+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3138603;
    Remember when Jessica, who was there from the start, was just the quirky, tatooed, put upon assistant w/ okay hair and little makeup? She spent her time cutting Matt's hair and making phone calls for Kathy; Now, it's like she's a character on a sitcom.
    I agree and now because of Jessica we have the Oh So Annoying Tiffany and her giggle at...everything...Kathy....say s....
    CYA

First off, Kathy - SUNSCREEN. Use it!!!!! She kept getting more and more burned as the episode went on. With all of that plastic surgery, I'm sure she's been educated on how important sunscreen is to prevent aging and skin cancer...especially for fair peeps like Kathy.

Now that that is out of the way - I bet Kathy is feeling extra strain - not only with the sucess of this show, but she did lose her dad, her husband - her life has really gone through a lot of changes in the last couple of years. Some people deal with grief by joking - Kathy definitely seems to be one of them. I figured that's why she seems more 'on' lately.

Last week's episode seemed like a funny premise - I do laugh a lot when she makes fun of Oprah - but it was probably funnier on paper then in reality. Once they got down there and you see the kids and the state of the school, it wasn't really funny anymore.

FORT Fan

This is just my opinion, but I love Kathy....other than the late George Carlin she is the only one I would pay to see in person. Maybe it is my warped Irish sense of humor lol??

The show has followed her through some rough patches...she really loved Matt you could see and she depended on him. Her dad John and Maggie were so cute together and I loved to watch them. Now Matt is gone and sadly John died

Kathy keeps on ....and is still a riot LOL. As odd as he was, Woz seemed to fill a void in her life...I hope that she was not too hurt when he upped and married and became a dad or whatever. I think she is brave to put her life out there....yeah, the "assistants" can be a drag, Jessica annoys me too.

I appreciate the comments about the way any of these shows lose their "zest" with time, IMHO they run out of things to show so they sort of create stuff to make new story lines. It would be boring to ONLY see Kathy writing jokes and hanging with the dogs at her home.

So maybe Mexico was a bit scripted...she still did some good there and she was funny...anyone who watches Kathy knows she is going to be obnoxious and inappropriate LOL. The best part for me was when she called her super nerd Steadman and he didn't have a clue what she was yapping about LOL...too funny

*(as a side note....Bikini or Bust with Ashley Page and that trainwreck show with Denise Richards both have so much fake stuff, so many set ups and "plots"....Ashley Paige's show tries to use her mom but she lacks the charm of Maggie....Ashley's show is much more forced and scripted than any show of Kathy's and she is only on episode 4 LOL)

I admit that some of the things Kathy says makes me uncomfortable at times but I still enjoy her show. She's been through a lot these past couple of years. I'm sorry things didn't work out with Woz as they seemed to have fun together. I think she's allowed a few bad moments while she's adjusting to the changes in her life. As long as she's on the air I'll continue to watch. But I do think she goes on and on about Oprah just a tad too much.

On an unrelated topic - after watching other reality shows like Living Lohan, The Two Coreys, Denise Richards and Tori's show, Kathy has the nicest house! She may be "D" list but her house is definitely "A" list. She's proven herself to be savvy in business that's for sure. She can afford two assistants, a stage manager and a housekeeper so she must be doing well.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 07-22-2008 at 08:57 AM.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the thing with Woz was that major. Yeah, it sucks to break up with someone by email (bad girl me, I did it!), but it was obvious that Kathy liked him, but that is as far as it goes. No real chemistry. But so what, in life people go out with people for money, companionship, sex, out of boredom...not everything is a grand romance.

I am a HUGE fan of Kathy....but this season her show, she has changed.

Obviously, she has had quite a bit of plastic surgery done on her. She was a beautiful person inside and out, but now its like she has become a caricature of who she thinks she is supposed to be. There is never anything wrong with plastic surgery....but once someone has gone overboard and altered their appearance in a drastic manner, one should stop.

The death of Kathy's father has played a huge factor, as it should. Life is all about ebb and tide. So it makes sense that there is a noticeable loss there.

And the other "death" that of Kathy's marriage....again, that does and should play a huge factor.

But the problem is, Kathy I dont think is dealing with all the loss in her life in the past 2 years. And rather than dealing with it in her practical, no-nonsense way, it is being swept under the rug and manifesting itself in other avenues, especially with her obsession to physically alter her appearance in a drastic manner as a way to mitigate the drastic emotional changes that have occured in her life.

Even Kathy's comedy isnt the same.

I think Kathy needs to take some time out, away from the cameras to re-find herself again, to process the death of her father and her marriage and then to rise again in a renewed, reinvigorated form.

Also, i forgot to mention.....

Her friendship with Woz, to me was really artificial. Since he is this big guy in the computer world, I wonder if she 'staged' it as a way to get back at her ex husband.

I just want Kathy to get more authentic with herself, because she has sooo many fans out here who totally support her and love her

Funny that you all are talking about Woz. I saw this guy and a woman on a Segways (sp)at Music in the Mark in San Jose today. I was pretty sure it was him so I went up to him and asked if he was Woz. (Lame I know) He said he was and shook my hand. I told him how I had seen him on the show and he said that the bf thing was for tv and pointed out his wife. He talked about Kathy being cheap and how he donated the computers, he also talked about the bear episode. He was pretty nice the few moments I spent with him.

FORT Regular

This show > All other reality TV shows on right now, except for I Love Money.

I thought last night's ep was better than some others this season. We saw real things happen, like her bombing in front of the gay/straight audience, and talking with Mario Cantone about it afterward. I do have to wonder why the whole Team Griffin went with her on the trip though, since there wasn't going to be much for them to do. That part was for the show, unless the island resort paid for all 4 of them (which I doubt).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread