+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I was feeling sad for Kathy too after that Leno debacle. This episode further cemeted my belief that Leno is a jerk. I've never liked the way he gets too "dirty old man"-ish with the young, female guests .... It just comes off as sleazy and pervish.
    I have never liked Leno... and for a man that is far from slim and attractive... he has no place saying anything about anyone's looks. He took a cheap shot.... and lets be honest in that picture of Kathy and Carmen... Kathy looked great.
    ~~~~
    Kathy cracked me up when she told the story about Michael Douglas' shotgun wedding & Barbara Walters being snide to her...
    ~~~~
    I have ranted about Starr Jones before... but does anyone recall that Kathy and Starr were doing the Red Carpet Shows for E!? Starr never once said Kathy's name during those telecast without contempt in her voice. Fact is... Starr Jones has no class. As soon as that terrible show "The View" is canceled.... Starr will never be heard from again.
    ~~~~
    I have always got Kathy Griffin's humor. She normally talks about her personal experience's with these people... whom think they are just a little bit better than everyone else... and she just enlightens people to her take on it. I see nothing wrong with it... she makes just as much fun at herself.
    ~~~~
    I never realize she got "banned" from the talk shows.
    What has me curious... Is she is banned, from making honest comments, about these so call "famous" pinheads?
    Plus I am stunned that she is banned from Letterman. He made a career out of insulting everyone...

Let the sunshine in! IMAPrincess's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical

Does anyone know why Kathy is "banned" from Letterman? I figured that maybe Ellen thinks she is too mean (like she said Regis and Kelly did), but I wonder why Dave won't have her on No big loss to be banned from The View, imho. Star Jones is a witch and completely unprofessional. If they ever get rid of her, I may actually watch that show again.
    My educated guess on why she is banned and/or not invited on some talk shows is because she makes fun of celebrities. So, talk shows may not invite her on becuase then other celebrities may not want to go on the talk show that "supports" her comedy about celebrities. Or the celebrities she talks about in her stand up my refuse to go on the show if Kathy is on. Just an educated guess. I have no insider information.
    I'm only as strong as the cocktails I drink, the hair spray I use, and the friends I have.

Just a heads-up to Canadians in the Toronto area: this show will begin airing Wed. night on Toronto 1, an independant channel. (Aug. 24, 9:00 pm) Toronto 1 is listed in the Starweek TV guide as channel 52, but on my TV it's on channel 15.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Just a heads-up to Canadians in the Toronto area: this show will begin airing Wed. night on Toronto 1, an independant channel. (Aug. 24, 9:00 pm) Toronto 1 is listed in the Starweek TV guide as channel 52, but on my TV it's on channel 15.
    Hey... I was just about to post that...

I'm so excited to watch the show!

FORT Fogey
    Awww crap! I missed the show tonight... Stupid, stupid me.

I caught it... Kathy did the Grammy's... She was great! lol... Does anyone remember if she made the worst dressed list again? or not? or maybe even..... best dressed?

Just finished tonight's episode. Kathy was freakin' fantastic! I almost spat out my water when one of Kathy's "main gays" made that comment about her vag*** and what he imagined to look like! haha
    "How do you feel about marriage and commitment?" - Britney Spears
    "I feel that...I feel that love is love...love has...I don't believe in marriage. I believe you can get married." - Kevin Federline

Huh? I think I just got stupider...
    Please do your part to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina: DONATE!

Loved tonights episode. Quite a few laugh out loud moments. Her DVD came today from Netflix and I can't wait to watch it.

I caught tonight's show for the first time, and I thought it was hilarious. I've always loved her, so I assumed it would be funny, but she was hysterical. I loved her gay friends, and her 'homecoming' was a hoot. It's easy to see where she gets her humor...her parents were a riot.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

It was a little sad when her parents couldn't just say, "We're so happy for you! Way to go!" but instead had to make critical "jokes" when she told them about landing that job. And then the stylist making insulting comments. She did the right thing to fire him, which indicates to me she can take care of herself and probably isn't as insecure as she jokes about being.

Those Hollywood types all have insane body issues. I could not believe it when Kathy was criticizing her body re. wearing a bathing suit on Celebrity Mole. She had a rock-hard stomach and is still so toned on this show. Plus those are great natural boobs and not just "average" like that nasty stylist said. What does he know? So what if she's a size 6 (fabulous!) and "short." She looks great.

There's something about Kathy that just makes us want to stick up for her. Probably the knowledge that she is saying exactly what we think, and reacting to things just as we would. She really is fantastic. Smart, funny, and deserving of all her success and that great house and husband. I hope she reads this and knows how likeable she is to the average viewer.

+ Reply to Thread