+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 53 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Girls Next Door

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The Girls Next Door

My favourite's Holly. I really think Hef should marry her.
    Yeah, as if he's in any hurry to divorce his current wife. And to be honest, she doesn't seem in any hurry to do the same.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Regular

I don't think Hef should marry her, everyone knew the expectations of the relationship. I think Holly is in over her head and she fell in love but I think Hef likes to have multiple girls which is unfortunate for her. He likes his lifestyle and I don't think he cares if some of the women are in it for the money because after all he is the one who decided the guidelines.

He'd better not marry her if he knows what's good for him and his sons. She's already trying to get herself firmly planted in the Playboy franchise by making business decisions she really shouldn't be making. Not only does she design the jewelry they sell but now she want to manage the photoshoots for the magazine. Even though she apparently has no experience. Hef grants her the opportunity. He gives her an inch; she takes a mile. The further she gets entrenched into the Playboy business, the harder it's going to be for Hef to get rid of her. She knows that and she knows he's getting older. She's got no legal ties to him even though she keeps begging, so she's gone to Plan B; forcing her place in the business so that when he is unable to make business decisions due to his age, she will basically be trying to run Playboy. I think she is the most coniving of all the girlfriends, ever.

FORT Regular

I think you are right. I always wondered why Holly would want to sleep in his room every night. Maybe she thought it would persuade him to change his mind. It was funny to me that during that entire show, how she kept referring to how nice it was for them to be alone at home. I do think it is a little fake how she is always the one to leave activities early so she can go home to be with Hef.

I thought his daughter ran a portion of his company.

Quote Originally Posted by yput;2399702;
    She does... According to Wikipedia...Christie is the chairman and CEO of Playboy Enterprises Inc.

She was an English major at Brandeis University. In her junior year she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and went on to graduate summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and American literature in 1974. She became a President's Councilor of her alma mater in 1978. After college she wanted to pursue journalism or law, but started working at Playboy as an intermediate step. After being with the company for 5 years, she moved up to the position of Vice President, the same year that Hugh Hefner declared her the "heir apparent".

In 1988, she became Chairman & Chief Executive Officer for Playboy Enterprises Inc., and still holds this position. She created the Hugh M. Hefner First Amendment Award in honor of her father.

She married former Illinois state senator William A. Marovitz, real estate developer and attorney, in 1995.

It will take more than Holly doing headstands in Hefners bedroom to push Christie out of the way and make room for a bimbo to take over

Hefner likes sex but he isnt a foolish man when it comes to business and
    Holly's charms won't work on Christie... as soon as Hefner kicks the bucket... Holly and the other bimbos will be given their walking papers.

Quote Originally Posted by yput;2399702;
    Christie's place in Hef's empire is secure, and much more than just running "a portion of his company". Christie Hefner is the Chairman, President, and CEO for Playboy Enterprises Inc. Christie is the one who turned Playboy around when it was sinking, and who actually runs the company now -- Hef's role is much much smaller than hers and is mostly honorary now, although he still has the final say over the photos and playmates who appear in the magazine covers and fold-outs.

So it doesn't matter how much Holly wants to get her foot inside the corporate door, she'll never get anywhere where she can have real power or real input except in minor areas where her 'decisions' aren't going to have any real impact on anything. More like a harmless toy being given to one of the girlfriends of the boss's father Hef is smart enough to see that Christie is the reason Playboy Enterprises re-emerged better and more profitable than it ever was, and he's smart enough to only allow his girlfriends to play with a harmless toys. Kind of like letting the little girls play in the playroom pretending to cook with the Mattel Shake-N-Bake Oven, while in the meantime, Mom is in the kitchen with the real appliances cooking up the real meal.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

i watched scary movie 4 last night
    && i didnt realize that they had made a cameo in it.
    thought that was funny

Yes, I know Hef's daughter is CEO. I didn't mean to imply that Holly will be successful in her attempts to grab a big piece of the Playboy pie; just that she is going to try her damnest to get it. And these attempts have nothing to do with her "love" for Hef; that's all.

P.S. Cleocatra, I admire your Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by miadora;2413233;
    Yes, I know Hef's daughter is CEO. I didn't mean to imply that Holly will be successful in her attempts to grab a big piece of the Playboy pie; just that she is going to try her damnest to get it. And these attempts have nothing to do with her "love" for Hef; that's all.

P.S. Cleocatra, I admire your Avatar.

awww thank you miadora.... not sure if you mean this avatar or my cat hitting the car one

either way... thank you

and you are absolutely right.... Holly is trying her damndest to get her claws into Playboy Enterprises... but I think that even Hef can see it.
    He seems truly fond of her and I think Holly would stand a better chance of getting more if she wasnt so aggressive about it.... she needs to remember that Hef has been around for a very long time and he has seen every trick in the Bimbo book...

I don't think she's fooling him at all... and even if he starts to get senile he has Cristie in charge so Holly doesnt stand a chance.

FORT Newbie

Hey all! I'm new here. We went to get cupcakes @ Sprinkles today and ran into Bridget on the way home!
    http: //img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/mars9428/MISC/June0381.jpg just take out the space between the http: and the // and the link will work!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-06-2007, 09:05 AM