+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

MamaC, you get it. You buy within your means, realizing that a car isn't an investment--but often a necessity and that in general for most people (except maybe hypnoboy and Jessica), owning is more beneficial in the long run than renting/leasing.

Does anyone know how many more episodes there are this seasson?

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3153235;
    Does anyone know how many more episodes there are this seasson?
    There were supposed to be 10 this season, but I thought I heard that they are adding an 11th. So either 2 or 3 more.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Cars definitely aren't an investment. Buying vs. leasing - I think what is best varies from person to person. If you don't drive cross-country all the time, or do a ton of driving for work, then leasing can be a great deal (they will charge you like crazy you if you go over the alloted monthy miles stated in the lease), depending on the car you get. You always have a new-ish car, you don't have to worry about costs of repairs if something goes wrong, and you can get a good deal if you look for one.

On the other hand, buying is a good option if you plan on keeping the car for a long time, or if you do a lot of driving. Cars last a lot longer these days without a lot of issue and so maintenance once the warranty wears off is (hopefully!) not going to be an issue for several years.

Warren Buffet is my hero. He drives an older car and doesn't seem to mind it, probably because it kills him to make a bad investment, even though he has billions and wouldn't miss the money he loses. I remember Ross Perot drove some old buick or something like that, too. While I like having a newer car, I never buy a car for the hood ornament. That's a waste of money, gah.

As for the housing stuff - you can make money on a property (even if it's depreciating) if you rent it for at least what you pay in mortgage payment. Your tenants pay your mortgage and you end up with a property for free. And, hopefully, the rent is *more* than mortgage payment!! Then you end up with a little profit every month. Of course, you'd want to hold the properties through the housing slump and continue to rent them until the market improves before selling again.

I don't watch DWTS (well, I watched it once when Def Leppard was on), but I probably would have if Kathy was going to be on it.

All Things Dancing with the Stars - Kathy Griffin Invited to Go Dancing; Did She Say Yes?
    ABC's Dancing with the Stars at the very least is trying to amp up the drama for the coming season by courting some colorful and/or unexpected celebs. Securing the big "Yes," though, is the hard part.

"I have a hard offer for Dancing with the Stars," raucous redhead and proud D-Lister Kathy Griffin tells TV's Extra. But when asked if she plans to accept ABC's invite, she says, "No! I can't even touch my toes!"

Similarly, a spokesperson for former U.S. vice president Dan Quayle tells IndyStar.com, "There was contact [made]" and "there was interest in having him be on the show," but at the end of the day the Indianapolis native said noe. Er, no. "I can tell you that he is not doing the show," says the rep.
    Television show - TV Show - Yahoo! TV

A great little interview was posted at TVGuide.com today:
    Kathy Griffin Bleeps the Faith

by Brantley Bardin

Kathy Griffin, whose Life on the D-List (Thursdays at 10 pm/ET, Bravo) wraps up its fourth season next week, lets her hair down and tells us what she really thinks about Denise, Heather and other tabloid targets.

TV Guide: Despite your D-list/outsider status, you've now won an Emmy, a GLAAD Award and been profiled in the New York Times. Are you feeling triumphant?
    Kathy Griffin: Every time I get a laugh is a triumph, be it on TV, at a live show or at the supermarket. Oh, I forgot: I'm too famous now to go to the supermarket. Although that certainly hasn't stopped Britney Spears.

TV Guide: Reality TV has made you a household name.
    Griffin: Totally. In the '90s [when Griffin appeared on Suddenly Susan], it was the era of the sitcom, and that's gone, buh-bye. The minute I caught wind of that I thought, "I'm a cockroach and I gotta survive this holocaust," so I just immediately got into the reality thing. I love reality, but I really hate when people say about my show, "Oh, it was so obviously staged when she did this or that." Because, like, say, with my mom, we couldn't stage her if we [bleeping] wanted to that crazy old drunk is gonna say whatever the hell she wants.

TV Guide: Think she minds being called a "crazy old drunk"?
    Griffin: My poor family is so beaten down by my act, they're just used to it. [Laughs] So my mom does this great thing where she tries to justify it by saying [dramatic sigh], "Well, if it'll help Kathleen's career, I guess I'll let her make those jokes."

TV Guide: I must say she holds her liquor well....
    Griffin: She's 88 and she could drink you under the [bleeping] table! I'd love to see her in a shot contest with Amy Winehouse she could school Amy in how to hold her booze.

TV Guide: As a self-confessed "publicity whore," what drives you?
    Griffin: I have boundless ambition, because my mom used to always say, "If you're not careful you're gonna have to live in your car and eat dog food." [Laughs] So part of me is always like, "Yeah this could all go away tomorrow." I mean, to be a 47-year-old female in this industry? I'm surprised I'm not playing the great-grandmother on Two and a Half Men, while Charlie Sheen gets laid by a [bleeping] Playmate every week.

TV Guide: What do you think of Denise Richards' show?
    Griffin: Denise Richards can [bleep] my [bleep]! I film The D-List six days a week, 12 hours a day, six months of the year. We're on planes going from Missouri to Sydney to Bora-Bora, while I'm, like, performing in a maximum-security prison. But on her show, Denise Richards is trying to get her pig a mating partner? It's ridiculous! And when I saw she got the cover of TV Guide, I wanted to kill myself!

TV Guide: You work hard for the money! Like next week, D-List devotes the entire episode to your visit to the Walter Reed hospital.
    Griffin: And I'm so proud of winning that battle with Bravo they didn't want to make it a whole episode. But I'd found that those guys at the hospital the majority were amputees just have the sickest sense of humor and were so wanting to laugh and use humor to get through their situation, because that's how they deal. So I said to Bravo, "Go [bleep] yourselves I'm not doing Frontline here, you know. I'll still be making a fool of myself and saying inappropriate things. But this'll be a window into what happens to these people that you're not gonna see on The [bleeping] Kardashians!"

TV Guide: Do you ever feel guilty about trashing other celebrities?
    Griffin: Absolutely not, because, what can I tell you? The last time I saw Anna Nicole Smith, she said "hi" to me. [Laughs] See, a few celebrities have a sense of humor, and when they're nice to me that's awesome. However, there is no get-out-of-jail-free card with me. If they marry somebody they know for two weeks, have sex with Ashlee Simpson or go to rehab for, say, "depression," they're back in the act.

TV Guide: Right. So let's talk about Heather Locklear.
    Griffin: [Conspiratorially] Here's what I'm thinking, and maybe it's evil, but if I could get myself admitted to the same rehab facility she's in and be her roommate, I'm pretty sure I could get some [bleeping] good material for my act.

TV Guide: You're shameless!
    Griffin: Listen, I think Season 5 will just be called Bravo Tries to Kill Me. Because I believe that there is a conspiracy and it's headed by [my nemesis] Ryan Seacrest, Oprah Winfrey and Bravo. I believe those three forces are getting together and trying to kill me. And I don't care if that sounds paranoid, because if it does... then I'll get to go to rehab with Heather Locklear!

Watch clips of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List in our Online Video Guide.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yay, Kathy was in the Silicon Valley! I live in that area. But I found it funny that they showed shots of San Francisco because the Silicon Valley is in the southern part of the Bay Area. SF is approx. an hour away.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3159658;
    Yay, Kathy was in the Silicon Valley! I live in that area. But I found it funny that they showed shots of San Francisco because the Silicon Valley is in the southern part of the Bay Area. SF is approx. an hour away.
    Me, too! Perhaps they shot SF because some folks watching wouldn't have known where Silicon Valley is. (:

I thought it was sad that she played matchmaker since Woz broke up with her after filming for this season ended. That bachelorette looked like she got her match.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Now what was the deal with her and Woz? He got engaged to another woman a month after he and Kathy "broke" up. So were they doing this just for fun/publicity (although does he really need publicity?), since he was probably dating that other woman long before he and Kathy dated (maybe just for the show?). Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3159745;
    Now what was the deal with her and Woz? He got engaged to another woman a month after he and Kathy "broke" up. So were they doing this just for fun/publicity (although does he really need publicity?), since he was probably dating that other woman long before he and Kathy dated (maybe just for the show?). Thanks!
    Yeah, I thought the same thing. That was weird. There didn't seem to be any chemistry between them and they had nothing in common. I wonder who the other woman was he got engaged to?

He had a wedding ring on the entire episode.

+ Reply to Thread