+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

FORT Fogey

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3055328;
    I love Kathy Griffin. She is so funny. As for her Emmy speech, of course it was meant to be shocking! That is what she does - she goes for shock value. But she is honest at the same time. There are lots and lots of people that make jokes about Jesus, and there are a lot of people that are not offended by such jokes. It's not just on TV because no one wants to deal with the Chrisitian backlash that occurs when someone says something like that. But, you know, this country is based on freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and Kathy can and should say whatever she wants about Jesus. If someone is a true Christian, their faith will not be challened by a joke made by Kathy Griffin at the Emmy awards.
    She has a big following because she shares the same beliefs as many other out there. So she should be able to express those beliefs, even if it may offend some people.
    I agree 100% -- Kathy can and should say anything about anyone that she wishes. Her freedom to do so however does not prevent people from being offended or hurt by her doing so.

I remember in I think the first season of My Life on the D List, they showed Kathy going on Jay Leno, and Leno made some comments about her that she was upset about. Jay was 100% free to say what he did about Kathy, and she was 100% free to be offended by it. If she can be offended when people say negative or offensive things about her, then certainly those she targets can react the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3055513;
    I agree 100% -- Kathy can and should say anything about anyone that she wishes. Her freedom to do so however does not prevent people from being offended or hurt by her doing so.

I remember in I think the first season of My Life on the D List, they showed Kathy going on Jay Leno, and Leno made some comments about her that she was upset about. Jay was 100% free to say what he did about Kathy, and she was 100% free to be offended by it. If she can be offended when people say negative or offensive things about her, then certainly those she targets can react the same way.
    Sure, some people will be offended by what she says. That's kinda what she's about. Talking crap about other people and being a bit offensive. I'm sure she expects to get shocked responses to what she says, she says that she actually expects to get fired for saying what she says, and expected to offend people by her Jesus comment. She thinks it's funny and doesn't seem to care about it.
    It doesn't matter to her, because Christians and Dr Phil watchers are not her target audience, and causing a stir only brings her more attention (and more devoted fans too!).

Kathy does get offended when people make jokes about her appearance. She has a good sense of humor about herself, but you can tell that is a really touchy spot for her. She tries very hard with her appearance and I think it really cuts her deeply when people joke about her being unattractive. I remember the same thing happened on the episode where Jay from Project Runway asked her what was wrong with her eye. So she isn't really good at taking what she dishes when it comes to making fun of someone's appearance. She looked sooo tiny on the A List Awards, though! She's looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3055328;
    Kathy is *really* dating the Apple guy? That seems like such a weird combo...I wonder if it's for real or just for show...?
    Probably just for show. I heard they are kaput now.

Quote Originally Posted by LocaCola;3055708;
    Probably just for show. I heard they are kaput now.
    Yeah, that seemed too weird to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3055729;
    Yeah, that seemed too weird to be true.
    It did! He is such a funny looking guy. He seems really sweet, though. Kathy seems to like Big Beautiful Men. Her husband was chubby too. Hmm.

A-list awards: luvsginger
    Rachel Dratch? and Tyson Beckford presented an award. Rachel came out wearing a dress like Alex's (from RHONY) and made some jokes about it. Pretty funny.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Thanks livin4reality, can't wait to catch the re-run! I saw a snippet where Kathy mentions Steve broke up with her by e-mail. He told her that he found someone else and is starting a family with her. He is creepy looking and she can do much better than that. She might have been more interested in his "peso' nality rather than his "perso" nality.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I TIVO'd the "A" List Awards and just watched them. Kathy was hysterical! I hope the Powers That Be don't think she went too far, (even tho she probably did) cause she was really clever and unique and funny. Most fun I've ever had watching an award show!!!

FORT Fogey

I just finished watching my recording of the show. I've gotta admit, I'm not quite sure why they did it. Did Bravo cook the whole thing up for Kathy to have a chance to mock reality shows? There were some funny moments, but for the most part, I can't say I'd be devestated if Bravo doesn't make it an annual event.

The A-list awards were a waste of space. Ninety mins. of celebrity promotion, self-promotion, & product promotion/placements (i.e. - Nikki Taylor promoting her new line of hair products masquerading as a hair demo).

I thought the show was pretty dumb (every D-List person on the planet attended that one) but I did enjoy seeing all the RHOOC/RHONY ladies & past contestants from Top Chef & Project Runway.

The only redeeming thing about the show was the fact that they raised money for Unicef/Myanmar cyclone victims.

+ Reply to Thread