+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I love the fact she has no worries about calling someone a sweaty, puffy, coke whore and gets upset over what Jay Leno said about, before and after picture. Her remark is so far beyond funny where his was just a stupid remark.

easily distracted
    Quote Originally Posted by DoeBoy
    I watched it tonight... and I had only a few laughs.
    DoeBoy, I agree. Although I think this series is great and Kathy is hilarious, I didn't find this episode's clips of her stand-up routine funny. It seemed that she was so freaked out by the flowers that the Zellwegger bit in her routine seemed forced and defensive rather than relaxed and funny.

In general, though, this show is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

Agreed. The Zellwegger flower gift totally caught Kathy off gaurd and I guess that's a valid excuse for her lack of natural comedic character. I still love her, and this show is still great.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

FORT Fogey
    My favourite line from the show: "My assisstant is working so hard. When she came in here she wsa 95 pounds, but no she is 84 pounds. She's doing the whole Mary Kate thing."

In case you missed The View this morning, hereís a little snippet of an exchange between Star and Joy regarding Kathy.

Joy: You know Kathy Griffin? She's our guest on the show a lot and she has this show called The D List or something like that.

Star (pouting): I don't watch it!

Joy: Yeah, you're mad at her, but that's another story. Anyway, this has nothing to do with you really.

Star: What?

Joy: She's on the Jay Leno show and she shows him a picture. She's doing a bit. She's a comedian. She's showing Jay Leno a picture of her with Carmen Electra, who is a beautiful actress I guess.

Meredith: We've had her on the show.

Joy: She's a lovely girl. And so it was Kathy. And so she shows Jay the picture and she tells him, "You know Carmen Electra often calls me up for beauty tips." Okay, it's her joke. She's making fun of herself. And Jay Leno, who should know better, says, "It looks like a before and after shot."

Star: I don't understand why she should know better. What's wrong with it????

Joy: You don't say things about a women's look like that. Not to her face.

Star: Excuse me, Kathy sits on this couch and says what she wants to about Laddy, Daddy and Everybody.

Joy: The girl was crying on her show. Because she was upset.

Star: But I don't understand. If you're a comedian...you've told us this so many times [Joy]...you've beat it into my head. You're a comedian, you take pot shots of people. That's your job. If someone takes a pot shot at you, then how could you be mad at them?? Leno has a male audience. We have a female audience. So our sensitivities about women are heightened.

Meredith: If youíre watching that person sitting there. Would you feel comfortable laughing?

Star: Iím uncomfortable when I sit on the couch and listen to her or Mario Cantone do that.

Joy: Sheís [Kathy] not doing it to their face!

Star (screaming): So itís better to be a sleeze bag to your face?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here is some other tidbits from Kathy:

- Remember that recurring joke about Kathy's agent not answering her calls? It's no joke! Bitch didn't answer her calls. And, guess what? She no longer has that agent! She just didn't fit in. She's fired! Oh yeah, the publicist is gone too.

- Kathy has learned a lot from her A-list pals. She is playing hard ball with Bravo (and even with us), moaning how painful it was to have those pesky cameras in her home for oh-so-many months. She's still unsure whether she's going to do a second season or not.

I liked the whole drama with the roses and why she got them.

During the stand-up moment that was shown. Kathy is telling her "peeps" about getting them and wondering what was it she said that prompted the whole "sending of the roses"... Kathy mentions, "well it could have been that comment I made to People Magazine that Rene was the missing Olsen triplet..." and then rattle off a couple of other interesting things she has said... I just died laughing. And her whole obsession with Shipley Dounuts in Houston...was great. (Tho we do have Shipley's all over the state of Texas and they do have the best dounuts.)

What I find so brave about Kathy... she is willing to be filmed... no makeup with pillow hair. And her "love" of being on the worst dress list. Even if I don't agree. I tend to like those dresses she picks to wear.

What did have my attention... was when the radio people were trying to get her to say something about Starr Jones. And she wouldn't. I guess this means she is going to be doing more red carpet things for E!. Then for Starr to have been so ugly to Kathy in person on the View... when they are "co-workers" on E! just points out how big of a**hole Starr is...

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    In case you missed The View this morning, here’s a little snippet of an exchange between Star and Joy regarding Kathy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Kathy has learned a lot from her A-list pals. She is playing hard ball with Bravo (and even with us), moaning how painful it was to have those pesky cameras in her home for oh-so-many months. She's still unsure whether she's going to do a second season or not.
    Has anyone ever heard Kathy talking about Starr? Seriously... has anyone seen her make a comment about her at all? I have seen the stand shows they have aired on Bravo. And numerous times on talk shows... and not once has Kathy ever mention Starr. Till Starr was so ugly to her on the View. Then Kathy really just laughed it off.

So all of Starr's bad behavior has no basis. She is being ugly for the hell of it. And even when Starr completely snubbed Kathy on her visit to the View... Kathy had done nothing to get that kind of treatment.

Exactly when did Starr Jones become sooooo important to be so hateful? The problem is Starr "thinks" of herself as a "A List-er" when she isn't. What else has she done besides commercials for Payless Shoes?
    ~~~
    I do hope Kathy will do another set of these shows for Bravo. I tend to think... she did this show for less money than what Bobby Brown got for his show. So with her show having been alot more entertaining & the critics loving it... she needs a boost in pay.

AIWANNABE thanks a bunch for transcribing that. Star is a fat piece of a**, yep, that's all she is and all she'll ever be. She's just jealous because Kathy actually has fans and a husband that's not gay.
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Quote Originally Posted by r0guish
    AIWANNABE thanks a bunch for transcribing that. Star is a fat piece of a**, yep, that's all she is and all she'll ever be. She's just jealous because Kathy actually has fans and a husband that's not gay.

I would never watch the View and never understood why they got Star Jones for the red carpet. She seemed so full of herself and so completely lacking in talent. There was a lot of fast-forwarding going on, let me tell you! And for her to be so nasty in that transcription --

We thought the whole bit with Zellweger was genius. Actually it made Zellweger look like an evil genius when most likely it was just Kathy reading into it, but still. What a brilliant scheme to get mentioned a gazillion times on somebody else's show. It makes Zellweger look like she has a wicked sense of humor. We could just see her watching the episode and laughing and laughing. Plus those flowers were gorgeous. It probably was an homage, and a thanks for keeping my name before the public sort of gesture.

At the beginning and end of the photo shoot scene they show Kathy's dining room area. I loved the blue and green accent pieces (my favorite colors). Usually I don't like the custom painted "art" on those decorating shows, but that wall art and the matching vases were so beautiful. And I love every time they show her foyer with the fountain, plus the vase and floral arrangement on the staircase. The only thing I don't like about htat house was when they painted the light kitchen cabinets that dark muddy color. But overall, fabulous! Snaps!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    - Kathy has learned a lot from her A-list pals. She is playing hard ball with Bravo (and even with us)
    Do you mean FORT has contact with her? What do you mean by hardball? I really hope she reads this forum and sees how much we all love her. That's about as fan-like as I've ever sounded.

+ Reply to Thread