+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 165657585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

FORT Regular

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Last night's show was great. This is one of the FEW shows on TV that I look forward to way before it starts. I was surprised to see her get emotional thinking she wasn't doing well during the filming of Law and Order. (Maggie thought it was SUV instead of SVU...LOL) And what was up with Liza Minelli??? I've never seen her so lucid! She actually seemed fairly normal...unlike the fruitcake she normally seems like.

GREAT first epi!!! Love Kathy and love the "D-List"!!!

Thanks, tapper, for "The View" link ... ahhh, Elizabeth ... I thought it was rude that she did that HUGE YAWN towards the end of the segment ... she should have just called in sick yesterday.
    KAREN

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I see from an ad Kathy is going to have Levi, Bristol Palin's baby daddy, on...he gives her a tour of Alaska or something.

Loved the first episode! We got a juicy behind-the-scenes look at her Law & Order guest spot, with plenty of yucks, but she also showed her real fear at the prospect of acting with all these pros.

And Liza...LIZA! What a brilliant stroke. The greatest part is, Liza was cool with everything, played along, and yet she also managed to make Kathy actually learn something about acting! She is da bomb.

I like the fine line that Kathy is still able to walk between staged stuff and realness. That's why her show still works.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Did you see Kathy on Andy Cohen last night? Perhaps I should post on that thread. It was good, but I must admit something bothered me a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3939735;
    Did you see Kathy on Andy Cohen last night? Perhaps I should post on that thread. It was good, but I must admit something bothered me a little.
    No, Debb, I did not see AC ... what bothered you?
    KAREN

I was a little confused and concerned about her making fun of Andy right in front of him. I didn't really get the joke, but think if it's true, it could really hurt his feelings. Does he have crossed eyes? I couldn't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3940250;
    I was a little confused and concerned about her making fun of Andy right in front of him. I didn't really get the joke, but think if it's true, it could really hurt his feelings. Does he have crossed eyes? I couldn't tell.
    Hmm ... you know now that you mention it, I think AC's eyes are a little crossed. Kathy is Kathy and sometimes she likes to go the distance ... you know, with her jokes ... BUT considering her show is on Bravo, she is no doubt very good friends with AC.
    KAREN

I saw her on Andy Cohen.
    I also get the feeling they're good friends, though.
    He seems to have a pretty good sense of humor.

I haven't seen this show in a long time, so I may have to watch it.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by reneekk;3932870;
    Hobbes - were you at the Detroit show too??? I loved it!! Except there was a lot of political stuff I thought. Shame on me, but I'd rather hear more about celebrities. But oh my gosh, I will never miss another show in this area. I had so much fun! And now I can't wait to watch the bible belt special knowing she didn't use the same material!

I saw her live in DC a few years ago and was disappointed with all the political jokes she did. I just figured it was because she was in DC. Like you, I prefer the celebrity stuff.

+ Reply to Thread