+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

There's next season's theme for you..."My Life on the D-List: The Search for a New Assistant"

I thought the same thing .

Kathy could take over Trump's franchise to save it from the toilet, and rename it The D-List Apprentice.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fan

I think Diddy/sean or whoever he is has that show already on MTV..."I want to be Diddy's assistant"...I have not watched it but I did dvr it LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3146986;
    Kathy could take over Trump's franchise to save it from the toilet, and rename it The D-List Apprentice.
    Actually that would be hysterical.
    CYA

Ryan Seacrest, one of Kathy's favorite targets, is reporting he was bit by a shark recently. I can't wait for Kathy's jokes about this.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I read that Kathy was asked to do Dancing With The Stars but she turned it down. I don't watch DWTS but I would watch just to see how she does and if she would be able to get through without insulting anyone .

FORT Regular

How rude was that when that girl told Kathy that she didn't like her?

I just saw the episode where Jessica got the smack down from Suze Ormond. How dare that woman talk like that about someone who she doesn't even know. Ormond claims that she owns FIVE houses. She's supposed to be giving good economic advice, but she owns 5 houses, "free and clear". Let me point something out. That means that she is paying property taxes on five different houses. That also means that she has a ton of money in an investment that isn't gaining any interest. Yes, houses tend to appreciate in value, so that's kind of like getting interest, but the values can also go down. Even if the value goes up, it doesn't go up with COMPOUND INTEREST!!!.

So that's just stupid. On top of that, Suze Ormond gave Jess crap for wanting to lease a car so that she has a warranty and gets to drive new every 4 years. What do you think Suze Ormond drives??? Think she's in a '94 Corolla? I doubt it. She probably bought a Mercedes with cash. (A poor gas mileage car that is a depreciating asset.) People who give advice like this lady but live in ivory towers are the worst of the worst. Then she couldn't even remember Jessica's name. What a cow.
    Last edited by hypnoboy; 08-01-2008 at 01:50 AM.

LOL! I'm just surfing channels and I landed on Kathy's show. The guy in braids is hilarious!

"What's your last name?"
    "Griffin."
    "Oh.... like.... like.... the Griffins from Family Guy!"
    "Yes! Exactly."
    "Really?!?! Don't f*ck with me! Don't f*ck with me! Seriously?"

LMAO!!! That was so hilarious!

I actually own the magazine the shoot was for. I was flying to Costa Rica on American while the issue was still out. On our stop at Dallas, there was a stand that handed out the magazine for free, and I just grabbed one.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

See, I love Suze Orman. I watch her show every week. She definitely knows her stuff.....she can explain the kind of things that would make one's eyes glaze over so that I can actually understand it.

And yes, she owns five houses.....but they are all over the country in CA, FL, and where ever else. She was stressing that fact that she doesn't have to pay a mortgage payment every month on these homes. Property taxes are nowhere near as much as 12 mortgage payments (times 5) would be and they are still tax deductible. Sure, she could still be making monthly mortgage payments on these homes for the tax benefits.....but why should she if she can afford to pay them off? Why give the bank all that interest?Believe me, Suze has millions invested in stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc., etc. She is a very wealthy woman. And she is making a living (through her TV show, books, etc.) trying to teach the rest of us how to get out of debt and other financial problems.

One of her biggest pet peeves is leasing a car. It is similar to renting a place rather than buying a place. After 12 months, a renter has receipts for living there 12 months. A homeowner has gained some equity in the place and also has tax deductions. Leasing a car is very similar. After 12 months, a car leaser has 12 receipts. Someone who bought the car rather than leasing it would be that much closer to having the car paid off and be rid of one more monthly payment. So I could see her coming down on "Jennifer/Jessica"! Suze says that one should never finance a brand new car unless they can pay it off within 3 years. Better yet, buy a used car. A brand new car depreciates the second it is driven off the lot.

A few months ago, Kathy G. was a guest on her show, something I had never seen before. Kathy has a lot of respect for Suze O.

I did have to laugh when Suze said that leasing the car would be the stupidest thing Jessica ever did. And Jessica said that she didn't think it would be the stupidest thing she ever did. Something makes me think Jessica is going to make a lot more stupid financial decisions.....and other kinds of decisions in her life! LOL

And I did crack up about that dude on the bench with Kathy during that photo shoot. The writers could never had made that stuff up!

+ Reply to Thread