+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

FORT Fogey

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3104996;
    It was $70,000+ and he stole it in small bits from her ATM card. So it wasn't a big scam or anything like that.
    Divorce-worthy, none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3111379;
    Divorce-worthy, none-the-less.
    Definitely. It's all about trust. How hard is it to say, "baby, gonna' use your card to get $300 to do A-B-C..."

To get $70,000 he had to do it multiple times and not give her or the accountant the receipts to track expenses.

Again, trust.

Totally a trust issue, I agree. It was apparent that the decision to divorce was a hard one as she was extremely emotional (for Kathy) on Larry King when she discussed it. I felt really badly for her, as she appeared to have really loved and trusted him. Very sad. We still don't really know his side of things - so I have reserved judgement on him. He also came off on the show as truly caring for Kathy.

FORT Fan

Glad my husbands admin assistant doesnt look as gorgous as Woz's.

Last night's episode was so dull.

In fact, this season's a big disappointment. I agree with those who say it all seems so staged.

The most real aspect this year has been Kathy's sunburn. She was relaxed, real and makeup free; something we used to see in the earlier seasons.

There's just not that balance; it used to be a nice combo of her work, her husband, her family w/ a little down time.

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3137090;
    Last night's episode was so dull.

In fact, this season's a big disappointment. I agree with those who say it all seems so staged.

The most real aspect this year has been Kathy's sunburn. She was relaxed, real and makeup free; something we used to see in the earlier seasons.

There's just not that balance; it used to be a nice combo of her work, her husband, her family w/ a little down time.
    It was dull. I loved the first seasons but now I can barely watch a whole episode. I couldn't stand her trying to use her sarcastic humor on a bunch of poor Mexican kids that just didn't get it. I know that it was part of the joke but it wasn't funny at all. "Team Griffin" doesn't have enough personality for me to want to watch them. She can say over and over how popular they have become but I don't believe it at all. Kathy was better when she wasn't trying to be funny all of the time. Every sentence doesn't have to be a joke. She doesn't always have to be "on" to be entertaining.

It's interesting: in season 1 she had a husband, 2 feisty parents, and her gay best friends, among others.

Three seasons later, not counting Team Griffin (who are on her payroll), and semi-scripted, platonic trophy BF Woz (who has since married someone else), it's just her and her mom.

It's no wonder it seems like she's trying too hard now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3138372;
    It's interesting: in season 1 she had a husband, 2 feisty parents, and her gay best friends, among others.

Three seasons later, not counting Team Griffin (who are on her payroll), and semi-scripted, platonic trophy BF Woz (who has since married someone else), it's just her and her mom.

It's no wonder it seems like she's trying too hard now.
    I wonder if the differences in WHO is in her life now plays a role in the downslide of the show too. For me, a great deal of the appeal of the show when it started was that Kathy came across as a normal, grounded person who desired a little more stardom, but came across as being just like a normal person because of her fascination with celebrities -- something I and many others share with her. The people in her life that you listed -- husband, parents, true friends -- served as that grounding force to reminder her "Hey Kathy, you're normal, just like us".

Now, she's not only surrounded by a completely different group (and this is where I think that Team Griffin does play in and should be counted) but they're a group who benefits from telling her "Oh no, you're a STAR" rather than "get your head back down here with us". Not having those "normal" people in her life that the audience can relate to eliminates that ability to relate to her that made the show so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3138410;
    Now, she's not only surrounded by a completely different group (and this is where I think that Team Griffin does play in and should be counted) but they're a group who benefits from telling her "Oh no, you're a STAR" rather than "get your head back down here with us". Not having those "normal" people in her life that the audience can relate to eliminates that ability to relate to her that made the show so much fun.
    Remember when Jessica, who was there from the start, was just the quirky, tatooed, put upon assistant w/ okay hair and little makeup? She spent her time cutting Matt's hair and making phone calls for Kathy; Now, it's like she's a character on a sitcom.

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3112684;
    Definitely. It's all about trust. How hard is it to say, "baby, gonna' use your card to get $300 to do A-B-C..."

To get $70,000 he had to do it multiple times and not give her or the accountant the receipts to track expenses.

Again, trust.
    Wasn't Matt addicted to Fantasy Football and didn't he use the money to gamble? I agree that there is an innocence in the beginning of all reality shows and then there's the breaking of the 4th wall, when we begin to realize the show is not as spontaneous as we thought. I still miss John Griffin and thought he and Maggie were the best supporting characters, real or not they were a hoot together.

+ Reply to Thread