+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Bridezillas

Re: Bridezillas

I'm getting married in October. I love this show. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would marry some of these women.

Toothdoc

Could some PLEASE tell me (since gays can't marry here in Illinois----yet lol) Why these guys actually go ahead with the weddings and marry these 'zillas? I would be on the first bus to anywhere before I'd sign up for a life of being nagged and screamed at. Whew, these gals are just exhausting.

Chris . . .

I honestly don't think there's anyone on or possibly off this board that could give an answer as to why these guys choose to go ahead and marry these crazy, rolling b*tches.

I sure haven't figured it out. And they seem to get worse and worse with each show. I thought the $200-chicken-wing gal with the boot was bad enough, but then here comes Ms. "This-is-Our-Second-Time-to-the-Altar" Jersey (oh, yeah . . . I think HER guy said it was better than being alone; whatever drugs HE'S on, I want to stay a few thousand miles AWAY from him, because that is one lonely, DESPERATE man).

Then there was the bride who wanted her groom's cake made in an anatomically correct physical shape to let her groom know that that cake was going to be "his last piece". I can't believe her sister (A Mrs. Texas-Something-or-Other winner) actually agreed to allow herself to be filmed with her sister behaving like low-rent delusional street trash (at one point, I think the sister used the word "ghetto" to describe something the bride wanted to do at her nuptials). I wouldn't've have even been in the planning stages of her wedding, much less actually shown up on that day to stand beside her as she married her "man".

Or the bride who yells and curses at her mother, father and groom whenever she good and well feels like it, refers to her groom as "stupid", etc., goes out and buys one of her bridesmaids a new dress for the wedding because SHE felt as though the lady had gained weight since they were first measured and she didn't want fat rolls hanging out at her wedding . . .

I could go on, but I think you might get the picture.

These women are certifiably crazy, and the grooms, parents, friends, etc., are just as crazy as THEY are to be bothered with this foolishness.

IMHO, there is not THAT much love and/or loyalty in the WORLD that could or would make me put up with these heifers for one second.
    Last edited by ness; 08-29-2008 at 12:51 AM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I must echo what I am reading here. Why do these people get married? Better than being alone? Hell no, I'd rather be alone than with that one. AS for all of them - I cannot believe these women became this way just because they were on "Bridezilla" - So guys why are you getting married? OR Is it possible that all of the gals are in reaility very nice but did this in agreement with their soon to be spouses just to get on the show?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3182238;
    Is it possible that all of the gals are in reaility very nice but did this in agreement with their soon to be spouses just to get on the show?
    gabriel . . .

I've got to admit that that thought DID cross my mind, outside of these women just being straight-up, 14-carat crazy, that is.

But, if I were a man --- ESPECIALLY if I were a man! --- there is no WAY I'd allow myself to wind up looking like a desperate, needy, spineless doormat just to get on national TV!

(I DEFINITELY wouldn't do it being a woman, either, but we're talking about ball-breaking women being the catalysts, here.)

I've wondered if these gals just happened to be nice in real life, but then when the cameras started rolling, dialed up their Bitch meters to portray what THEY thought a REAL Bridezilla should be like? If that's so, perhaps the grooms, families, friends, etc., were startled and got caught up like deer in headlights, didn't want to embarrass the Bridezilla or themselves on national TV (Besides, the Bridezillas were already doing one hell of a good job at embarrassing themselves, all by themselves!) and pretty much just rolled over and took it, OR . . .

Tried to match the Bridezilla that they didn't see coming in an off-the-cuff "Possessed by Satan" throwdown to try to "prove" they weren't going to go down without a fight?

*Shrugs.*

Just a couple of thoughts.
    Last edited by ness; 08-29-2008 at 04:12 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

In my personal experience having been friends with a few bridezillas (scary I know) many people are relatively normal in their day to day life but then you get this women who have sitting there stewing on their dream wedding for years and years. At the first opportunity for it they go into full throttle living out their dreams via this wedding. They get absolutely obsessive about every detail because they have been fantasizing about every detail for years and years. I mean one of my friends had her "scrapbook" all set up before she even found a willing victim to marry her and when he asked she threw that open and took no prisoners. But aside from the wedding she's a very normal person, just desperate for a perfect wedding and to be the center of attention.

I think attention has something to do with it too. When trying to find emotional support after being a bridesmaid to one of the types in real life I went to online forums and read brides ranting and raving about how their people weren't their slaves because it THEIR day.

I don't know when I got married it was low key, in jeans surrounded by loved ones with a trip to taco bell before a reception playing some board games with friends. It was alright. The husband is now an ex but the day was really cool.

Wow I didn't know we had so many stupid men in the world? Especially one stupid enough to marry that Hosebeast, Meagan!

Okay, seriously now - Shantiqa (sp?) sucks her thumb??? Really??? And Dona is 33 and still needs her hand held at the dentist? Dona and Carlo really need to call off the wedding - there is absolutely no love there at all. I think she is only marrying him because she is 33 and hasn't found a fool yet, and likes his $$. Run, Carlo!!
    Last edited by Margaritaville; 09-28-2008 at 11:41 PM.

I agree. After watching Dona and Carlo, I really wondered why they were bothering to go through with it. I mean, in this day and age, it is no big deal for a couple to live together without the benefit of marriage. Most of these couples are already living together prior to taking their vows. Half of them already have kids prior to the wedding. So why bother getting married?

I would love to see just how many of the marriages actually last!

has anyone been watching the new seaason? i am convinced these women are playing it up for the cameras at this point. it's highly entertaining tho.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast