+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 689

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

  1. #461
    Yumpin' Yiminy roses4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nor. Calif. bay area
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3089073;
    I've watched all seasons of Kathy's shows and yes, this season she does seem to be angry and more anxious to say shocking things. I wonder if she is still bitter about her divorce and Matt stealing her money. Maybe it could be she is still grieving about her father's death? I don't know. I love Kathy and still think she's funny and will continue to watch her show.

    Do you know if Matt ever had to repay his alleged theft? I remember a little blurb on Larry King about this, but really can't remember if the missing money resulted in criminal charges or even how much it was. Since they were legally married, I would imagine there wasn't much she could do about it -except the divorce, of course.
    ~~~~

    I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

  2. #462
    FORT Fogey straycat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    873

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    I don't know either. And Kathy never said much about it on her show. I am guessing since they were married at the time that nothing happened to him.

  3. #463
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    I agree that her show has become less and less enjoyable as the seasons have gone on, but I can't say it surprises me, and I don't think its really related to anything in her life. That sort of progression happens in most reality shows. In the beginning, it was just capturing her life as it happened. There was some production worked in there -- putting her in a particular situation and seeing how she reacted. But it was an experiment to see if it would work as a show, and it was more organic. As the show has become more popular and gone on for longer, even if its not intentional, things are going to get more production-heavy. When things happen in Kathy's life, its natural to think about how that would work in to the show. So, the show itself becomes less and less natural, and more and more produced. It happened with the Real World. It happened with The Osbournes. It's even happened with competition reality shows like The Apprentice and Project Runway. There's a level of "innocence" that contributes to the reality of a show when its just starting out. Once people start to know what the results are, you can never re-gain the natural benefit of filming for the "unknown".

  4. #464
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3089422;
    I agree that her show has become less and less enjoyable as the seasons have gone on, but I can't say it surprises me, and I don't think its really related to anything in her life. That sort of progression happens in most reality shows. In the beginning, it was just capturing her life as it happened. There was some production worked in there -- putting her in a particular situation and seeing how she reacted. But it was an experiment to see if it would work as a show, and it was more organic. As the show has become more popular and gone on for longer, even if its not intentional, things are going to get more production-heavy. When things happen in Kathy's life, its natural to think about how that would work in to the show. So, the show itself becomes less and less natural, and more and more produced. It happened with the Real World. It happened with The Osbournes. It's even happened with competition reality shows like The Apprentice and Project Runway. There's a level of "innocence" that contributes to the reality of a show when its just starting out. Once people start to know what the results are, you can never re-gain the natural benefit of filming for the "unknown".
    YOU SAID IT!!!!!! You are SO right. They start out good then the natural part of it goes away!

  5. #465
    Over and Out! Bunny555's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,368

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Matt has changed a lot. He has apparently kept the weight off by doing triathalons. Here is a picture from his blog:
    Salad Days

    BillWeb-708738.jpg
    CYA

  6. #466
    Yumpin' Yiminy roses4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nor. Calif. bay area
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    I did a little web surfing about their divorce and she says he stole $79,000 from her account. That's a little weird since a marriage in California is 50/50. He said the money was for household and tour expenses. It's a "he said/she said situation." Blah, blah, blah.
    ~~~~

    I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

  7. #467
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,289

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Is this waste of space still on the air???

  8. #468
    Yumpin' Yiminy roses4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nor. Calif. bay area
    Posts
    1,422

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Kathy's been rebanned by The View. Apparently Barbara Walters is upset that her chat with Kathy about lubricants was in her act. Hellooooo...Babs you know Kathy can't keep a secret. Speaking of secrets, why did Barbara have to name names in her autobiography. Talk about a hypocrite! Barbara had an affair with a married senator. Can you imagine what his children are now thinking, because Barbara certainly wasn't. The senator and his wife broke up right after the affair. Such a sad story. I hope Kathy mentions this in her next act. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
    ~~~~

    I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

  9. #469
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,338

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3103774;
    Kathy's been rebanned by The View. Apparently Barbara Walters is upset that her chat with Kathy about lubricants was in her act. Hellooooo...Babs you know Kathy can't keep a secret. Speaking of secrets, why did Barbara have to name names in her autobiography. Talk about a hypocrite! Barbara had an affair with a married senator. Can you imagine what his children are now thinking, because Barbara certainly wasn't. The senator and his wife broke up right after the affair. Such a sad story. I hope Kathy mentions this in her next act. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
    Good points. I was wondering if there was more to the rebanning than just the lube comment, because it seemed like a really lame reason for someone of Barbara's stature to use, especially after she was in the middle of baring her life before the world for profit.

    Overall, good ep, but it still suffers from the same staginess of the rest of the season. The "company meetings" are getting to be as scripted and predictable as the morning roll call that began every ep of Hill Street Blues.

    Loved to see her hanging out with Megan Mullaly and Molly Shannon. The minister/wedding thing was a funny idea, but she should have bothered to prepare her role a little better as officiator. I felt bad for the couple getting married (not because of her profanity, they should have expected that, but for her sloppy grasp of what her job was as officiator).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  10. #470
    FORT Fanatic ChristoferHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    495

    Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

    Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3089183;
    Do you know if Matt ever had to repay his alleged theft? I remember a little blurb on Larry King about this, but really can't remember if the missing money resulted in criminal charges or even how much it was. Since they were legally married, I would imagine there wasn't much she could do about it -except the divorce, of course.
    It was $70,000+ and he stole it in small bits from her ATM card. So it wasn't a big scam or anything like that.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.