+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Yeah, I think she just said Jessica decided to move on or something like that.

Kathy called it Faceplace on yesterday's episode, hahahaha!!

That dude at the Apollo was really pissed. So awkward. I was embarrassed for her. It's true about the lips but yeah...

I wonder why they make fun of Tom's disorder/disease/compulsion so much. I don't think that's cool.

Usually, Kathy is to blame for all the bad things that she does.

But this time, it wasn't her fault. Seriously, which guy at the Apollo thought of booking her on the same night that the kids were also performing? Have they not seen or heard her shows before? It's cuss word galore. And she admitted to not seeing the kids in the audience.

It was just awkward. I felt really bad for her when that guy reprimanded her.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3597021;
    Usually, Kathy is to blame for all the bad things that she does.

But this time, it wasn't her fault. Seriously, which guy at the Apollo thought of booking her on the same night that the kids were also performing? Have they not seen or heard her shows before? It's cuss word galore. And she admitted to not seeing the kids in the audience.

It was just awkward. I felt really bad for her when that guy reprimanded her.
    I totally agree. This time it wasn't Kathy's fault! What were the booking people at the Apollo thinking when they booked Kathy Griffin on the same show with children?????? And then, to compound the matter, to NOT TELL HER IN ADVANCE, so she could plan her standup routine accordingly -- or better yet, to give her the option to decline for that evening, and hope for another opportunity to perform without the children being present.

But still, having said all that, I just can't get through an episode of Kathy's show without cringing through most of it. Her stand up routines are funny and great (and she can go as far as she wants, as far as I'm concerned), but the "reality" portion of her show is just too much of Kathy being offensive. I'm no prude, and I don't mind the language, it's just that she goes too far until it's not funny at all -- just crude.

I'm not TIVOing the show anymore, and probably will just watch occasionally. Kathy, if you're reading these comments, please go back to showing more of your standup routines on the show, and a lot less of the reality stuff.

I also was embarassed for Kathy at the Apollo. I like her stand up routines and am also no prude but her show seems to be more scripted than the previous ones. I like when they showed the 'real' Kathy. Not the Kathy running around with the celebrities trying too hard to be 'one of them'. I'm probably not going to watch this show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3596818;
    Yeah, I think she just said Jessica decided to move on or something like that.

Kathy called it Faceplace on yesterday's episode, hahahaha!!

That dude at the Apollo was really pissed. So awkward. I was embarrassed for her. It's true about the lips but yeah...

I wonder why they make fun of Tom's disorder/disease/compulsion so much. I don't think that's cool.
    Yes, that was on purpose. I few epi's ago she asked her Mom to handle all the replies on her Facebook page...Maggie kept referring to it as Faceplace....hahaha!! Sooo, I am guessing that is why she said "Faceplace"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget Jones;3593606;
    No we never did. I actually liked Jessica.

According to her wiki page she's engaged and living in Arizona.
    Yeah, for someone who says she doesn't watch the show anymore I DID watch just enough of the "Apollo" episode last nite to get cringed right off my couch. 1st episode I've watched in 2 seasons. By the way does the episode scream "set up" by the Bravo producers?

Do schedule Kathy on "family" night w/all the minors performing. I thought something was missing and it was Jessica. So does anyone know what happened to her? I cannot stand the other 2 interns Tom & Tiffany.

Does Tiffany still laugh constantly? She gets on my nerves big time & she's one of the reasons I quit watching because they gave her so much air time. Tom's a huge douche too. All of his twitching, jerky movement & weird eye play. Blech.

MRD

There hasn't been as much of Tom and Tiffany this season. But Tiffany looks great. The way she's shrinking I think she's had a lap band or gastric bypass. Whatever she's doing, it's working, she looks good. Why does there sound like there is more to the Jessica leaving thing?

I thought the Apollo thing was awful. Why book her on that night and then get upset? Her comedy is just as "blue" as a lot of other comedians who perform at the Apollo, but they probably aren't there on a night when it's full of kids.

This season hasn't been all that funny. Some of her visit with Gloria Estefan and Rosie was funny. Bette was funny. Paris Hilton disgusts me, so didn't think that was all that funny. It does seem way to scripted this year and she's gotten way to smug for my tastes. I may quit watching it too.

She's coming to my town which is a HUGE surprise, because we have such a repressed population here. They will have to import her gays from elsewhere, not many here due to the gigantic religious influence and I wonder how many idiots will buy tickets and then get up and leave during the performance. Happens here all the time. People walked out on Robin Williams, they walked out on Spamalot and A Chorus Line. The PA Center got tons of complaints (hello, know what you're going to see before you buy tickets)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think this season has been top notch. Last week's ep was particularly good, and so far this week's has been great too.

Just about 40 days away -- can't wait!
    Kathy Griffin Is Back on 'D-List' June 15

By Lisa Horowitz
    Published: May 04, 2010

From knocking on Sarah Palin's door in Alaska to campaigning in Washington, D.C., to repeal "Don't Ask, Don't Tell," Kathy Griffin is back on Bravo with "Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List."

The comedic reality series kicks off its sixth season on Bravo on Tuesday, June 15, at 9 p.m.

Kathy GriffinAlong with her usual entourage -- assistant Tiffany Rinehart, tour manager Tom vize and mom Maggie -- Griffin will stalk A-Listers, judge a toddler beauty pageant and hang out in Alaska with Levi Johnston.

A week before the series' season launch, Bravo will premiere the one-hour comedy special"Kathy Griffin Does the Bible Belt,” Tuesday, June 8, at 10 p.m.

The special was shot before a live, sold-out crowd at the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville, Tennessee – which, as Griffin points out, is on the corner of "Church and Gay” (the venue stands at Church Street and Gay Street) -- and features Griffin taking comedic aim at everyone from Oprah and Gayle to Sharon Stone and hoarders.

Bravo is offering a sneak peek at the new season of "D-List" on its website.

Picture This Television produced "D-List” for Bravo. The series is executive produced by Bryan Scott, Lisa M. Tucker, Danny Salles and Griffin.

Rickmill Productions produced "Kathy Griffin Does the Bible Belt” for Bravo, with Kimber Rickabaugh, Paul Miller and Griffin executive producers.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yeah, me too!!! This is one of my top fav shows! In fact, I am going to see her in Detroit in June. Cannot wait!

+ Reply to Thread