+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Flip this House - on A&E

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by scrow9
    Hmmmm...not to start any rumors but it did seem like Richard is staying in a lot of hotels recently...there was even a head and shoulders shot of him in this latest show that made me think "is he staying in a hotel AGAIN?"

Now, I am not sure of the distances involved between his office, home and these work sites and it all could very well be just a business neccessity but on the other hand, is there trouble in Richard's family life?

If Ginger wants to keep wearing revealing outfits on the show, that's fine with me...she definitely "do-able" ha ha even if she's a bit of an air head! Dawn, on the other hand, is someone I can't stand.
    That last three episodes have taken place in the upstate in Greenville County. That is 3 hours from Charleston. In one earlier episode that mentioned that they had to get a house done quick becuase they had to get to the upstate to work on 7 homes. We have seen 4 so far. Not all 7 may make it to air. But I know there is at least one more in the MLS that the listing says will be on the show.

Also, I saw on anther board that they have been spotted at the Esso Club just off the campus of Clemson University and that they are doing a home in Clemson. Clemson is even farther from Charleston.

So, that is why they are staying in Hotels. Otherwise it would be a long commute.

FORT Newbie

Thanks LBRE

Yeah, I had no idea of some of the distances involved, so now the hotel stays make perfect sense to me, thanks for the clarification!

I watched the latest episode again (thank you Tivo!) and I realized that while they didn't have time to get the mold toxicity report back from the lab that perhaps it didn't matter all that much because they got all the mold out of the house, or so they say.

Quote Originally Posted by scrow9

I watched the latest episode again (thank you Tivo!) and I realized that while they didn't have time to get the mold toxicity report back from the lab that perhaps it didn't matter all that much because they got all the mold out of the house, or so they say.
    Hmmm...maybe the house didn't sell because the report came back positive for toxic mold?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by itravel94
    Hmmm...maybe the house didn't sell because the report came back positive for toxic mold?

The open house for the home at the Cliff's of Glassy was only like 2-3 weeks ago, even with out rats and mold, it takes much longer than that to sell those kind of homes in our market.

Yeah, there is a house on sale just down the road from where I work in Bethesda, MD and it overlooks the Potomac Rd on MacArthur Blvd. Not that old with all the bells and whistles and they want 1.3 million for it. I think that For Sale sign had been up since May. Even in this area where the market is going crazy it still takes time to sell a million dollar home. Now if it was in the $400,000 to $700,000 it would be gone, especially for that location.

FORT Newbie
    Today Centenial American Properties announced that they have teamed up with Trademark Properties and A&E as part of the TV show Flip This House to purchase Shoeless Joe Jackson's home in Greenville. It will be moved to the new single A Ball Field being built in Greenville's Historic West End and be converted to a museum dedicated to Shoeless Joe Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan1963
    What's the odds that Ginger and Richard have slept together?

Anyone know if the property ever sold?
    Eew, I hope not. He's like a father figure to her!

I was hoping for their sakes they sold it before the show aired. Seeing the mold and rats could kind of be a turn off to buyers. Plus weren't they discussing how to price it and Richard said he originally thought 1.3M but then they decided on 2.4? As a buyer if I saw that I'd think they might accept a lot lower than their asking price.

Of course if I were in that bracket I'd rather spend that much having a house designed to my own specifications rather than paying for one already fixed up according to someone else's ideas. Maybe ball players searching for a vacation mansion aren't that picky.

I was also curious how long the company could keep their million-dollar outlay on the books without selling the property. They must have had a lot in reserve to start with!

I was glad this episode did not have Dawn or their regular construction guy. The childish antics were confined to the dog incident.

The "high society" party with the tacky food was funny. Maybe there are no foodies in Greenville?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Yeah, there is a house on sale just down the road from where I work in Bethesda, MD and it overlooks the Potomac Rd on MacArthur Blvd. Not that old with all the bells and whistles and they want 1.3 million for it. I think that For Sale sign had been up since May. Even in this area where the market is going crazy it still takes time to sell a million dollar home. Now if it was in the $400,000 to $700,000 it would be gone, especially for that location.

I think this house has been on the market longer than I realized cause today there was a sign saying there was a price reduction. HA HA....

Anyone know why there's not a new episode on this weekend? This show has me hooked.

No new episode?!? Wahhhhh.....

Emily

+ Reply to Thread