+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;3089073;
    I've watched all seasons of Kathy's shows and yes, this season she does seem to be angry and more anxious to say shocking things. I wonder if she is still bitter about her divorce and Matt stealing her money. Maybe it could be she is still grieving about her father's death? I don't know. I love Kathy and still think she's funny and will continue to watch her show.

Do you know if Matt ever had to repay his alleged theft? I remember a little blurb on Larry King about this, but really can't remember if the missing money resulted in criminal charges or even how much it was. Since they were legally married, I would imagine there wasn't much she could do about it -except the divorce, of course.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I don't know either. And Kathy never said much about it on her show. I am guessing since they were married at the time that nothing happened to him.

FORT Fogey

I agree that her show has become less and less enjoyable as the seasons have gone on, but I can't say it surprises me, and I don't think its really related to anything in her life. That sort of progression happens in most reality shows. In the beginning, it was just capturing her life as it happened. There was some production worked in there -- putting her in a particular situation and seeing how she reacted. But it was an experiment to see if it would work as a show, and it was more organic. As the show has become more popular and gone on for longer, even if its not intentional, things are going to get more production-heavy. When things happen in Kathy's life, its natural to think about how that would work in to the show. So, the show itself becomes less and less natural, and more and more produced. It happened with the Real World. It happened with The Osbournes. It's even happened with competition reality shows like The Apprentice and Project Runway. There's a level of "innocence" that contributes to the reality of a show when its just starting out. Once people start to know what the results are, you can never re-gain the natural benefit of filming for the "unknown".

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3089422;
    I agree that her show has become less and less enjoyable as the seasons have gone on, but I can't say it surprises me, and I don't think its really related to anything in her life. That sort of progression happens in most reality shows. In the beginning, it was just capturing her life as it happened. There was some production worked in there -- putting her in a particular situation and seeing how she reacted. But it was an experiment to see if it would work as a show, and it was more organic. As the show has become more popular and gone on for longer, even if its not intentional, things are going to get more production-heavy. When things happen in Kathy's life, its natural to think about how that would work in to the show. So, the show itself becomes less and less natural, and more and more produced. It happened with the Real World. It happened with The Osbournes. It's even happened with competition reality shows like The Apprentice and Project Runway. There's a level of "innocence" that contributes to the reality of a show when its just starting out. Once people start to know what the results are, you can never re-gain the natural benefit of filming for the "unknown".
    YOU SAID IT!!!!!! You are SO right. They start out good then the natural part of it goes away!

Matt has changed a lot. He has apparently kept the weight off by doing triathalons. Here is a picture from his blog:
    Salad Days

BillWeb-708738.jpg
    CYA

I did a little web surfing about their divorce and she says he stole $79,000 from her account. That's a little weird since a marriage in California is 50/50. He said the money was for household and tour expenses. It's a "he said/she said situation." Blah, blah, blah.
    ~~~~

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Is this waste of space still on the air???

Kathy's been rebanned by The View. Apparently Barbara Walters is upset that her chat with Kathy about lubricants was in her act. Hellooooo...Babs you know Kathy can't keep a secret. Speaking of secrets, why did Barbara have to name names in her autobiography. Talk about a hypocrite! Barbara had an affair with a married senator. Can you imagine what his children are now thinking, because Barbara certainly wasn't. The senator and his wife broke up right after the affair. Such a sad story. I hope Kathy mentions this in her next act. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3103774;
    Kathy's been rebanned by The View. Apparently Barbara Walters is upset that her chat with Kathy about lubricants was in her act. Hellooooo...Babs you know Kathy can't keep a secret. Speaking of secrets, why did Barbara have to name names in her autobiography. Talk about a hypocrite! Barbara had an affair with a married senator. Can you imagine what his children are now thinking, because Barbara certainly wasn't. The senator and his wife broke up right after the affair. Such a sad story. I hope Kathy mentions this in her next act. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
    Good points. I was wondering if there was more to the rebanning than just the lube comment, because it seemed like a really lame reason for someone of Barbara's stature to use, especially after she was in the middle of baring her life before the world for profit.

Overall, good ep, but it still suffers from the same staginess of the rest of the season. The "company meetings" are getting to be as scripted and predictable as the morning roll call that began every ep of Hill Street Blues.

Loved to see her hanging out with Megan Mullaly and Molly Shannon. The minister/wedding thing was a funny idea, but she should have bothered to prepare her role a little better as officiator. I felt bad for the couple getting married (not because of her profanity, they should have expected that, but for her sloppy grasp of what her job was as officiator).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3089183;
    Do you know if Matt ever had to repay his alleged theft? I remember a little blurb on Larry King about this, but really can't remember if the missing money resulted in criminal charges or even how much it was. Since they were legally married, I would imagine there wasn't much she could do about it -except the divorce, of course.
    It was $70,000+ and he stole it in small bits from her ATM card. So it wasn't a big scam or anything like that.

+ Reply to Thread