+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Saw Kathy's new, updated hairstyle on TV the other day. It looks really cute & modern.

Anybody watching the season premiere at the moment? Was she on the red carpet pre-show for the A-List Awards beforehand?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3054308;
    Anybody watching the season premiere at the moment? Was she on the red carpet pre-show for the A-List Awards beforehand?
    I can't answer your question, but I am watching. Funny as usual! Her mom always steals the show for me, tho...unintentionally!

FORT Newbie

I haven't watched yet....still on the A List Awards but Tivo'd Kathy. I have to agree about her mom.....I LOVE her. She is so adorable and so was her dad.

I agree! I love Kathy's mom. Her dad was extremely cool as well. R.I.P, Kathy's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2569853;
    I think part of the problem with what Kathy said is a misunderstanding of what people who include thanks to God as part of an acceptance speech mean. While some may, I don't believe the majority of those people intend to imply "God looked at the 5 nominees, chose me as His favorite, and waved His magic wand". Rather, I think the intent is along the same lines of why techincally its not proper to applaud a hymn being performed in a church service -- it's a recognition that the talents used to give a great performance were talents bestowed on the person from God. That person had to develop and use those talents in order to be able to perform, but are acknowledging where they came from.

Kathy doesn't share those beliefs with me, and I respect that. But I think that her comments are one teeny example that is becoming more in more prevelant in our culture declaring that it is perfectly fine to mock and belittle people who don't share your beliefs. I'm tired of the acceptance of that mockery, and sorry to see Kathy joining in on it. She can and is funny without resorting to that.
    But what about all the so called religious folk who are more than free to shout their prejudices from the roof tops (Like, Hmmm, I don't know, maybe the way they condemn GAYS to burn in the fires of Hell?????????????) And yet let Kathy make a joke about Jesus and they get all indignant and whiny. If they don't like Kathy's brand of humor, then go watch some televangelist and pull out your check book and send them more money. Oops, just fell off my soapbox, sorry for ranting.

I didn't have a chance to watch the A-list awards show on Bravo, did anyone notice if Jackie Warner showed up? Did any of the Workout cast show up? Did Kathy Griffin make any jokes about Jackie, and did she make any jokes about Simon from RHONY?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;3054841;
    But what about all the so called religious folk who are more than free to shout their prejudices from the roof tops (Like, Hmmm, I don't know, maybe the way they condemn GAYS to burn in the fires of Hell?????????????) And yet let Kathy make a joke about Jesus and they get all indignant and whiny. If they don't like Kathy's brand of humor, then go watch some televangelist and pull out your check book and send them more money. Oops, just fell off my soapbox, sorry for ranting.
    I feel far more strongly against the people who call themselves religious and cry out agaisnt gay people. I think they deserve even more disagreement and disgust hurled their way than Kathy Griffin did for her remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3055123;
    I didn't have a chance to watch the A-list awards show on Bravo, did anyone notice if Jackie Warner showed up? Did any of the Workout cast show up? Did Kathy Griffin make any jokes about Jackie, and did she make any jokes about Simon from RHONY?
    I only watched some of the show - I recorded the rest. I don't watch Workout, so I don't know if anyone from that show was there. But the whole thing was not limited to Bravo shows. They did awards and Kathy went after people from all over pop culture.

Kathy was on the red carpet pre-show a couple times talking to Tim Gunn. She did not make any remarks about Jackie Warner and I didn't see Jackie at the show. That doesn't mean she wasn't there, I might have just missed seeing her in the audience.
    I'm so glad My Life on the D-List is back on I love this show and Kathy. I love Kathy's mother, Maggie too, she's so funny.

Kathy is *really* dating the Apple guy? That seems like such a weird combo...I wonder if it's for real or just for show...?

I didn't like the A List awards. It was kind of boring, I thought. Where were the workout people?

I love Kathy Griffin. She is so funny. As for her Emmy speech, of course it was meant to be shocking! That is what she does - she goes for shock value. But she is honest at the same time. There are lots and lots of people that make jokes about Jesus, and there are a lot of people that are not offended by such jokes. It's not just on TV because no one wants to deal with the Chrisitian backlash that occurs when someone says something like that. But, you know, this country is based on freedom of speech and freedom of religion, and Kathy can and should say whatever she wants about Jesus. If someone is a true Christian, their faith will not be challened by a joke made by Kathy Griffin at the Emmy awards.
    She has a big following because she shares the same beliefs as many other out there. So she should be able to express those beliefs, even if it may offend some people.

+ Reply to Thread