+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Silent Lover To All TymeMarteen's Avatar

Re: Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List (Bravo)

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2567928;
    im sure it wasnt meant to be offensive, those who watch the show and seen it know its just her sense of humor... i do believe she crossed the line because religion is a sensitive subject, but its just Kathy, and i dont think she meant to wrong anyone with her comment.
    honestly, her comments shouldn't really be all that serious.
    i mean, at the oscars everyone wears their political afflictions on their sleeves and no one hardly says anything. kathy was taking the entire thing lightly. as she does with everything. i suppose that it's only a joke if you appreciate kathy's outlandish comedy. which i do. i just think people are taking the speech and her too seriously.

I back Kathy's emmy speech 100%. It's all right for some crack head to get up in front of an awards show audience and "thank god" and/or Jesus for winning (Do these morons really believe that IF there is a god, he/she has time to worry about who wins best song/sit-com/book/movie etc. etc. ad nauseum. They all better start praying for Peace in Iraq instead. GO KATHY!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;2567928;
    im sure it wasnt meant to be offensive, those who watch the show and seen it know its just her sense of humor... i do believe she crossed the line because religion is a sensitive subject, but its just Kathy, and i dont think she meant to wrong anyone with her comment.
    I actually think she did mean for it to be offensive. Her brand of humor is intended to be offensive. I think she is hilarious, and enjoy most of what she does. Sometimes, I think she goes too far, and this would be one of those cases. I don't have a problem with her mocking people for their snootiness, over-inflated egos, etc. But I think its a shame when she resorts to mocking people for their honest beliefs which don't agree with her own. I would have preferred that she not say something like she did, but I'm not going to hold any sort of long grudge against her for saying it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I took her speech with a grain of salt and wasn't offended by anything she said. Jesus didn't have anything to do with her reality series, which she must know is a tacky show (but funny! I enjoy it). I find it more surprising when someone actually thinks their show/CD/film won an award because Jesus was on their side. As the previous poster said, if there is a God, he or she would not (in my opinion) be dealing with something so trivial as a reality series or an awards show.

FORT Fogey

I think part of the problem with what Kathy said is a misunderstanding of what people who include thanks to God as part of an acceptance speech mean. While some may, I don't believe the majority of those people intend to imply "God looked at the 5 nominees, chose me as His favorite, and waved His magic wand". Rather, I think the intent is along the same lines of why techincally its not proper to applaud a hymn being performed in a church service -- it's a recognition that the talents used to give a great performance were talents bestowed on the person from God. That person had to develop and use those talents in order to be able to perform, but are acknowledging where they came from.

Kathy doesn't share those beliefs with me, and I respect that. But I think that her comments are one teeny example that is becoming more in more prevelant in our culture declaring that it is perfectly fine to mock and belittle people who don't share your beliefs. I'm tired of the acceptance of that mockery, and sorry to see Kathy joining in on it. She can and is funny without resorting to that.

Good point. I guess the problem I have with Whitney Houston or some of these other people accepting an award and saying, "I'd first like to thank God," etc. is that they lead such unChristian lives (or seemingly to me) that it just sounds so insincere. I have a hard time believing that they are Christians or live a Christian life. While I am not a Christian and am ambivalent about church and God, I respect that people believe what they believe. But don't talk wack about crack and then thank the Lord...

FORT Fogey

I'll leave it up to God to decide who the good and bad Christians are. If churches were intended to be museums of perfect people, they'd all be empty.

Yes, but a stage isn't a church.

TV Guide News reports that a fourth season has been approved, and will probably start airing in the summer.

Kathy's official site says that taping began with her New Year's Eve stint with Anderson Cooper, and that the new season will have ten episodes instead of the usual six.

Can't wait! She was hilarious on CNN over New Year's. Really kept Cooper on his toes. Yet she still had the class not to "out" him on live TV! Go figure.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Kathy's the bomb....can't wait.

+ Reply to Thread