+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 69 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

I now think she is hilarious! I originally didn't like her and I was basing that opinion solely on her appearance in Seinfeld (very stupid, I know) I've watched some of her episodes and routines and just love her. I see now what I've been missing all these years.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Good ep this week! I like it when she hooks up with other celebrity friends, so that it doesn't look like she's pathetic and has no friends other than her staff.

Lance Bass is always funny around her (did he put on some weight or what?), and seeing Margaret Cho and Cyndi Lauper was a treat. The Olivia Newton John "audience" was a little stagey and awkward, but having Carson Kressley there saved it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I love the term "gayhem" for the gay mayhem. Too funny.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3085137;
    Good ep this week! I like it when she hooks up with other celebrity friends, so that it doesn't look like she's pathetic and has no friends other than her staff.
    In the first season, while still married, she and Matt entertained all the time; Non-celebrity, gay couples. That's how I knew Lance Bass was gay. He's over at her house on one of the episodes. Which normally wouldn't mean anything, however, the way the show was edited it appeared that she had no female &/or straight friends-straight couples, lesbians or straight women. So, I figured Lance was gay.

Then around the 2d season we see she actually does have female friends, who are actually featured!

Remember, it's all about editing.

I Love Kathy and have gone to see her a couple of times. I couldn't wait for her show to start up again BUT she seems a little more??? I don't know, angry? In your face? Something that I can't put my finger on. I love it when she talks trash about celebrities but there is a lot less of that and a lot more of her just trying to shock. It's kinda like she's trying too hard. Don't get me wrong, I still laughed my head off. I'm very hard to shock and can take anything that she dishes out but it's almost like she feels that fans have gotten numb to her act and she's trying to kick it up a notch.

I can't put my finger on it either --- but I am not nearly as entertained by her this season. Kind of disappointing. She says that her assistants are more famous than she is... Am I alone in just not caring about them? I do not find them amusing at all. And Tom makes me feel icky - just something creepy about him, I don't like the vibe he gives off.

There is something different this year. All the spontaneity is gone.

In the first couple of seasons, Kathy would walk around the house in no makeup, and things in general seemed a lot more real. Now everything seems too set up, everyone is too made up (especially Jessica...who is she kidding with that clown make-up and wavy bleach job?) and nothing seems real. Kathy is definitely trying too hard for the cameras now, and it shows by all the failed humor during that plane trip.

I still manage to get several laughs out of each episode so I keep watching. But after allowing cameras to watch her honestly go through a divorce and the loss of her father last season, this year she seems hell bent on performing no matter if she's on stage or off.

Her mom seems like a prop now, I almost feel like she's being fed lines to say. And her assistants shouldn't be getting into the act so much. They all seem like to think they are as big as she is now. It's just creepy sometimes.

I dunno. I still love her, but I think the shark-jump is taking place as we watch.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;3088291;
    I can't put my finger on it either --- but I am not nearly as entertained by her this season. Kind of disappointing. She says that her assistants are more famous than she is... Am I alone in just not caring about them? I do not find them amusing at all. And Tom makes me feel icky - just something creepy about him, I don't like the vibe he gives off.
    No!!! You're not alone!!! Don't care about them at all. Too bad that she's giving them so much attention this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3088604;

Her mom seems like a prop now, I almost feel like she's being fed lines to say. And her assistants shouldn't be getting into the act so much. They all seem like to think they are as big as she is now. It's just creepy sometimes.

I dunno. I still love her, but I think the shark-jump is taking place as we watch.
    I haven't liked the show nearly as much as I used to since the new assistants came on board....especially Tiffany. That girl needs to stop cackling at everything Kathy says. It's not funny, it's not cute.....nothing but annoying.
    CYA

I've watched all seasons of Kathy's shows and yes, this season she does seem to be angry and more anxious to say shocking things. I wonder if she is still bitter about her divorce and Matt stealing her money. Maybe it could be she is still grieving about her father's death? I don't know. I love Kathy and still think she's funny and will continue to watch her show.

+ Reply to Thread