+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

11/13 - new episode - college edition

Richard's niece, Kristin goes to Clemson and belongs to a sorority and the sorority is in the dorms and wants off campus housing. Richard buys these set of 4 condo buildings that have 4 units each in them and plans to flip it in 10 days. Just cosmetic changes. Carpets, appliances, paint, cover the paneling with sheetrock. They paid Richard's old fraternity Sigma U (forgive me if I spelled it wrong) $10,000 to demo the four buildings. The is a bit of a problem with the tenants that have leases, cause Richard wants to sell all the units. Trademark says it will honor all the leases.

The 1 bedroom units start at 62,500, the 2 bedroom units 82,500. For the first 8 units then will be market value. That is a great deal for a condo.

Dawn visits the guy on the Johns Island property that they are leasing and have him sign a lease. He is not working and Dawn wants a payment, I don't think he has one. He doesn't even start work at a new job until next Monday. I wonder if they will have to kick him out????

July 23, 2006 new season of FTH starts

A new season starts and guess what its not Richards Trademark Properties it is a 2 brothers and their wives; the Malendragoes (probably spelled it wrong) in San Antonio. I think the main brother, Armando, needs some advice from Richard in how to deal with contractors.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

No more Dawn and Ginger? I want Trademark Properties back!

I am not happy with the San Antonio cast. It's too hard to tell these people apart. Plus the homes in South Carolina were so much prettier.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Absofrigginglutely disgusted with what A&E did to this show. This was one of my favourite shows and I was anxiously awaiting the return of its new season and they give me THIS???? Pretentious, arrogant, snobby and elitist are just a few words that come to mind when I think of the new cast. And don't even get me started on Mr. Self-Importance, Armondo or whatever the hell his name is. He totally rubbed me the wrong way. I miss the down-to-earth feel that Richard and the Trademark group brought to the show. That was one of the reasons I enjoyed watching so much. Unfortuately I have no desire to watch these pretentious airheads.

FORT Regular
    If you go to the A&E you won't find the show listed anymore, it may have been pulled due to a lawsuit filed by Richard Davis. The show is till listed in the online schedule for 30 July, but I can't find any other mention of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by jguitar View Post
    If you go to the A&E you won't find the show listed anymore, it may have been pulled due to a lawsuit filed by Richard Davis. The show is till listed in the online schedule for 30 July, but I can't find any other mention of the show.
    How interesting! What do you know about this lawsuit and why it was filed?

We want our old Flip This House crew back!!!!

Emily

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Absofrigginglutely disgusted with what A&E did to this show. This was one of my favourite shows and I was anxiously awaiting the return of its new season and they give me THIS???? Pretentious, arrogant, snobby and elitist are just a few words that come to mind when I think of the new cast. And don't even get me started on Mr. Self-Importance, Armondo or whatever the hell his name is. He totally rubbed me the wrong way. I miss the down-to-earth feel that Richard and the Trademark group brought to the show. That was one of the reasons I enjoyed watching so much. Unfortuately I have no desire to watch these pretentious airheads.
    Yeah, some of Armando's aggorance was a bit much. But it is priceless to watch him sit in a wading pool to cool off and have a smaller one for his rottweiler to sit it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...N-HOUSE-DC.XML

"By Andrew Wallenstein

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - A&E has been slapped with a multimillion-dollar lawsuit stemming from its reality series "Flip This House."

Richard C. Davis, executive producer and star of "Flip," filed suit in the Court of Common Pleas in Charleston, S.C., against the cable network and production company Departure Films, citing fraud, breach of contract and seven other counts.

Here is a link to a story with comments from Richard.

http://www.charleston.net/stories/?n...ction=business
    "Davis said he has been inundated this week with e-mails and phone calls from viewers wanting to know why he's no longer on the program. On Tuesday morning, he said, 20 fans from Atlanta turned up in Trademark's lobby to make sure the cast members they'd seen on TV are real.

"I could not have dreamt up how supportive people have been about this," Davis said. "If America really liked the other show better, I'd lick my wounds and move on."

Sunday's season premiere, minus the Charleston connection, sparked derision from Trademark fans who protested on A&E's online chat rooms, demanding the return of Davis and the rest of the cast.

On Tuesday morning, A&E's Web site still featured Trademark as appearing on the show. By Tuesday afternoon the site was unavailable.

No matter, Davis said, because the show will return in December, this time on The Learning Channel.

The format will be the same: Davis hounding his staff to flip the house on time and on budget. Occasionally they fall out, but they always make up. Filming began in the spring and about eight shows are in the can, Davis said."
    Last edited by jguitar; 07-26-2006 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks for the information jguitar. Guess I will have to wait til December to tune back in. The San Antonio cast is too unbearable to watch!!

+ Reply to Thread