+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

FORT Newbie

Trademark is for real

I used to work there..they have sold over 150 million dollars worth of real Estate already this year according to the Charleston MLS.....the guy is amazing and very generous to his community, he told me the show is supposed to be a laugh at yourself view of the stupid stuff that happens in the real workday at a real successful business. he used to start every sales meeting by saying " take what you do seriously, take your clients seriously but don't take yourself seriously". I left a few years ago and it was probably the stupidest thing I've ever done, that group was fun to hang around....don't take my word for it, call the Charleston MLS...sounds to me like TellTheTruth is either jealous or a fraud because the buyer of the first episode was on another thread complimenting the way Richard treated him and how much he loved the house.....hey, the dude has his own personalized helicopter and let's anyone use it who asks, he must be doing something right

GG

FORT Newbie

I agree

I agree Sandlapper! I think the show is awesome, and it is cool to see a show like this that has a little personality instead of people sitting around watching paint dry. It is nice to see a group of people who actually have fun with their job. Richard seems pretty cool, if you ask me donald trump better watch out, if this guy could country dumb himself onto national tv he might just have the real secret to success. everything about it seems ligit to me, other than the stuff they put in there just for fun and drama. I also really like the team approach to business, kindof makes me wish i worked somewhere like that--in a world where technology has allowed us to become so independent that people try to do everything themselves it is pretty awesome to see a group of people, a real team, working toward a common goal and kicking ass and taking names!

FORT Newbie

REAL Estate in Cali

Thanks CaliGirl...what part of Cali are you from? Is the market as crazy out there as it is here in South Caolina??

GG

FORT Newbie
    Hi SandLapper, I am in Southern California, and from the way I see it real estate is booming just about everywhere. What is the deal with South Carolina? Are you still in the business, I took it you got into another field. Did you know the rest of the team? What are they like. Everyone seems really cool on the show! CG

FORT Newbie

out on my own

I thought it looked easy and wasn't getting enough attention at Trademark with all the strong personalities, so I went it alone with my personal assistant. Now that I have to pay all expenses, I realize what it takes to run an organization like Trademark, it ain't for the weak of heart. I'll probably do this til the market slows down and then get back on someone else's salary, ownership is not a spectator sport! I might even visit California, who knows

take care,

GG

Love this show! I was shocked to see how high home prices are in South Carolina, though. For some reason I thought the housing was cheaper in the South.

I do think they blew it on the beach house. Except for the cathedral ceiling, it looked like they cut too many corners, which you can't do when you're asking over $1 million. The outside color was kind of tacky.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Love this show! I was shocked to see how high home prices are in South Carolina, though. For some reason I thought the housing was cheaper in the South.

I do think they blew it on the beach house. Except for the cathedral ceiling, it looked like they cut too many corners, which you can't do when you're asking over $1 million. The outside color was kind of tacky.
    I think part of why they are asking so much is that it is waterfront property and you can tie your boat up to the pier. Also there is only so much waterfront property and you pay for it. If you noticed they bought the house for a million and it was a mess. I am sure the previous owner was thrilled by the sale.

Guys, I watched my first show this afternoon and loved it.

Today's show was the little yellow house on Magnolia.. Ginger's first flip. I was amazed when she bought the place at auction for $167000 and thought she got a steal, as I, too, thought that housing in the south would have been a little less expensive. But perhaps because it's in Charleston, SC?

Ginger ran into a lot of problems with the rotten flooring, roofing, termites, workers not getting a permit, etc... but I must say that the house looked absolutely beautiful when completed. I just didn't think the houses around it looked nice enough to support a $350000 price tag.

I'll definitely catch this show again. Thanks for the heads up.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I googled house prices in Charleston SC and was looking for 3 or 4 bedrooms and at least 2 baths and depending on location I was shocked at the prices, you can get a house only several yrs old for less than $200,00 but it is only about 1,300 to 1,500 sq ft. I saw alot of prices in the $300,000. Also there was a waterfront property on Dewe Island that ran over $1.4 million, but it was nicer than the property that Trademark did. It even had a pier so you could hook up with the local ferry service.

FORT Newbie
    The one with Ginger was great. Not to mention she's the hottest girl on the planet. Does anyone have picture of her?

+ Reply to Thread