+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

I liked the show laslt night. It was pretty funny. I almost think she is making the show too much about her mom. Does she do this often? This is my first season watching.

I laughed a lot at the part where she was crying in pain every time her mom touched her arm imitating the daughter of Joan Crawford. Too funny. Even her assistants were really laughing.

Do you think Kathy is seeing someone? Besides Levi Johnson that is. LOL She gave a hint that she was recently on a talk show, but I'm not sure if she was serious. She does seem to be a little lonely IMO. Maybe that's just part of her act.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3968041;
    I liked the show laslt night. It was pretty funny. I almost think she is making the show too much about her mom. Does she do this often? This is my first season watching.

I laughed a lot at the part where she was crying in pain every time her mom touched her arm imitating the daughter of Joan Crawford. Too funny. Even her assistants were really laughing.

Do you think Kathy is seeing someone? Besides Levi Johnson that is. LOL She gave a hint that she was recently on a talk show, but I'm not sure if she was serious. She does seem to be a little lonely IMO. Maybe that's just part of her act.
    I haven't seen last nite's show so i cant comment on that but honestly i LOVE the episodes with her mom in it. The one where they judged the little miss beauty pageant was funny. I dont think she puts her mom too much in the show but thats JMHO. But i think its nice that she does that since her dad has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3969807;
    I haven't seen last nite's show so i cant comment on that but honestly i LOVE the episodes with her mom in it. The one where they judged the little miss beauty pageant was funny. I dont think she puts her mom too much in the show but thats JMHO. But i think its nice that she does that since her dad has passed.

Wait until you see that episode and you'll see what I mean. I do like her mom, but I don't know that I would like every episode with 90 percent about her mother. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3969815;
    Wait until you see that episode and you'll see what I mean. I do like her mom, but I don't know that I would like every episode with 90 percent about her mother. That's all.
    Debb, I have watched every season and I will say the LAST season and this season we are seeing more and more of Maggie.

Seasons past had her ex Matt and then both her parents (from time to time) then a little more of her parents and then when her Dad got sick, she really included them allot. Then her Dad died, very sad episode. She was on the road and quickly flew home to be with him and her Mom. Once her Dad was gone, I think she took Maggie under her arm and moved her out here to LA from (I believe Chicago)! Kathy is a FABULOUS daughter to her parents and now to Maggie. I believe Kathy has several brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews who she has had on in past seasons.

My mom is soooooooo much like Maggie, same Irish Catholic upbringing and my Mom loves her wine and holds her faith and heritage close. AND I could say absolutely anything to my Mom like Kathy does and my Mom will roll her eyes and just say "Karen Anne" ...

It was a funny epi, loved seeing "LC" from The Hills. Not a fan at all of the Mag-Let ...
    KAREN

Add me to the list of those who think Maggie is a funny addition. I love how Kathy plays off her. I just watched the Mag-let episode and thought it was funny!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3968041;
    I liked the show last night. It was pretty funny. I almost think she is making the show too much about her mom. Does she do this often? This is my first season watching.
    If you've seen Kathy's stand up specials on Bravo she jokes how Bravo has put it into the contract that her parents, now just her mom, were to be shown in every episode. Sometimes it is just a quick conversation, sometimes it is a Maggie centric show. Last year she did a whole episode on fulfilling Maggie's bucket list and this year it was the book/Mag let. On Kathy's facebook page someone asked if Kathy had looked up the word Maglet in the Urban Dictionnary. Just looked it up. It is also slang for a very quick quickie.

Loved last night's episode and she is really able to use her status to bring attention to an important issue. It'll be interesting to see if the Senate also votes to repeal Don't Ask/Don't Tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Boann;3981523;
    Loved last night's episode and she is really able to use her status to bring attention to an important issue. It'll be interesting to see if the Senate also votes to repeal Don't Ask/Don't Tell.
    I really admire her for that. It brought tears to my eyes to witness the bravery of those people fighting for their civil rights. I can't personally imagine anyone wanting the military for a job, but if they do, they should not be fired for their orientation or have their benefits taken away.

And Kathy did a great job, despite the inappropriate jokes on the phone. But her handler's response and lack of humor was pretty funny.

I also just saw an episode of Paris Hilton's BFF show where Kathy was a guest teaching the contestants how to come up with jokes for a roast. She certainly is multi-talented.
    Last edited by Harvest; 07-15-2010 at 01:37 AM.

What is Kathy saying about the recent news of Levy Johnston's engagement to Bristal Palen?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3988054;
    What is Kathy saying about the recent news of Levy Johnston's engagement to Bristal Palen?
    She is "heartbroken over his betrayal".
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3988054;
    She made a you tube video about it, but I wasn't very impressed with the video.

I LOVED the Washington episode. She is awesome at all she does. I wish this season was longer. OH and BTW I immedietly got on the HRC site today and made my donation, plus ordered some shirts. I would have never heard of it without her show.

+ Reply to Thread