+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Aack, I could barely watch the last part where she was setting her mother up with the senior facility. She's always used her mom as a foil, and most of the time it's been entertaining. But last night it just seemed exploitative and kind of mean. Her mother may be 87, but she's sharp and deserves a lot more respect than being cast as a doddering fool. It was just painful to see.

IMO, I think Maggie enjoys the "set-ups". Kathy adores her mother and would never do anything that would intentionally hurt her mother. They both know it's all tongue in cheek humor. Maggie strikes me as the type of person that would not allow anyone to use her in anyway, including Kathy. I think Maggie gets over on Kathy more than we know. I loved how she was holding on to her grandchildren. IMO, they all looked like they were enjoying themselves.

FORT Fan

I loved the show in paradise...Kathy was hillarious. I agree, watching her try to get the audience to "like" her, "the bomb" night, and The Todd were really funny

I think Maggie is sharp and she plays along with Kathy.

Great episode IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3144561;
    Aack, I could barely watch the last part where she was setting her mother up with the senior facility. She's always used her mom as a foil, and most of the time it's been entertaining. But last night it just seemed exploitative and kind of mean. Her mother may be 87, but she's sharp and deserves a lot more respect than being cast as a doddering fool. It was just painful to see.
    Never fear, Kathy's mom is wayyyy on the inside of every joke and reference. I think she loves being the straight man, and she's having a ball. At age 87 and crazy rich, she doesn't give a darn what anyone thinks - she's her own woman. I saw Kathy's show last Friday night in Vegas - she's flat out one of the funniest stand up acts ever. I hope mom and Kathy have all the last laughs for a good long time!

Kathy subbed for Larry King tonight. She wasn't too bad. The subject was her favorite topic - the paparazzi. Attorney Mark Gerragos, Dr. Drew, and some tabloid reporter were the guests. Kathy was able to keep the conversation flowing fairly well and meted out the questions to each guest.
    The show had a mock situation where the tabloids were stalking David Spade. That was funny, considering no one in their right mind gives a hoot what he goes or says.
    Last edited by roses4me; 07-26-2008 at 02:52 AM. Reason: oops
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I really enjoyed her stint on LKL tonight! She did a good job - and managed to keep her jokes running throughout (lots to Geragos) I finally watched this week's episode of the "d list" and it was better than the last couple of episodes. I just love Maggie - and I have no doubt she is completely in on ALL of Kathy's jokes/stunts. She is indeed a great straight man. Love her!!

On Perezhilton yesterday, there was a breaking story saying that Jessica had quit, and that it was not pretty. I have not heard anything else about it - anyone know about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3145249;

On Perezhilton yesterday, there was a breaking story saying that Jessica had quit, and that it was not pretty. I have not heard anything else about it - anyone know about this?

I just read a few blogs and news items about this. It appears Jessica just "couldn't take it anymore" even though she was traveling all over the world and meeting famous people. Apparently Tom leaked the story to one source. I bet Jessica will write a book and make the press rounds to advance her new career.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Wow, that's juicy news. I wonder what Jessica couldn't "take" anymore. She'll never find a gig that good again. Did you check out those tatoos on her in Bora Bora? I wonder what makes a pretty young girl do something like that to themselves. To each his own, I am just not into tatoos.

Kathy's reps deny the story:
    Kathy Griffin’s Rep: ‘There’s No Truth To The Story’ Of Kathy’s Assistant Leaving

Team Griffin is still solid, intact and ready to continue with the laughs.

Despite reports that Jessica Zajicek, Kathy Griffin’s assistant and co-star on Bravo’s “My Life on the D-List,” has left the comedian, a rep for Kathy told AccessHollywood.com that Jessica is still Kathy’s assistant.

A online blog reports the split of Team Griffin.

Not true according to Kathy’s camp.

“There’s no truth to the story,” the rep told AccessHollywood.com.

“My Life on the D-List” is currently not filming as Kathy is on tour bringing her irreverent pop culture-fused brand of comedy to her legions of fans.

BravoTV viewers can catch Jessica, Tiffany, Tom and of course Kathy every Thursday on the fourth season of the Emmy Award-winning show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I wonder if this is a PR stunt to keep interest in the show.

I just watched the Dog Whisperer with Kathy's segment. He brought Daddy (pitbull featured in many of Cesar's shows) in to work on Kathy's dog's aggression when another dog is around. They got along fine after Cesar did his thing. At the end, she was able to get Pom Pom on the treadmill but they're still working on Chance.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 07-27-2008 at 01:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread