+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3170314;
    This last episode (Walter Reed) was so sad. I cried! Wasn't this the same hospital that was found to be in really, really poor condition? It looked fine on the show, but I saw, maybe a year ago, on a news report that it had bug problems and ceiling tiles were falling down, etc.
    Thanks to Kathy for going there and filming - it was really eye-opening to see these brave men and women dealing with life-changing injuries and trying to continue on. It appeared to lift the spirits of quite a few of the patients and families to interact with her during the day - that was so touching. I applaud Kathy for the strength it must have taken to hold her emotions in check while visiting. She was truly there for the troops and to do what she could for them.

I vaguely remember news reports a while back about Walter Reed having issues - anyone know if they have been resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3170374;
    Thanks to Kathy for going there and filming - it was really eye-opening to see these brave men and women dealing with life-changing injuries and trying to continue on. It appeared to lift the spirits of quite a few of the patients and families to interact with her during the day - that was so touching. I applaud Kathy for the strength it must have taken to hold her emotions in check while visiting. She was truly there for the troops and to do what she could for them.

I vaguely remember news reports a while back about Walter Reed having issues - anyone know if they have been resolved?
    I know that when the report broke on the shape of that hospital, they fired whomever was in charge of keeping it up. I haven't heard much about whether or not it's been improved but I'm guessing when that story broke they probably had a ton of pressure to make improvements fast. There was mold on the walls and all sorts of hazards, if I remember correctly. So sad and sooo embarrassing that our country doesn't take better care of our vets.

From what I've read, they're trying to close Walter Reed. It's too small for all the casualties that are arriving from Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus, the buildings are too small and far apart. The mold problem seems to be all over the country barracks. There was that serious plumbing problem at Fort Benning and now there's a mold problem at another barracks. I can't remember the name. This is a sad state of affairs, to say the least.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by redvwbug;3169122;
    Don't get me wrong, I love Kathy but I have to agree this season was bad. Way too much time devoted to Team Griffin, uggggg.
    Yes, I also think this season was boring. Too much focus on Kathy's mom and Team Griffin. Maybe Kathy needs to "quit while she's ahead" when it comes to doing another season.
    I do give her credit for visiting our servicemen and women. I think that act of kindness comes from her heart and not just for publicity.

Kathy Griffin wins an Emmy — and shocks — again

After shocking the Emmys' creative arts ceremony last year with a profane acceptance speech invoking Jesus Christ, Kathy Griffin won best reality program again for "My Life on the D List" — and riled up the audience again, but left the almightly alone.

"No way!" she gasped in her seat when she heard her name called as winner. Upon arriving at the podium, she gasped, "Well, well, well! Here we go again, f—ers. Here we go again!" Looking around the auditorium, she acknowledged some celebs in the audience, adding, "Hanks, Gandolfini — what the f—! I'm not going to tell anyone to suck it. I would make love to this thing if I could."

Backstage, Griffin told reporters that she toned down her speech this year because she's worried that she might be fired from being an awards presenter next week at the main Primetime show. She's never been a presenter in the past.

Call this year's show the Bleeping Emmys — except that none of it was bleeped. Swearing was a pervasive theme of the Creative Arts ceremony, considering the wins by "I'm F—ing Matt Damon" earlier in the day plus the victory of Bud Lite's "Swear Box" as best commercial.

Last Emmy Award of the day went to Tim Conway, the sixth Emmy of his career: guest actor in a comedy series for portraying an old-time TV legend on "30 Rock."

"Where did the time go?" Conway sighed at the podium, referring to the three-and-a-half-hour ceremony. "I've been here since 9 o'clock — 1918!" Swinging the Emmy around, he ended up sticking one of its pointed wings into his chest. Pretending that he couldn't pull it out and that he was in enormous pain, he rushed offstage, still holding the Emmy aimed at his bosom. And then the Creative Arts Emmy show was over.

Nobody from the Tony Awards showed up to accept the new award for best award program!

And Don Rickles wasn't present to receive the first Emmy of his career (best variety special) for his first nomination ever.

Bill Maher lost both of his two nominations today, increasing his tally as Emmy's biggest loser to 21.
    Link

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

Hurrah for Kathy (oh, darn, I was actually hoping the Dog Whisper would win this year)!
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I hadn't realized that she'd won again this year until last night when they announced it on the regular emmy show. Good for her! She may be loud, profane and a media wh***, but she's honest about it and most of the things she says about other celebs are what we are all thinking or saying. She just has a larger forum for her views.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3202708;
    I hadn't realized that she'd won again this year until last night when they announced it on the regular emmy show. Good for her! She may be loud, profane and a media wh***, but she's honest about it and most of the things she says about other celebs are what we are all thinking or saying. She just has a larger forum for her views.
    I agree with you. I was happy when I heard that and am excited for a new season of her show.

Well, she did it!

This season, Kathy said her goal for the comedy album was to get a Grammy, and she's halfway there! The nominations were announced yesterday:
    Best Comedy Album
    (For comedy recordings, spoken or musical)

* Anticipation
    Lewis Black
    [Comedy Central Records]

* Flight Of The Conchords
    Flight Of The Conchords
    [Sub Pop]

* For Your Consideration
    Kathy Griffin
    [Columbia/Music With A Twist]

* It's Bad For Ya
    George Carlin
    [Eardrum Records]

* Songs Of The Bushmen
    Harry Shearer
    [Courgette Records]
    George Carlin (RIP) will probably get the award, but you never know...nobody thought she would win a second Emmy, either!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Haha! Thats awesome! Good for her!

+ Reply to Thread