+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girls Next Door

FORT Newbie

Re: The Girls Next Door

I love the girls next door <3 its such a good show. Im sure that all of his girlfriends are so sad getting all that money and fame poor things. Has anyone ever thought maybe they like there life and being with hef even if it is just for the money! Maybe Holly's Family doesnt approve of her life b.c she does talk about them in the shows commentary! I love the girls next door!

Quote Originally Posted by myohmy;2434615;
    Hey all! I'm new here. We went to get cupcakes @ Sprinkles today and ran into Bridget on the way home!
    http: //img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/mars9428/MISC/June0381.jpg just take out the space between the http: and the // and the link will work!
    Thanks for the pic. You're family is adorable and Bridget looks better than she ever has on the show!

Of all of the girls, she seems to be the one with that would be the most down to earth.

Does anyone else think when Hugh is shown sporting his pajama wardrobe he looks like he is out on pass from the local Nursing Home? And when he laughs he riminds me of a lizard.

FORT Newbie

Over time, it will be interesting to see how much longer this show lasts. It almost seems like they are running out of steam, and things to put on there. It will be interesting also to see what these girls do when they leave the mansion and move on to something else. Holly seems to really want to marry Hefner but I don't think he's going to go through with that. Of the three, she seems to have the fewest outside interests other than being with Hefner. Bridget will probably finish her education and get a job in communications, the field she seems to really want to get into, and Kendra, who did invest in a condo (despite the tacky comment about "my boobs got my condo") will probably also be successful. I will say for Kendra, despite the annoying laugh and shaking her booty all the time, she does seem to have a really big heart and is very kind. I hope they all find what they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by realitytvcritic;2493604;
    . . . Holly seems to really want to marry Hefner but I don't think he's going to go through with that . . .
    Yeah, especially as she's nearing 30. Isn't that when Hef generally deems his pelvic affiliates "too old" and trades them in for a newer (younger) model?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie

I think Holly is in for a big wake-up call fairly soon. She'll keep pressuring Hef to marry her and he will keep putting it off and putting it off until she gets tired of waiting. Maybe that's the plan. He doesn't want a confrontation; he's just waiting around till she gets tired of it, gives him an ultimatum, and then he either has to go through with it (doubtful) or will have to tell her that he's never seriously considered it. Does anyone remember the episode where she was sitting in the office with Mary, Hef's secretary, and she kept on and on about what she wanted their wedding to be like--and it was very elaborate; you would have thought she wanted to replicate Princess Diana's wedding. No expense is to be spared, obviously. Hefner, meanwhile, walked in on this conversation and was just shocked. It was obvious from the expression on his face, and his behavior, that he has never thought seriously of marrying her, yet she is absolutely convinced that he will. I just wonder what her family thinks about all this. I don't recall ever seeing them visit her at the Playboy Mansion or hearing her discuss them, unless I missed it. You do see Bridget's family and of course Kendra's family, but not much is said about Holly's family.

And I'm sure that Hef's kids don't want to be divvying up the estate among any more heirs than there are already.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Hef knows that Holly wants to marry him. She's been pretty honest about it. He's also my dad's age. At some point he's got to want to just give it up.

He's still legally married to his ex wife. I don't think he's going to divorce her. As for the estate. I strongly suspect there is enough to go around.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

While I am not sure Hef will marry Holly at any point, I believe he won't leave her uncared for. He has expressed (even in front of x-girlfriends) that he has never been happier and if I may quote him, I believe at one point he said something along the lines of, "alot of that has to do with Holly". Believe it or not, I think he really cares about her. I think he is also getting more sentimental in his older age and can see the value of having someone who at least seems to really care about him, and is still hot, over trading her in for a newer model at this point. Even Hef has to admitt he is getting up there and do you think he wants to train another girl how to tie his bow.

I think Holly will remain his #1 for some time to come, even though she is getting ancient by playboy standars.

I think we all know "The Girls Next Door" has given Playboy a huge shot in the arm. Hef is no fool, he knows that and I believe he will squeeze every cent out of the franchise before he willingly rocks the boat.

I was watching the episode this morning when the girls and Hef went to New York and the girls went on The View.

Kendra is such a moron, I just can't even like anything about her anymore. "Who is Barbara Walters?" "I don't know anything about The View, or who those people are, or who Barbara Walters is. But I know they're haters!". Ok, I don't watch The View, and don't have any opinion of the women on it. But how does Kendra figure she's intelligent enough to state she knows "they're haters" if she also says she knows nothing about the show or the people on it? And Kendra wanting to join the Mile High Club while flying to New York in the private jet because she thinks it's some exclusive club, then Mary explaining to Kendra what the Mile High club really is and Kendra acting like such an idiot.

Not a lot to say on this episode, wasn't too bad, other than Kendra's increasing ability to irritate me with her air-headed arrogance. Every time she opens her mouth to tell us how men go wild over her and would love to be with her, including Hef and every other male on earth, I just want to zip her mouth shut.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-06-2007, 09:05 AM