a more realistic feel as to what to expect.

FORT Newbie

I also just noticed that about the fees being split more. I don't remember them ever mentioning ins. fees and utilities before.

As far as the guys in Cal. on Property Ladder, we can only guess what happened when there was a home inspection ( hopefully the buyers had one done ), I bet the buyers got alot in credits.

Another repeat of an Armondo episode. UGH!!!!!

Looks like repeat city for a while.

FORT Regular

I started to post that the season was over because all the shows in the episode guide had been shown but I decided to check the A&E site again and found this:
    39 - The Montelongo Bunch
    Saturday, August 11 9:00pm ET
    Sunday, August 12 1:00am ET
    A hot tip leads Armando to a house that's seemingly stood unchanged since the 60's. The retro interior brings back memories of bell bottoms and peace signs, and it's up to Armando and his team to bring this house into the 21st century. Repairing a sunken foundation is job one, but when the roof begins to buckle it appears that the project could spin out of control. Will Armando be able to flip this very Brady house while keeping his Bunch together?
    I know Bearcata is very excited.

I should confess that I have not watched any of their shows this season but I can hardly wait to read Bearcata recaps.

Quote Originally Posted by jguitar;2507943;
    I started to post that the season was over because all the shows in the episode guide had been shown but I decided to check the A&E site again and found this:

I know Bearcata is very excited.

I should confess that I have not watched any of their shows this season but I can hardly wait to read Bearcata recaps.
    Thanks for the info, I'll be out of town that week and I am already planning my recording schedule so I will include that info.

Oh, one thing I did learn from watching Bravo's Flipping Out and seeing him handled what 4 properties at one time, I seriously doubt Armondo is flipping 50 houses a month in San Antonio. Especially, since it looks as if it was a 4 man operation with a no pay intern and now that he brother and sis-in-law have left its a 2 man operation. I just can't see them handling that many properties without having personal on site to see that the job is done right. There is simply no time in the day to oversee that many projects by one or two people.

+ Reply to Thread