+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girls Next Door

Re: The Girls Next Door

Quote Originally Posted by tickerrose;2509478;
    While I am not sure Hef will marry Holly at any point, I believe he won't leave her uncared for. He has expressed (even in front of x-girlfriends) that he has never been happier and if I may quote him, I believe at one point he said something along the lines of, "alot of that has to do with Holly". Believe it or not, I think he really cares about her. I think he is also getting more sentimental in his older age and can see the value of having someone who at least seems to really care about him, and is still hot, over trading her in for a newer model at this point. Even Hef has to admitt he is getting up there and do you think he wants to train another girl how to tie his bow.

I think Holly will remain his #1 for some time to come, even though she is getting ancient by playboy standars.

I think we all know "The Girls Next Door" has given Playboy a huge shot in the arm. Hef is no fool, he knows that and I believe he will squeeze every cent out of the franchise before he willingly rocks the boat.
    I have also heard him say and read in interviews that Hef has called Holly the love of his life. I don't know if this translates to eventually marrying her, but right now he doesn't have to. I think when her biological clock starts going into overdrive is when we will find out "what happens next for them". I like Hef and Holly together.

Hef, may indeed love Holly. I think however Kendra is the one that gets his motor started. Hef has a certain twinkle in his eye when Kendra is near.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2513135;
    Hef, may indeed love Holly. I think however Kendra is the one that gets his motor started. Hef has a certain twinkle in his eye when Kendra is near.
    Hmm, I notice just the opposite, and to a big degree.

More and more episodes show him seeming a bit irritated by Kendra, and he seems to be working at being patient with her instead of it coming naturally. Even in older episodes, such as the one shown tonight where Holly threw a pajama party for the Playmate of the Year in the Playmate house, show Hef's being a bit annoyed at Kendra's attitude. When Kendra finally deigned to show up to the functions (after he had to send someone to go bring her down), and Queen Kendra asked everyone to wait for her to go to her room and bring her present for the Playmate (Tara, was it?), Hef was whispering to Holly to go ahead without Kendra because who knew when she'd come back, so they went ahead with their gifts and Hef went back home and the girls went on with the party without waiting for Kendra.

When I watch Hef's attitude and actions and facial expressions around the girls, I notice he seems to enjoy himself and be happy around both Holly and Bridgit, but around Kendra he seems to be barely more than putting up with her, and he's not often amused by her air-headed questions and comments. He definately sparkles more around Holly and Bridgit than he does around Kendra. And she's increasingly being left out of more and more camera time where it used to show all three girls.

Historically in Hef's well-publicized and documented life, Kendra's attitude and arrogance is one he doesn't like in his girlfriends, so I really think her days as one of the girlfriends is numbered. And again, I've seen nothing in his attitude towards her or facial expressions when her name is brought up or she's in the room that indicates he has a very good opinion of her anymore. Add to that Holly's obvious increasing dislike of Kendra's attitude, and even a few comments from Bridgit here and there... Kendra's ego is definately hurting her standing within the circle.

Hef's no dummy, he knows the show is great publicity for the Playboy empire, and he's a master PR ambassador for what's good for Playboy. So he won't be cutting Kendra out as long as the show is still bringing good publicity for Playboy, and bringing in some revenue. But you can really see the difference in his attitude towards her from the first season to the current ones.

And it ain't a good change for you, K-Dub, so you might want to rethink your arrogance and attitude.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Kendra always come off very cocky to me. She is very deluded about her charms as well. I love how she believes that she is a "gansta". I find anytime she is on TV that I can't stop laughing at her. The fact that she appears totally clueless about her character is evn more entertaining to me.

My finger automatically wants to go for the "mute" button every time Kendra appears.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2515790;
    Kendra always come off very cocky to me. She is very deluded about her charms as well. I love how she believes that she is a "gansta". I find anytime she is on TV that I can't stop laughing at her. The fact that she appears totally clueless about her character is evn more entertaining to me.
    I don't even think she is very attractive. But it seems as if she is playing a character rather than being herself. I did kinda feel sorry for her when Holly got her a cheap costume for some party but she and someone else had nice elaborate ones.

I've only watched a few eps, but that is my impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2516087;
    I don't even think she is very attractive. But it seems as if she is playing a character rather than being herself. I did kinda feel sorry for her when Holly got her a cheap costume for some party but she and someone else had nice elaborate ones.

I've only watched a few eps, but that is my impression.
    Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever that we're seeing the real Kendra. She's been quoted too many times outside of the GND camera, made too many statements/comments to the media on her own, too many blogs she wrote herself, too many people who know her or knew her pre-Playboy days, etc., etc., etc., all of which verify that this is pure Kendra -- lots of ego, not very smart, thinks of herself as a "gangsta grrl" (her words from her blog), thinks most women envy her (her words again) and that most guys that see her want her (again, her words). Kendra isn't smart enough to come up with a character and play it, nor do I think she'd even think she needs one because she apparently thinks she's so hot that just being Kendra is a wonderful enough thing to be.

I really don't think she gets that so many viewers either mute her or laugh at her because of how hot she thinks she is and what a bubblehead she appears to be on the show. Let's just say I think I can understand how Eminem (who I can't stand) could have given in to temptation and dumped a bottle of water over her head in that infamous incident. It really IS tempting.

Especially every time I hear that fake Elmer Fudd laugh she has.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I hear Kendra really likes to spend a lot of time with her good friend Mary Jane. Once I heard that I was like "Ohhhhh, that explains a lot of Kendra's stupidity...."

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2517082;
    Oh, I have no doubt whatsoever that we're seeing the real Kendra. . . .too many blogs she wrote herself . . .
    She can write?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2517082;
    . . . Especially every time I hear that fake Elmer Fudd laugh she has.
    How was it that one of Jerry's (or George's?) girlfriends' laugh was described? "Elmer Fudd sitting on a juicer"?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I think Hef also realizes that while Holly is busy trying to have kids with him, Kendra is young and not ready at all to be taking care of him.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-06-2007, 09:05 AM